By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm worried for the future Xbox...

Are you worried about the future of Xbox?

Yes. Their vision is bein... 320 68.52%

No. Phil knows what he's doing. 73 15.63%

PHIL IS A GOD! PRAISE UPO... 19 4.07%

Console peasants just mak... 55 11.78%

Total:467

I'm not worried, i dont care about xbox when i see what it became and which company own it

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Last gen I was a big 360 fan but changed to ps3 when mgs4 released. Been extra hard on ms since and by extension their fans but today is not a good day for anyone. Its horrible when people lose their jobs and especially when they love what they do. When the industry loses an iconic studio we all suffer and the world of gaming feels a little emptier.

EIGHT (!) Studios were removed from Microsoftstudios.com today.

Daaaamn, what is happening?!

Okay, can you imagine, for a second, if Microsoft announced, back in 2013, BEFORE the release of Xbox One, that their plan was to make ALL of their major games available for PC also? 

Can you imagine that? Sales would have been EVEN WORSE, right off the bat! No one would have bought an Xbox One. Now I feel like everyone who HAS an Xbox One is justifying their purchase by praising everything Microsoft does... Even if they aren't really buying games for the console.

Random_Matt said:
Don did what he was told, Phil does what he is told. This Don scape goating is old and boring.

Amen.

#XboxOCPrecursorRace

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Aeolus451 said:

Why is that the brand, xbox which has the least amount of exclusives every gen hasn't been the market leader ever? Before you reply with this likely rebuttal, nintendo's exclusives canter to a specific portion of gamers and attracts mainly them to the consoles. Anyway, the problem with third party games in general is that they can be bought and played on the competitions' hardware. So what makes a person pick one console over the other?

Exclusives make a console distinctive from the competition and people buy console to play games.

What would happen if the xbox consoles didn't have their exclusives? The consoles would sell worse than they did. 

Just in that other thread about what reasons do people have to buy an xbox one. The main two answers to it were halo and exclusives. Try to downplay the role of exclusives some more, please. 

There is no need to downpaly anything because the proof is right in your face. WiiU has the most exclusives and is the least selling. PS4 has the most 3rd party games and is the highest seller. There is only 1 PS4 exclusve in the top 10 selling games on it. Where are those 10+ million sellers for the PS4 or XB1? Where are those who buy a PS4 buying those 1st party games? Thats right there isnt many. My facts are based off charts, yours arent. Go ahead and look them up, suprise yourself.

The XB1 and PS4 will continue to sell because they have strong 3rd party support and many gamers want a console to game on. Why is the XB1 the 2nd best selling console this gen outselling a console with the best 1st party support?

On don't try to play that shit. You never look up a thing to save your life. Many times, people have set you straight with facts/charts but you ignore it and stop posting/replying in the thread altogether. Did I say that exclusives sell really well or top the charts? Nope. Because what games are selling are not really that relevent in this because they can't explain why somone bought one console over another. You have to ask gamers to find that out.

I'll put it a way so you might understand or that you can't deny it. If any xbox fans are asked why they chose to buy an xbox one. They'll most likely say it's because of the exclusives or exclusive IP series.  It's no different with any of the big 3. 

Why dd you buy an xbox one, azzanation? Are you gonna tell us it's because of the multiplatform games? *Rolls eyes

If I ask you why there's any reason to buy a xbox one right now. Are you gonna tell me the reasons are muliplatform games?

Phil Spencer is a yes man who tells yiu what the fans want to hear while being told what to do by his superiors. He's not the reason they're doing this just like Don Mattrick wasn't the reason the x1 had a terrible launch.

OneKartVita said:
Phil Spencer is a yes man who tells yiu what the fans want to hear while being told what to do by his superiors. He's not the reason they're doing this just like Don Mattrick wasn't the reason the x1 had a terrible launch.

Exactly my thought, so people who saw in him a heroe, the savior are funny

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
OneKartVita said:

Exactly my thought, so people who saw in him a heroe, the savior are funny

Not the hero we deserved, but the one that we needed right now.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Believe it or not but it IS killing the Xbox and it will affect the console landscape. I just hope the NX revitalises the market because the PS4 can't do it alone.