By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There's already a petition to cancel Paper Mario Colour Splash

Rain2 said:

Maybe Sticker Star did fine because people actually liked it? Shocking I know. I believe people should start judging a game based on what it is & not what it isn't. Sticker Star was great, as were the other 3 games in the series. 

Ultra Smash & amiibo Festival might not be the best games around and are certainly lacking a bit but if you know what you're getting into, they are actually pretty fun. 

As for the sales? Yeah, it will sell fine regardless & easily surpass Ultra & Festival

Yep that's why it's getting so much hate right now, lolz...

I have been judging it on what it is. The previous Paper Marios could not exist and this would still be a trash game, same with Sticker Star, since that's what this game is.

I know I'd be getting into the garbage. Some can have fun there, but not me!

I'd bet with you on that.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Or maybe it sold well because many were fooled?

Sadly I'm one of the fools. I even bought it digitally so I can't sell it or smash it to pieces with a sledgehammer.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

Sadly I'm one of the fools. I even bought it digitally so I can't sell it or smash it to pieces with a sledgehammer.

I don't blame you. It was the first time and nobody could known how was the game going to be. Now it's other story. The trailer is basically SS 2.0 and anyone saying otherwise is just in denial.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Why are people so stupid?

Pavolink said:

People need to realize that the Internet / really hard core fanbase, isn't everyone. If it was, Metroid would sell a crap ton. It got a 75 on Metacritic, and here are some user reviews...

http://smile.amazon.com/Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star-Nintendo-3DS/product-reviews/B0053BCMAC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_srt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1 Amazon gives it a 4.2 & 79% (nearly 8 out of 10 people) give it a 4 or higher.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star-Nintendo-3DS/21610037 Walmart reviews give it a 4.7 & 97% recommend it to a friend. Casuals enjoyed it.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/paper-mario-sticker-star/89905 GameStop reviews more reflect the core players. They give it a 7 & 60% would recommend it. Not nearly as good as Amazon or Walmart but still, more than half those players enjoyed it. 

Einsam_Delphin said:

Yep that's why it's getting so much hate right now, lolz...

I have been judging it on what it is. The previous Paper Marios could not exist and this would still be a trash game, same with Sticker Star, since that's what this game is.

I know I'd be getting into the garbage. Some can have fun there, but not me!

I'd bet with you on that.

-A lot of things on the Internet get hate

-I respect your opinion but obviously disagree as I liked Sticker Star

-That's fair

-I'll take the bet, it will sell over 1 Million lifetime

Pavolink said:

I don't blame you. It was the first time and nobody could known how was the game going to be. Now it's other story. The trailer is basically SS 2.0 and anyone saying otherwise is just in denial.

I know you aren't referring to me directly but just wanted to say that I agree. It does look to be similar to Sticker Star with an added twist. I just disagree that that's automatically a bad thing

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I gave Sticker star a chance too.  I thought "Hey its paper mario, I should give it a try".

Im not doing that for Colour Splash.

Rain2 said:
Pavolink said:

People need to realize that the Internet / really hard core fanbase, isn't everyone. If it was, Metroid would sell a crap ton. It got a 75 on Metacritic, and here are some user reviews...

http://smile.amazon.com/Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star-Nintendo-3DS/product-reviews/B0053BCMAC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_srt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1 Amazon gives it a 4.2 & 79% (nearly 8 out of 10 people) give it a 4 or higher.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star-Nintendo-3DS/21610037 Walmart reviews give it a 4.7 & 97% recommend it to a friend. Casuals enjoyed it.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/paper-mario-sticker-star/89905 GameStop reviews more reflect the core players. They give it a 7 & 60% would recommend it. Not nearly as good as Amazon or Walmart but still, more than half those players enjoyed it. 

Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

This is the sad part... aparently Im the minority that disliked Sticker Star.

Even if I vote with my wallet, hopeing they make a new Paper Mario like TTYD, chances are they wont, if everyone just buys these sticker star games.

JRPGfan said:

This is the sad part... aparently Im the minority that disliked Sticker Star.

Even if I vote with my wallet, hopeing they make a new Paper Mario like TTYD, chances are they wont, if everyone just buys these sticker star games.

Its not just about voting with your wallet. Why buy a game you dont think youll enjoy? Because many others are buying it? Doesnt make any sense to me...

They need to stop with the paper stuff and just do a real Mario RPG, or a proper RPG/Platformer Mario game. I liked Super Paper Mario, but I dislike the paper gimmick.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'm just happy that the Wii U is going out gracefully in 2016. This year could have really been a wasteland.

Twilight Princess HD, Pokken Tournament, Mario and Friends (FREE), Star Fox Zero, Lost Reavers (FREE), TMS #Fire Emblem, and Paper Mario: Color Splash all by summer time? Not too shabby.

Plus, there are titles like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (if that's your sort of thing) mixed in there as well.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7