By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm worried for the future Xbox...

Are you worried about the future of Xbox?

Yes. Their vision is bein... 320 68.52%

No. Phil knows what he's doing. 73 15.63%

PHIL IS A GOD! PRAISE UPO... 19 4.07%

Console peasants just mak... 55 11.78%

Total:467
GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So you agree, a vast majority of people do not buy consoles for exclusives. If you want to talk about what a small amount of people might buy consoles for then that's fine but it doesn't change the absolute, undesputable fact that most people don't buy consoles for exclusives.

You agree. Let's move on and stop this percentage nonsense. The question is 'do exclusives sell consoles?' not 'do multiplats sell more consoles than exclusives.' The spike in PS4 sales when UC4 releases will likely be completely coincidental ...

No friend, the question is whether multiplats sell more consoles than exclusives. Perhaps you should read the conversation that was happening in the thread?

Or did you really just come in to point out that some people may also buy consoles for exclusives? Because that's not what was being discussed. In fact, they even said exclusives are secondary. Which you are admitting is true.

So since you agree with us, I'm not sure why you're arguing about it.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

No friend, the question is whether multiplats sell more consoles than exclusives. Perhaps you should read the conversation that was happening in the thread?

Or did you really just come in to point out that some people may also buy consoles for exclusives? Because that's not what was being discussed. In fact, they even said exclusives are secondary. Which you are admitting is true.

Why did you buy an XB1? Was it for COD, GTA, Destiny or Assassins Creed?

The PS5 Exists. 

Random_Matt said:
SvennoJ said:
I already got very hesitant when they made XBox look like a tablet with the metro UI. Now it runs Windows 10. Exactly what I want, my console to look and behave like my work laptop, not.

I'm worried about this UWP stuff. It's great for mail and spreadsheets etc, yet games have no business with it.
This idea that AAA games can run on phones, tablets, pc and consoles is ludicrous. Totally different control schemes and experiences. Or is it just to start selling mobile games on console.

Anyway XBox is a console no longer. It's the living room PC MS always wanted. It's almost there.

If you get to play a game, who cares.

If I have the choice between a game tailor made for a specific piece of hardware and control scheme and a game that has comprimises all over to be a decent experience on a family of devices, I choose the former.

GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Because I was tired of last gen. My collection on PS4 and Xbone are both mostly multiplats :)

However, what I did is irrelevant to what the majority does. People in this thread are simply saying multiplat games sell more hardware than exclusives. You agree, so we can just drop it.

DEAD_ORIGINAL said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Do you mean you can't use custom soundtracks on the X1? Or is it limited to Xbox music or whatever Zune is rebranded to this week.

Right back in the day im robbing someone in Skyrim i can listen to Eminem Lose Yourself, i pressed the xbox button mini dashboard comes up play music bam. Even the original Xbox u could play music in most games.

Yeah I know it well, I have the X360s media remote for it so you can skip tracks without having to press the Xbox button at all or go into the menu it's really handy, can pick um up in most pre owned game stores now for around €1 lol, but I just wasn't aware that feature was removed with the X1, I've found myself using the PS4 controller with a set of headphones attached listening to music while walking around the house and making dinner here a few times lol, it's a great little mp3 player.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I did buy X1 partly for exclusives, but many of my X1 friends bought it to play multiplats with rest of us. Also, only one of my PS4 gaming friends play exclusives, other bought it for NHL and Fifa etc simply because of the brand is so strong here. There you go, your argument exclusives are the only reason to own one console over another is simply false. Also, I don't see anyone on this thread saying exclusives don't sell consoles..

KiigelHeart said:

I did buy X1 partly for exclusives, but many of my X1 friends bought it to play multiplats with rest of us. Also, only one of my PS4 gaming friends play exclusives, other bought it for NHL and Fifa etc simply because of the brand is so strong here. There you go, your argument exclusives are the only reason to own one console over another is simply false. Also, I don't see anyone on this thread saying exclusives don't sell consoles..

I haven't said that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Ganoncrotch said:
DEAD_ORIGINAL said:

Right back in the day im robbing someone in Skyrim i can listen to Eminem Lose Yourself, i pressed the xbox button mini dashboard comes up play music bam. Even the original Xbox u could play music in most games.

Yeah I know it well, I have the X360s media remote for it so you can skip tracks without having to press the Xbox button at all or go into the menu it's really handy, can pick um up in most pre owned game stores now for around €1 lol, but I just wasn't aware that feature was removed with the X1, I've found myself using the PS4 controller with a set of headphones attached listening to music while walking around the house and making dinner here a few times lol, it's a great little mp3 player.

That remote man i wished i had that. PS4 is great at music i prefered the original music player as the new one suspends the game and takes longer.

GribbleGrunger said:
KiigelHeart said:

I haven't said that.

Uh.. yes you did.

GribbleGrunger said:

I see this 'exclusives don't sell consoles' everywhere and then I look at how many people preorder exclusive bundles and wonder why people think this. Exclusives are the ONLY reason to own one console over another. People will buy a PS4 because of UC4, people will buy a PS4 because of The Last Guardian and people will buy a PS4 for GT. It's a nonsense argument that's proved wrong over and over again.

GribbleGrunger said:

I see this 'exclusives don't sell consoles' everywhere and then I look at how many people preorder exclusive bundles and wonder why people think this. Exclusives are the ONLY reason to own one console over another. People will buy a PS4 because of UC4, people will buy a PS4 because of The Last Guardian and people will buy a PS4 for GT. It's a nonsense argument that's proved wrong over and over again.

Second sentence there? Or am I drunk or something 😋