By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Germans don't want Merkel anymore...

I guess I should also put this video up by Rebel Media, who interviewed 3 immigrants on their input on the migrant crisis. The first of the three was Ivan Jurcevic, the hotel bouncer who witnessed what happened in Cologne during New Years Eve. He is widely known for putting this video up (and Germans can't see it because of this):

Here's Rebel Media's video below (it's quite long, but worth a watch):

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 31 July 2018

Aura7541 said:

I guess I should also put this video up by Rebel Media, who interviewed 3 immigrants on their input on the migrant crisis. The first of the three was Ivan Jurcevic, the hotel bouncer who witnessed what happened in Cologne during New Years Eve. He is widely known for putting this video up (and Germans can't see it because of this):

Thanks for this. Kind of makes me wonder if Merkel had a part in trying to cover this up. Just shows how willing these "desperate" migrants want to integrate. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Anyone who views the world in terms of invisible boundaries has got a lot of meditating and self reflection to do. We are earthlings, not Americans, Canadians, Germans etc. The sooner this simple truth is recognized, the sooner our species can start solving shit.

While something definitely needs to be done about the refugees, I think Germany and perhaps Europe as a whole has screwed everything up. As a national leader in a democratic country, your service should be to the citizens of the country you represent first. Helping others is fine but it should not be at the expense of the safety and security of the people you serve. Simply letting people in and worrying about the consequences later is not the right thing to do.

The governments of Europe also should have been open and transparent with their people. Yes, there may have been some backlash when it was discovered that violent crimes were being committed by some of the refugees but by trying to hide it and not do anything about it causes people to lose trust in the government that they elected and brings uncharacteristic sympathy to the more extreme movements. That's how extremists gain a political footing. The government abandons the people and the extremists come along and say "we know how you're feeling and we can identify with you".

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network

Good. I think it's Crazy bringing in millions of immigrants who won't integrate properly.

The AfD (the anti-immigration party the OP talked about) is a xenophobic and racist Party. Some of it's member have talked about shit like bringing concentration camps back and shooting at refugees. If you celebrate news like this, you are a failure as a human.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Anyone who views the world in terms of invisible boundaries has got a lot of meditating and self reflection to do. We are earthlings, not Americans, Canadians, Germans etc. The sooner this simple truth is recognized, the sooner our species can start solving shit.

I would agree with you as well, its just that these people aren't willing to accept that. They exist for allah, and that's it. I do believe we as a species need to work together, but that's not how humanity was made. Fact is, we're all just mean't to kill each other, just like animals. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
Aura7541 said:

Thanks for this. Kind of makes me wonder if Merkel had a part in trying to cover this up. Just shows how willing these "desperate" migrants want to integrate. 

In the interests of balance though plenty of migrants integrate fine into Germany and Germany is going to need large immigration in the coming decades because their population is on pace to drop from 81 million currently to about 68 million and that would be disastrous for their economy (Japan is going to be in big trouble soon because of this too). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZozLHZFEblY

The vast majority of these people are just regular people like you and me. 

What I think Merkel's mistake was is fast tracking too much, too soon. Accepting migrants is fine, but it should be done in a more controlled pace, allowing too many people to come too quickly is problematic. 

barneystinson69 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I would agree with you as well, its just that these people aren't willing to accept that. They exist for allah, and that's it. I do believe we as a species need to work together, but that's not how humanity was made. Fact is, we're all just mean't to kill each other, just like animals. 

Humans have something up on animals and that's our ability to think as well as we do. Just because we once ran around throwing spears at wild beasts to feed our tribe, doesn't mean we always have to do it. We can evolve. But that takes hard work to achieve.