By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There's already a petition to cancel Paper Mario Colour Splash

CWegzz said:
DevilRising said:

No offense, I'm legitimately interested......

Why and how is this game an "insult"? We've barely seen any footage of it, or gotten much if any info on it. From what I could tell, it certainly looked like a traditional rpg Paper Mario. I personally wanted another Super Paper Mario game, because I loved the fusion of platformer and rpg elements. Was that game an "insult" too? I'm just curious.

Personally, I think the "repainting the world" mechanic is, if nothing else, interesting. And like I said, outside of that one gimmick, we have no idea what the game as a whole is going to be like.

I was mostly just exaggerating because when I typed this I was still salty from the announcement.  I was hoping for a real traditional Paper Mario when all those rumors of a Wii U Paper Mario were coming out and this announcement really bummed me out.  

You said this looked like a traditional Paper Mario game, but I would disagree.  It's seems to be just like sticker star.  There's no badge system and no partners, which are in my opinion, the best part of traditional Paper Mario games.  The game also appears to have the same battle system as Sticker Star with cards as the replacement for stickers.  It's also pretty much confirmed that there is no level up system in this game and I'm assuming that the way that you get more HP will be the sam way that you do in Sticker Star, by collecting +5 HP hearts in certain levels.  So with this, you could easily just skip over every single enemy and not have any trouble with the game.  There's also going to be a world map where you just play through levels instead of a large connected world like the first two games.  Also, in this game From what's been shown the games going to be full of generic toads and now new original characters, apart from the paint bucket, although I guess this may not be entirely true and we will need to wait until the games comes out.  

I personally love Super Paper Mario so I do not think it is an insult, but I do think Sticker Star is an insult of a game.  If this game manages to be a good game that isn't like a traditional Paper Mario like Super Paper Mario managed to be, then my opinion of it will change, but the game seems way to similar to Sticker Star for that to even be possible.

I know this seems like I'm complaining about the game too much before it is even out, but that's mostly becauase of how much I love old Paper Mario games, with The Thousand Year Door being my personal favorite game of all time, while Sticker Star is one of the worst games I have ever played.  I know it's still very early, but this game seems way too much like Sticker Star to be any good, but of course I can always be wrong, which I really hope.

There appears to be one major difference between sticker stars battle system and that of color splash. Color splash appears to give you ressources (paint) for defeating an enemy - and it does not seem to take away the cards used.

This is important, as approaching enemies is encouraged with this system.

It is to be seen if this has a major positive impact on the quality of the game.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

The attach rates for the Paper Mario games speak for themselves. The original has a low attach rate because it came out when the N64 was deader than dead.

Paper Mario 64- 4.160%

Paper Mario TTYD- 8.785%

Super Paper Mario- 4.165%

Paper Mario Sticker Star- 4.103%

EDIT: I should also add that TTYD sold those almost 2 million copies in roughly 1-1.5 years since it came out in late 2004 when the GC was already starting to run out of energy. It would have sold even better if it came out in 2002/2003! Just imagine how well would a legit Paper Mario game sell on the NX! I guess Ninty simply hates money.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

The attach rates for the Paper Mario games speak for themselves. The original has a low attach rate because it came out when the N64 was deader than dead.

Paper Mario 64- 4.160%

Paper Mario TTYD- 8.785%

EDIT: I should also add that TTYD sold those almost 2 million copies in roughly 1-1.5 years since it came out in late 2004 when the GC was already starting to run out of energy. It would have sold even better if it came out in 2002/2003! Just imagine how well would a legit Paper Mario game sell on the NX! I guess Ninty simply hates money.

At this time, Nintendo is run by monkeys. Don't be surprised by their lack of skills in management. Maybe, mayyyyybe, this lack of quality titles are because the terrible gen saleswise, but if NX sells good we will get ambitious games again.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
AZWification said:

Paper Mario 64- 4.160%

Paper Mario TTYD- 8.785%

At this time, Nintendo is run by monkeys. Don't be surprised by their lack of skills in management. Maybe, mayyyyybe, this lack of quality titles are because the terrible gen saleswise, but if NX sells good we will get ambitious games again.

Hopefully! One thing I don't understand. Nintendo seems to listen to fan feedback only when they feel like doing that. People complained about Skyward Sword being linear so they make Zelda U open-world. People complain about Brawl being slower than Melee so they increase the speed for Smash 4. However, Sticker Star gets a lot of backlash and they don't do a damn thing about it.

AZWification said:
Pavolink said:

Hopefully! One thing I don't understand. Nintendo seems to listen to fan feedback only when they feel like doing that. People complained about Skyward Sword being linear so they make Zelda U open-world. People complain about Brawl being slower than Melee so they increase the speed for Smash 4. However, Sticker Star gets a lot of backlash and they don't do a damn thing about it.

Well, there's an analysis made by GameXplain and apparently they have been changing some mistakes made in SS. Of course the core game is still SS, but maybe this backslash will be enough loud for them to listen and try to fix even more.

Around the Network

There was a massive petition to get Wind Waker cancelled too, you see how that worked out...

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Pavolink said:
AZWification said:

Well, there's an analysis made by GameXplain and apparently they have been changing some mistakes made in SS. Of course the core game is still SS, but maybe this backslash will be enough loud for them to listen and try to fix even more.

You know, I would be kinda Ok with Color Splash's gameplay being based off Sticker Star if the former actually had interesting characters and locations! I don't know why anyone would be OK with having only god damn Toads as the NPCs!

AZWification said:
Pavolink said:

You know, I would be kinda Ok with Color Splash's gameplay being based off Sticker Star if the former actually had interesting characters and locations! I don't know why anyone would be OK with having only god damn Toads as the NPCs!

Toad has been my main MK character, and even I'm not ok with that. At least TTYD has personalities written for every one of them.

Pavolink said:
AZWification said:

Toad has been my main MK character, and even I'm not ok with that. At least TTYD has personalities written for every one of them.

I've also yet to find a Sticker Star defender who has given me a legit reason that the series is better off without original characters! Yup.