By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There's already a petition to cancel Paper Mario Colour Splash

jigokutamago said:
Azuren said:
I don't know anything about this game. Someone elaborate the problem?

It's like if you ordered pizza but then you're all like "this looks like the shitty pizza I ate last week not the super delicious ultimate very good pizza I ate two months ago" but you don't know what the pizza actually tastes until it gets here like but you still want to cancel your order but the pizza guy is already on his way and so you cry.

I love this analogy. XD

Around the Network

I wouldn't call myself a big Paper Mario fan, since I've only played the N64 game (and didn't even finish that), but I thought this game looked pretty fun. Had a bit of Sunshine vibe to me, and environmental interactions looked cool.

Even if I wasn't interested though...it's a more than a little disappointing to see stuff like this pop up. Protest with your wallet...like everyone else. Petitioning to have a game that's already in development be cancelled because it isn't to your taste? I'm sure glad I'm not a developer.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Rain2 said:

Sticker Star sold over 2 Million despite the Internet rage...yeah, good luck with getting this cancelled

This will do fine & Nintendo knows this

Plus, it looks great and you all will deal

The first one only did fine because it's problems are not blatantly apparent to the casual and we hardcore were blinded by the return to turn based glory. By the time people realized how terrible the game was the reviews and sales were already made. That wont happen again now that we know.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Rain2 said:

Sticker Star sold over 2 Million despite the Internet rage...yeah, good luck with getting this cancelled

This will do fine & Nintendo knows this

Plus, it looks great and you all will deal

The first one only did fine because it's problems are not blatantly apparent to the casual and we hardcore were blinded by the return to turn based glory. By the time people realized how terrible the game was the reviews and sales were already made. That wont happen again now that we know.

According to the VGChartz database it continued selling quite well even after the first christmas.

Year - Total

2012 - 486,467

2013 - 830,392

2014 - 965,487

2015 - 1,019,748

2016 - 1,022,029

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70588/paper-mario-sticker-star/USA/

Of course there is. When have people on the Internet ever been reasonable or demonstrated a sense of perspective? Especially gamers.

Around the Network

I really hate Nintendo "fans" sometimes. What is the point? probably kids being fed with what want their entire life. Jesus

Oh FFS. Really?
Look, I agree that it was stupid of Nintendo to take the next game in the same direction as Sticker Star and completely ignoring the large negativity that game was met with by the fans. And I believe that those fans reactions and complaints are not only understandable, but justified... But this is going too far.
Just don't buy the game, it's that simple. And for the people who liked what they saw and are looking forward to it, they should be able to buy it. That simple.

If you're going to make a petition, make one to get the game you want made. Trying to get something cancelled is just stupid.

There's no point to this since Nintendo is not interested in making traditional Paper Mario games anymore.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

baloofarsan said:

According to the VGChartz database it continued selling quite well even after the first christmas.

Year - Total

2012 - 486,467

2013 - 830,392

2014 - 965,487

2015 - 1,019,748

2016 - 1,022,029

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70588/paper-mario-sticker-star/USA/

The reviews were already made so even if word of mouth about how bad it was spread immediately (it didn't from what I remember), it'd be really hard to believe them until you played the game yourself, which means contributing to the sales first. Regardless of all that, my main point stands, we aren't falling for it again. To prove as much this petition and the amount of dislikes on the trailer certainly didn't happen when Sticker Star was unveiled.