By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm worried for the future Xbox...

Are you worried about the future of Xbox?

Yes. Their vision is bein... 320 68.52%

No. Phil knows what he's doing. 73 15.63%

PHIL IS A GOD! PRAISE UPO... 19 4.07%

Console peasants just mak... 55 11.78%

Total:467
barneystinson69 said:

And I wanted to also add this. Many of the new feature's that where announced have either gone down the drain, forgotten, or are not nearly where they were suppose to be (likely due to it not having enough effect on sales, or because it allowed for sales, but won't matter anymore). B/C for example. When announced, I literally yelled, and jumped up and down with excitement. Next thing I did, came to this site, and absolutely went insane over it! But now, well lets see here. We saw 4 games come out in February (all arcade), and so far 1 for March. Considering they promised weekly games, I feel as if Microsoft didn't bother planning this out, and now they've been backed into a corner. We have 2 games that are confirmed to come out from now till April for B/C, and that's it! 2 games! We where promised 100s for the future. Do you mean 100s of crappy arcade games that nobody plays and we have to wait years for? Should I enjoy playing Dorito racer or whatever crap that was! My hype is gone, just gone! There are so many games missing from this, and unless E3 see's the full ME Trillogy, RDR, and a bunch of other surprises, I declare it dead. We have 20-30 AAA games that work with B/C, and that's it. That's far from 100s. Monthly feature's? Dead as well! Windows 10 proved to ruin the UI and remove many feature's, and make it clear anyone who bought a kinect that they were was shafted! Disgusting! The only thing that's still good is Games for Gold, which require's a gold membership.

I don't know what to say anymore. I've been an avid Xbox fanboy for years, and I've been the first to come at its defence! I was perma-banned from this site for defending the godforsaken brand, and I felt it was right! Well now I wish I could take it back. For the first time ever, I am in a state of hate towards the brand. I can't be nice to it, when we keep seeing Phil say "oh well since Xbox isn't doing well, fuck everything #PCmasterrace". I really just want to punch his smug face, more than the weizled ass we know as Mattrick. Its taken years to reverse this stigma, and now in just mere weeks its being all reversed. Now maybe I'm wrong, and things will go well. But with Phil's future vision of the brand, I feel this is exactly what Don Mattrick did. A future that's just crappy, a future in which I can't support the brand. This is the last straw Microsoft, piss me off more, and I'm done! I will march with Nintendo, as they have yet to disappoint me!

Edit: I didn't mean this in a sales point btw (at least for the most part). I just mean in terms of the brand and my feelings, just to clarify.

See that's how I've always felt about ms overpromise and underdeliver, I was always called a troll, and I'm not saying this justifies me in any way, it's just that i know where you're coming from, because it's real

Around the Network

I predicted a while back that ms would go third party, it would be cool if that actually happens.
And failing that...would be cool to see steam support on ps4

Xbox is just 1 division. It's not the entire company like Sony.

So there is nothing to worry about.

tiffac said:

?? what's your point?

theprof00 said:
tiffac said:

?? what's your point?

There was a point? O_O!

Around the Network
tiffac said:
theprof00 said:

?? what's your point?

There was a point? O_O!

Exactly there was no point because you suggested Playstation was the entire company of Sony.  Ridiculous statement! 

There are rumors the decision came from above, and Phil cannot oppose his boss directly. Don didn't even try. Phil seemed to try but I am not sure he can do it now... There is only one person to blame for all this...

Nadella... Is it too late to bring Ballmer back?

OneKartVita said:
tiffac said:

There was a point? O_O!

Exactly there was no point because you suggested Playstation was the entire company of Sony.  Ridiculous statement! 

I was going for "I don't really have any point" but that works too. ^^

Soundwave said:
MS is doing fine. This new direction is a no brainer for them and will improve their marketshare in the long term.

Improve their marketshare of what?  Jack of all trades, Master of none. 

So what do we have now for Xbox? Decreasing market share in the console space, closing of multiple internal studios, key franchises being moved to PC?

This all sounds very much like sega's situation around 1999, 2000 and 2001 when they finally announced they were exiting the hardware business.

Not saying that's going to happen with Microsoft, but it does sound eerily familiar.

On a side note, has there been any updates on gears of war 4 since its initial unveiling last year? Or does Microsoft usually wait this long to share new info on past gears games?