By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Germans don't want Merkel anymore...

OdinHades said:
I can't hear it anymore. Imagine the US wouldn't have let refugees in during WW2. Einstein would have simply died in a concentration camp or something. No relativity for us, sorry. You wouldn't be sitting on a PC or smartphone right now without a little help of that (jewish) refugee.

Fucking Nazis.

I think taking in a million refugees in a one year, wich come all from an entirely different culture, is a bit different. Also around 40% of all refugees arent even refugees, they are just seeking better life.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Soundwave said:

We don't need more people on this planet period. Our survival as a *species* is more important than the survival of any national identity, so lowering population is a good thing, we only have a finite amount of resources. 

The bottom line is adding a few tax incentives that are still dwarfed by the large cost of raising children wouldn't really be that big of a sweetner. Good luck telling your wife you want her to be pregnant again for a tax subsidy too, methinks you'll likely be sleeping on the couch. 

Western countries need to have more stringent immigration integration process though on that I would agree. 

You can say all you want, but immigration is a cheap easy way out, there to lower the cost of labour. When you put it your way, of course it sounds bad! But you need to realize that we don't need immigrants coming here, demanding everything from the get-go, and when they don't get it, start causing trouble. Me thinks this'll cause racial war... me thinks this'll lead to collapse of EU... me thinks it'll simply cause Europe to become facist again. 

UK and Canada and hell even the US have had massive immigrant populations for 50+ years now, I think Germany will do OK in the long run. 

A population drop from 81 milion to 68 million would be staggering for Germany, basically you have a lower base of tax revenue with likely a large base of tax constiuents that need more services because you have more old people. 

That's really the core issue. Old people live too damn long these days because we don't live in the stone age anymore. I guess you could just round old people up into camps and kill them. If you're a 25 year old German, a huge chunk of your tax revenue is going to keep some 80 year old alive for another 5 years. At leat an immigrant after they acclimitize become part of the consumer base. 

Aging populations are not good for economic progress, countries like Germany and Japan are at risk of falling behind the likes of China and India as leading economic superpowers if they do not do something about their population crisis. 

Soundwave said:
barneystinson69 said:

You can say all you want, but immigration is a cheap easy way out, there to lower the cost of labour. When you put it your way, of course it sounds bad! But you need to realize that we don't need immigrants coming here, demanding everything from the get-go, and when they don't get it, start causing trouble. Me thinks this'll cause racial war... me thinks this'll lead to collapse of EU... me thinks it'll simply cause Europe to become facist again. 

UK and Canada and hell even the US have had massive immigrant populations for 50+ years now, I think Germany will do OK in the long run. 

A population drop from 81 milion to 68 million would be staggering for Germany, basically you have a lower base of tax revenue with likely a large base of tax constiuents that need more services because you have more old people. 

That's really the core issue. Old people live too damn long these days because we don't live in the stone age anymore. I guess you could just round old people up into camps and kill them. If you're a 25 year old German, a huge chunk of your tax revenue is going to keep some 80 year old alive for another 5 years. At leat an immigrant after they acclimitize become part of the consumer base. 

Aging populations are not good for economic progress, countries like Germany and Japan are at risk of falling behind the likes of China and India as leading economic superpowers if they do not do something about their population crisis. 

And you want to know what's happened? I'm canadian, and let me tell you the consequences of just come immigration programs. Vietnemize in the 70s? Today in Vancouver drug/gang crime everywhere. The somalians? Districts in Ottawa once safe to walk during the night shouldn't be driven through during day time. Today many cities have muslim populations demanding muslim only schools, sharia law (thankfully this one didn't go through), ect. Area's that contain muslim's also have the highest crime! But I'm sure cheap labour makes it all better...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

PxlStorm said:
The AfD (the anti-immigration party the OP talked about) is a xenophobic and racist Party. Some of it's member have talked about shit like bringing concentration camps back and shooting at refugees. If you celebrate news like this, you are a failure as a human.

Im sure its just a couple of few. And maybe they are already expelled. Its almost the same case in sweden with the Sweden democrats, but i vote for them. I know Shi* like this shouldnt be taking seroiusly because they are just extremists who wont have much power

barneystinson69 said:
Soundwave said:

And you want to know what's happened? I'm canadian, and let me tell you the consequences of just come immigration programs. Vietnemize in the 70s? Today in Vancouver drug/gang crime everywhere. The somalians? Districts in Ottawa once safe to walk during the night shouldn't be driven through during day time. Today many cities have muslim populations demanding muslim only schools, sharia law (thankfully this one didn't go through), ect. Area's that contain muslim's also have the highest crime! But I'm sure cheap labour makes it all better...

lol, Canada is ridiculously safe compared to just about any other country. You're more likely to get into a conversation about hockey than mugged by the creepy looking homeless guy in down town (this literally actually happened to me, lol). Canada is a joke crime-wise. 

Not only that, but the crime rate has been declining since the 1970s in Canada. 

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-630-x/11-630-x2015001-eng.htm

It's the same in the US, despite Mexican immigrants getting blamed for everything, the US' crime rate has actually gone down over the last 20 years. 

No one's going to mistake Canada for Compton any time soon, even freaking Compton is a lot safer these days than the 80s/90s. 

Around the Network

Oh well you had it coming Germany since this policy will cost you 50 billion euro's a year. http://m.dw.com/en/the-costs-of-the-refugee-crisis/a-19016394

The people who work their ass off in Germany don't want to live in poverty because of a self inflected crisis in the Middle East. (Yes it is self inflicted, did Europe drop down to civil war after WW2, I don't think so). These cultures in the Middle East need to be opressed and can't handle freedom and basic human rights. The mass rapes made that pretty clear now didn't it. The Germans are starting to see this and want to end this policy which clearly doesn't see the Germans as people but as cash cows to adopt Syria. (Which is going so extremely well)

User was warned for this post ~ CGI-Quality

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Volterra_90 said:
Yeah, let's celebrate the rise of xenophobic parties on Europe!

Even if I really dislike Merkel, I'm really worried about this. And I'm totally ashamed of being European, we're denying a fundamental human right which is asylum to those people who are escaping a war. This would sit a bad precedent. If we ever need help for them, let's brace ourselves.

I am hoping that it isn't the same here... thankfully, Rajoy hasn't said anything stupid to date... 

the AFD is an insignificant protest party that will never be part of any government. They can't and won't change anything. Like the Pirate party, they will soon be at 1-2% again. Probably some time after the next Bundestagswahl.

It's always sad to see how low some users of VGC have fallen. This thread shows it.

Barozi said:
the AFD is an insignificant protest party that will never be part of any government. They can't and won't change anything. Like the Pirate party, they will soon be at 1-2% again. Probably some time after the next Bundestagswahl.

It's always sad to see how low some users of VGC have fallen. This thread shows it.

It seems like you want to silence democracy? they are still democratic. Anf if most people want this party. They will have the power. I have also german citizenship and i voted for them. I think its time to stop the madness that happens in europe

Make Europe Germany great again.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5