By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Germans don't want Merkel anymore...

Congratulations to the AfD gaining a few grounds ...

Me being anti-immigration means I'm racist or xenophobic from now on ...

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
You can't paint all Muslims the same way just because of the extremists. That's exactly what the anti-immigration party is doing, which is what Hitler did to non-Germans.

Is Germany really willing to go down this road again?

Putin will renazify Europe, rebuild the USSR and start WWIII so that the USSR can become a superpower again... 

You heard it first from me! 

Aielyn said:
Azzanation said:
Here is an example of letting migrants into a country and allowing them what they want. Down here in Australia, we have had many migrants, From the 80s we had a swarm of Europeans who accepted the Australian way. 90s we had a swarm full of Asians, who gladly accepted Australia’s way. In the 2000s we are getting many from the Eastern Europe countries who bring their strong religious beliefs with them. There’s nothing wrong with that, but now over the course of many years, they never accepted Australia’s way, in fact Australia rules are changing because of them. We are no longer aloud to sing the national anthems in our schools, we can’t even wave the Aus flag around without getting questioned due to racism.

Most of the crime waves here are based around religious beliefs. Rape, thief, murder or stabbings tend to always lead to a Muslim or migrant.

Many Muslim men condemn Aus woman who don’t fully cover up in towels. They don’t want to live under another rules, they want to live under their own rules but in another country. The way the world is going, by allowing migrants into their countries, in a matter of years the world will change. In another 10 years Australia’s will be another India, or Muslim country. Same goes for the rest of the world. Keep allowing these people in and the more they will slowly change the country to fit their needs.
Here is what the audience is like in Australia and what they think of a British solder getting murdered in England. This is coming from what he thinks of our society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssj_pOHM8pg
^ I suggest those who want to defend what iv stated watch it before having your say in there defence.

I walk the same streets as these men.

It would really help if you got your facts straight.

The National Anthem is being sung in every school in Australia, with the exception of one or two backwards schools, pretty much all of which are cases of individual decisions without consultation. What you've done is bought into a number of hoax stories that claim that various schools prevented the singing of the national anthem, because of supposed complaints by certain segments of society...

... indeed, I'm betting that you also believe that Muslim children are walking out of the anthem because they're against it. Here's the big thing that your racist sources didn't tell you - they were walking out because it was during the Muslim equivalent of Lent, and during this period they're not allowed to do things that bring them joy. That's right - they were walking out because the Anthem brings them joy.

And the issue with people waving the Australian flag around isn't the waving of the flag, it's the idiots that drape themselves in the flag, and use the flag to justify their racism that are criticised. Nobody considers these children to be "questioned due to racism". Or these young Muslim girls. Our politicians constantly surround themselves with the flag. But when Bogans drape themselves in the flag, when they wave the flag while shouting racist sentiments, when they defile the flag with messages of intolerance, and especially when they do all of the above, they are rightfully called racist bigots.

Our national anthem has two verses - I'm betting that you, and the other so-called "patriots", aren't even aware of that. And in the second verse, one of the lines goes "For those who've come across the seas, we've boundless plains to share". That's right, for all your ranting, it is you and others like you who are defiling Australia, its flag, its anthem, and its culture.

But I do like how you used one interview with one muslim man, plus a few people around him, to justify your bias, but refuse to acknowledge the great violence done in the name of anti-islam. One of my good friends is a muslim. He's also incredibly pro-Australia. He is upset about actions taken in other countries, but he doesn't hesitate one iota before condemning the actions of groups like ISIS. In fact, he's more likely to believe that those people aren't Muslims at all.

You say "Many Muslim men..." - to that, I simply say [citation required]. You have zero evidence that more than a small subset of Muslim men do it.

Here are a few final facts. Muslims represent 2.2% of all Australians (which actually means there are more Buddhists than Muslims in Australia). Despite claims to the contrary, the vast majority of these are peace-loving, Australia-loving people who just want to live their lives by their religious beliefs, no different from the average Australian Christian. When they ask for Sharia Law, they're not asking for what you think they're asking for. They're asking for the right to have Islamic tribunals set up for dealing with issues between Muslims (who agree to take things to the tribunal instead of the courts) according to Islamic customs. They don't want to change any laws, they just want those tribunals to be able to pass the same kinds of decisions that can be passed by regular courts, and have them hold the same force. Note that it's the "same kinds of decisions" - no forced marriage, no capital punishment, no chopping off of hands, they don't want to be able to subvert existing law. They want things like the ability to apply Islamic principles of divorce settlements, for instance, if both parties agree to the tribunal.

They would still be 100% subject to Australian laws, and they aren't seeking to change those laws. Because Islam actually establishes the principle that you obey the laws of the land you are in - the only exception is where the law requires the Muslim to do what they consider sinful. Fortunately, Western nations don't force people to do things. That's why Muslims love it so much in Australia - in many of their countries of origin/ancestry, rulers have dictated what people can and can't do. They love Australia's religious freedom - they don't want to change it.

But hey, you're not going to read what I've had to say. And I accept that. You've made up your mind. All I can hope is that someone who might have been swayed by your misguided claims get to hear an alternative argument.

EDIT: Note that draping yourself in an actual Australian flag, as opposed to simply wearing things that have the Australian flag as part of their design, is considered defilement of the flag. Here's the RSL calling for a ban on Australians draping themselves in the flag. But the so-called "patriots", who will argue that they're defending what the soldiers fought for, aren't going to listen to those soldiers. It's not really about defending Australia. It's about attacking Muslims and defending racism.

Defending Sharia law in Australia. Good job. Australia already has its own laws, abide by it. I can't imagine what the Muslim community will demand if they represented a larger chunk of the population.

CaptainExplosion said:
You can't paint all Muslims the same way just because of the extremists. That's exactly what the anti-immigration party is doing, which is what Hitler did to non-Germans.

Is Germany really willing to go down this road again?

Huh, I didn't know AFD is planning to put Muslims in concentration camps.

And to answer your question, there is something called the Horseshoe Theory.

Naum said:

I all I know now is that my country ( Sweden) is f***ed.

We are almost 10 million people here in this country we have in the past 8 months taken in almost 200k refugees.

Our schools don't have enough money to give worthwhile education.
Our sick can't get decent healthcare.
Our old live under the poverty line even after working for 50+ years.
Our younger people (18-25) can't get jobs or their own apartments.
Our homeless people can't get any decent help getting back into society
etc etc etc I can go on and on and on.

But somehow we do have billions upon billions of cash to spend on the tsunami of "refugees" that have gotten here after passing 10+ countries with peace.

I'm sorry but enough is enough. It's nothing racist about it.

Those problems mainly come from our fucked up financial system. Not from refugees. 

Of course there are assholes among the refugees. Of course not everyone is in real need of help. But are we seriously willing to sacrifice thousands of people just because of some assholes? At least I am not.

Also, if you're dreaming of world peace, a world where all people get along with each other and work together: Telling other people to stay the fuck away from you is not the way to go. AfD and other parties are mainly profiting from fear and hate. A whole lot of people can't seem to imagine that refugees are people like you and me. They are not some terrorist drones waiting to bomb the fuck out of our countries. They are not all mad rapists or something. If you look up the numbers, statistical there aren't more rapists among refugees than among german citizens. Everyday some german asshole gets drunk ad rapes someone. No one cares. Most refugees are just normal people in search of a place to live. It's what everyone would do in a fucked up country in an endless war. No human being is illegal. 

I keep hearing about "millions" of refugees. When in fact, it wasn'T even a single million in 2015. It was 600.000 people. ( http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/fluechtlingskrise/zahl-der-fluechtlinge-geringer-als-angenommen-14119786.html ). That is a number germany can EASILY handle. It's not even 1 % of the population. You won't notice a difference in your everyday life ever because of that. We also have more than enough money, we're still in black numbers despite of all the refugees and stuff. So why all this panic? Because of fear and hate. It's so easy to get into peoples brains but so hard to get it out again. And in times like these, right wing politicians will do everthing they can to profit from peoples fears. They won't even try to take them away, they will amplify them to get votes. As we saw at sunday, it works. It works really good. 

I don't know, to me there is no such thing as "them" or "us". Every human is different. Not every muslim thinks the same way. Not every christian thinks the same way. And not every atheist thinks the same way. I also don't get all this fear of "Überfremdung" (can't find a translation for that word, means as much as "too many strangers"). There are 20.000 people in the town where I live - and I know next to nobody out of those! Maybe about 100 people I do know by face and name. But the rest? Never heard of them. I couldn't care less if those people are white, brown, yellow, christian, jewish or whatever. They don't affect my life even in the slightest way. So I kinda roll with live and let live. 

I just hope people get to their senses before the next Bundestagswahl. Seeing AfD in Berlin would be an absolute nightmare.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
OdinHades said:

Those problems mainly come from our fucked up financial system. Not from refugees. 

Of course there are assholes among the refugees. Of course not everyone is in real need of help. But are we seriously willing to sacrifice thousands of people just because of some assholes? At least I am not.

Also, if you're dreaming of world peace, a world where all people get along with each other and work together: Telling other people to stay the fuck away from you is not the way to go. AfD and other parties are mainly profiting from fear and hate. A whole lot of people can't seem to imagine that refugees are people like you and me. They are not some terrorist drones waiting to bomb the fuck out of our countries. They are not all mad rapists or something. If you look up the numbers, statistical there aren't more rapists among refugees than among german citizens. Everyday some german asshole gets drunk ad rapes someone. No one cares. Most refugees are just normal people in search of a place to live. It's what everyone would do in a fucked up country in an endless war. No human being is illegal. 

I keep hearing about "millions" of refugees. When in fact, it wasn'T even a single million in 2015. It was 600.000 people. (http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/fluechtlingskrise/zahl-der-fluechtlinge-geringer-als-angenommen-14119786.html). That is a number germany can EASILY handle. It's not even 1 % of the population. You won't notice a difference in your everyday life ever because of that. We also have more than enough money, we're still in black numbers despite of all the refugees and stuff. So why all this panic? Because of fear and hate. It's so easy to get into peoples brains but so hard to get it out again. And in times like these, right wing politicians will do everthing they can to profit from peoples fears. They won't even try to take them away, they will amplify them to get votes. As we saw at sunday, it works. It works really good. 

I don't know, to me there is no such thing as "them" or "us". Every human is different. Not every muslim thinks the same way. Not every christian thinks the same way. And not every atheist thinks the same way. I also don't get all this fear of "Überfremdung" (can't find a translation for that word, means as much as "too many strangers"). There are 20.000 people in the town where I live - and I know next to nobody out of those! Maybe about 100 people I do know by face and name. But the rest? Never heard of them. I couldn't care less if those people are white, brown, yellow, christian, jewish or whatever. They don't affect my life even in the slightest way. So I kinda roll with live and let live. 

I just hope people get to their senses before the next Bundestagswahl. Seeing AfD in Berlin would be an absolute nightmare.

^This

Sorry. its "only" 1.1 million.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

1.1M refugees in a year. How many years will it be before people change their tune on wanting refugees? I wonder what Germans on here feel about living in a country with a Muslim majority.

Lawlight said:
1.1M refugees in a year. How many years will it be before people change their tune on wanting refugees? I wonder what Germans on here feel about living in a country with a Muslim majority.

Oh, come on, a friggin' majority? A MAJORITY?! Are you kidding me? Seriously. My brain literally hurts, thank you for that. 

That said, muslims and christians are equally stupid in my eyes. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

barneystinson69 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

^This

Sorry. its "only" 1.1 million.

Germany has taken 1.1 total inmigrants in 2015, about 600k of them are Syrian refugees.

OdinHades said:
Lawlight said:

Oh, come on, a friggin' majority? A MAJORITY?! Are you kidding me? Seriously. My brain literally hurts, thank you for that. 

That said, muslims and christians are equally stupid in my eyes. 

Well, the Muslim population in Germany increased by 1.375% in a year. Muslim countries have a high birthrate. Yeah, I can see it happen at some point.