Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 VERY close to become #1 Retail Software This Gen! (3DS is leading)

ArchangelMadzz said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If we're going to lump all gaming devices foolishly into one, then ios and android owns them all. PS4 or 3DS... neither of them come close to software Apples game sales.

We're not lumping them all onto one we're talking about sales that vgchartz actually track because that's the site we're all on. PS4 has already taken over 3ds if you count digital sales but they aren't tracked here.

Yeah but what are we "celebrating"? A win ONLY on VGchartz? Seems sort of pointless when we all know two other gaming platformers have much, much higher sales. I don't get it.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

We're not lumping them all onto one we're talking about sales that vgchartz actually track because that's the site we're all on. PS4 has already taken over 3ds if you count digital sales but they aren't tracked here.

Yeah but what are we "celebrating"? A win ONLY on VGchartz? Seems sort of pointless when we all know two other gaming platformers have much, much higher sales. I don't get it.

It's the king of console software.  As fans of consoles we're happy.  

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Such a big disconnect from DS to 3DS software sales. Is 3DS widely pirateable at this point of time like PSP and DS?

DS: 150mil+

3DS: 59mil+

User base is probably a big reason for it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

AlfredoTurkey said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

You don't know? Here on Vgchartz every time their fave console beats something on another console, we shall celebrate!!!!!!! 

Just like how I did with the 3DS beating the PSP in Japan! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

OneKartVita said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If 3DS is a console, so is an iPhone. There AREN'T any more "dedicated" consoles. They're all multipurpose computers that allow for a multitude of things. The iPhone can do more things, but exactly how does that mean it isn't a "console"? Is there some magic limit of things a machine can do that pushes it out of the "console" discussion?

Not even ten years ago, no one online ever lumped handhelds and consoles together. Now, it seems the younger ones want to do that for some reason... which is fine. But if you're going to do that, you can't leave out smart phones which are every bit the gaming machine that a handheld is and more. If a 3DS is now considred a "console" like the PS4, then so is the iPhone.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

You don't know? Here on Vgchartz every time their fave console beats something on another console, we shall celebrate!!!!!!! 

Just like how I did with the 3DS beating the PSP in Japan! 

Yeah but 3DS vs another handheld is apples to apples lol

AlfredoTurkey said:
OneKartVita said:

If 3DS is a console, so is an iPhone. There AREN'T any more "dedicated" consoles. They're all multipurpose computers that allow for a multitude of things. The iPhone can do more things, but exactly how does that mean it isn't a "console"? Is there some magic limit of things a machine can do that pushes it out of the "console" discussion?

Not even ten years ago, no one online ever lumped handhelds and consoles together. Now, it seems the younger ones want to do that for some reason... which is fine. But if you're going to do that, you can't leave out smart phones which are every bit the gaming machine that a handheld is and more. If a 3DS is now considred a "console" like the PS4, then so is the iPhone.

IPhones are primarily phones,  communication and Internet devices.  Vita and 3DS are primarily gaming devices.  That's the difference.  People don't buy iPhones to game, just like they don't buy a Vita to use it as a Web browsing device. 

Ridiculous argument. I'm going to celebrate this Playstation victory and savour it.  and I feel justified too. 

Jranation said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Such a big disconnect from DS to 3DS software sales. Is 3DS widely pirateable at this point of time like PSP and DS?

DS: 150mil+

3DS: 59mil+

User base is probably a big reason for it. 

Pretty major decline.  Especially when mobile is a lot more dominant now then it was when the 3DS launched.  Add to that the PSP going from 80+ million to the vita which will be less than 20m most likely.  

60m decline for psp and probably 80m decline for DS. Do you see the next generation of dedicated handheld market declining again?  

Vita will get no successor so that's a 20m market decline straight away.  How much less than 70m will the NX handheld sell.  My guess is 20-30m leaving the generation decline around 50m. Are you more optimistic?

OneKartVita said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

IPhones are primarily phones,  communication and Internet devices.  Vita and 3DS are primarily gaming devices.  That's the difference.  People don't buy iPhones to game, just like they don't buy a Vita to use it as a Web browsing device. 

Ridiculous argument. I'm going to celebrate this Playstation victory and savour it.  and I feel justified too. 

People buy iPhones for many reasons and gaming is one of them. They're a gaming platform, period. I don't want to be a dick and "take something away" from you or piss on your parade. I know how that feels. But I also know PS4 is not the number one gaming platform for sales by a large, large... REALLY large margin. 

I won't bother arguing it anymore though as I feel I'm derailing your thread. I'm sorry about that.

AlfredoTurkey said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It's not a celebration but a milestone. The win isn't ONLY on Vgchartz, if you actually read my reply you'd know that PS4 has already won OUTSIDE of vgchartz, we're only marking the vgchartz takeover. 

iOS and Android aren't strictly gaming platforms, they're platforms that have games. Everyone owns a smartphone (mostly) and people who have them then think 'oh I can play games' 

The thing about consoles and hand helds is people spending hundreds of dollars with the SOLE PURPOSE of playing games, which is why the 2 can never be compared to each other properly. 

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'