By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm worried for the future Xbox...

Are you worried about the future of Xbox?

Yes. Their vision is bein... 320 68.52%

No. Phil knows what he's doing. 73 15.63%

PHIL IS A GOD! PRAISE UPO... 19 4.07%

Console peasants just mak... 55 11.78%

Total:467
KiigelHeart said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I see this 'exclusives don't sell consoles' everywhere and then I look at how many people preorder exclusive bundles and wonder why people think this. Exclusives are the ONLY reason to own one console over another. People will buy a PS4 because of UC4, people will buy a PS4 because of The Last Guardian and people will buy a PS4 for GT. It's a nonsense argument that's proved wrong over and over again.

Second sentence there? Or am I drunk or something 😋

Not drunk but you also misread that^^

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Toodles!

Look, we don't get on and that's fine but the one thing I am is a fair minded person. I've just scanned back to see what made me post the original comment and I owe you an apology because I misread. The one thing I must stop doing, and I do it all the frigin' time, is jumping from one forum to another and trying to read similar threads on all of them. I pick up a general vibe and then forget where I got it from. So, sorry about that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Considering this thread just popped up
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=214417&page=1#
Proposed closure of Lionhead Studios in the UK. Additionally, we will close Press Play Studios in Denmark, and sunset development on Project Knoxville.
Worrying indeed.

Azzanation said:
The word exclusive is incredibly overrated. If 1st party exclusives mean so much to what many fans claim then why is the WiiU, the console with the highest reviewed 1st party games the least selling? Because of the 3rd party multiplats. The top 4 selling games on XB1 and PS4 are 3rd party games. Fifa, COD, GTA and many others. You can have a console with 1000s exclusives but if there bad games then it doesn't make a difference. If you supply a good product with access to good multiplats then your product will sell. You don't need 1st party games. There just bonuses.

Why is that the brand, xbox which has the least amount of exclusives every gen hasn't been the market leader ever? Before you reply with this likely rebuttal, nintendo's exclusives canter to a specific portion of gamers and attracts mainly them to the consoles. Anyway, the problem with third party games in general is that they can be bought and played on the competitions' hardware. So what makes a person pick one console over the other?

Exclusives make a console distinctive from the competition and people buy console to play games.

What would happen if the xbox consoles didn't have their exclusives? The consoles would sell worse than they did. 

Just in that other thread about what reasons do people have to buy an xbox one. The main two answers to it were halo and exclusives. Try to downplay the role of exclusives some more, please. 

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/07/microsoft-studios-changes-uk-denmark/

sigh*

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

I see this 'exclusives don't sell consoles' everywhere and then I look at how many people preorder exclusive bundles and wonder why people think this. Exclusives are the ONLY reason to own one console over another. People will buy a PS4 because of UC4, people will buy a PS4 because of The Last Guardian and people will buy a PS4 for GT. It's a nonsense argument that's proved wrong over and over again.

Exclusives are not the only reason to own one console over another. Where you getting this from? 

EDIT: Nevermind it's been discussed. Ignore GribbleGrunger. 

barneystinson69 said:
Random_Matt said:

Multi plats sell consoles, exclusives are secondary.

I can second that. But I already stated this in my post, Microsoft had no 3rd party marketing during the holiday season. PS4 had SW and COD.

And exclusives do matter. Even if not by nearly as much, the PS3 was supported by exclsuives when 3rd parties where either abandoning it, or making crappy ports. 

MS had Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 marketing. You were corrected on this awhile back but you keep saying it. 

TheSting said:
barneystinson69 said:

I can second that. But I already stated this in my post, Microsoft had no 3rd party marketing during the holiday season. PS4 had SW and COD.

And exclusives do matter. Even if not by nearly as much, the PS3 was supported by exclsuives when 3rd parties where either abandoning it, or making crappy ports. 

MS had Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 marketing. You were corrected on this awhile back but you keep saying it. 

Fallout 4 killed ROTR, and Fallout 4 barely had any advertising. But I stand corrected nonetheless.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Nah, I'm all for it. MS are going to be extremely successful after the XBO is done. That PC-console hybrid platform is going to work wonders for them.

Aeolus451 said:
Azzanation said:
The word exclusive is incredibly overrated. If 1st party exclusives mean so much to what many fans claim then why is the WiiU, the console with the highest reviewed 1st party games the least selling? Because of the 3rd party multiplats. The top 4 selling games on XB1 and PS4 are 3rd party games. Fifa, COD, GTA and many others. You can have a console with 1000s exclusives but if there bad games then it doesn't make a difference. If you supply a good product with access to good multiplats then your product will sell. You don't need 1st party games. There just bonuses.

Why is that the brand, xbox which has the least amount of exclusives every gen hasn't been the market leader ever? Before you reply with this likely rebuttal, nintendo's exclusives canter to a specific portion of gamers and attracts mainly them to the consoles. Anyway, the problem with third party games in general is that they can be bought and played on the competitions' hardware. So what makes a person pick one console over the other?

Exclusives make a console distinctive from the competition and people buy console to play games.

What would happen if the xbox consoles didn't have their exclusives? The consoles would sell worse than they did. 

Just in that other thread about what reasons do people have to buy an xbox one. The main two answers to it were halo and exclusives. Try to downplay the role of exclusives some more, please. 

There is no need to downpaly anything because the proof is right in your face. WiiU has the most exclusives and is the least selling. PS4 has the most 3rd party games and is the highest seller. There is only 1 PS4 exclusve in the top 10 selling games on it. Where are those 10+ million sellers for the PS4 or XB1? Where are those who buy a PS4 buying those 1st party games? Thats right there isnt many. My facts are based off charts, yours arent. Go ahead and look them up, suprise yourself.

The XB1 and PS4 will continue to sell because they have strong 3rd party support and many gamers want a console to game on. Why is the XB1 the 2nd best selling console this gen outselling a console with the best 1st party support?