By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Germans don't want Merkel anymore...

Qwark said:
Barozi said:

Of course it's racist. Saying a culture needs to be oppressed is no better than saying that blacks are only good for slavery.

Maybe you didn't notice but could it be that the things you mentioned are like that BECAUSE they are mostly oppressed by either their own kind or some foreign invader?
The same things applied during the Nazi times.
Could you be gay in Nazi Germany?
Could you be disabled in Nazi Germany?
Could you express your opinion freely on the Führer?
Could you be Yewish and live happily in Nazi Germany?

Obviously not, but that's evidently no reason to say that a culture has to be oppressed in all eternity.

Obviously you are ignoring the fact that Germany slowly evolved in the Germany that we know today. They didn't become a free nation in moments. If you trancent from a dictature towards a free country it's not really any form of mirracle that it is bound to go wrong, the mass rapings prove that. Besides it's not like you can say everything in the West without backlash we still have laws against spreading hate and discrimination and people get arrested because of those like Wilders. If we look at Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Afghanistan there is one simple conclusion folks had it better with a strong dictator and less freedom than now. The political system over there is different and largely based on power and corruption, with those fundamentals a strong party makes sure of stability in the region which is better than chaos and mayham so yes, I rather see Sadam as sitting president instead of parties like IS and the Taliban killing innocents by the masses thus opression of the people and those groups is way better for the people than the current alternative. 

Saying blacks are only good for slavery on the other hand is a different story entirely. But if you think it that countries like Lybia, Iraq and Afghanistan are doing better without dictator than with one be my guest. 

EXACTLY what my MUSLIM friend tells me. She misses Saddam. "He kept the shit to sheo level".

Of course, having a dictator ruling doesn't sound "good" or "fair" on paper, but what do we do if someone like Saddam resulted in the best outcome possible for the WHOLE region and the rest of the world? 

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Qwark said:

Obviously you are ignoring the fact that Germany slowly evolved in the Germany that we know today. They didn't become a free nation in moments. If you trancent from a dictature towards a free country it's not really any form of mirracle that it is bound to go wrong, the mass rapings prove that. Besides it's not like you can say everything in the West without backlash we still have laws against spreading hate and discrimination and people get arrested because of those like Wilders. If we look at Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Afghanistan there is one simple conclusion folks had it better with a strong dictator and less freedom than now. The political system over there is different and largely based on power and corruption, with those fundamentals a strong party makes sure of stability in the region which is better than chaos and mayham so yes, I rather see Sadam as sitting president instead of parties like IS and the Taliban killing innocents by the masses thus opression of the people and those groups is way better for the people than the current alternative. 

Saying blacks are only good for slavery on the other hand is a different story entirely. But if you think it that countries like Lybia, Iraq and Afghanistan are doing better without dictator than with one be my guest. 

EXACTLY what my MUSLIM friend tells me. She misses Saddam. "He kept the shit to sheo level".

Of course, having a dictator ruling doesn't sound "good" or "fair" on paper, but what do we do if someone like Saddam resulted in the best outcome possible for the WHOLE region and the rest of the world? 

Simple we look the other way, like what we do with North Korea and African countries without oil

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
LurkerJ said:

Simple we look the other way, like what we do with North Korea and African countries without oil

title is wrong! over 80% vote against the Anti-immigration party. in germany we call them little hitlers.

That statement that the middle eastern countries need dictatorship because they can't handle democracy based on countries of the arabian spring is simplistic and seen in black and white. How was Afghanistan before the American founded Taliban group took control in the country? Women without hijabs going science classes, men and women freely taking a stroll in the park and the like. I can post pictures if you don't believe me. And I believe the same about the other middle eastern countries. America, Saudi Arabia, Qatar has built the middle east and it's people of today. But if people see this as an absolute and that it can't change than they are mistaken. As they say the Phoenix will rise from the Ashes. Maybe not in our lifetime but it will and then hopefully we don't have read these kind of absolute, disgusting, black and white statements.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.