By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There's already a petition to cancel Paper Mario Colour Splash

Stuff like this never works but I cant help but think it sends a good message. Federation force and colour splash aren't going anywhere but I think Nintendo will remember that time the fans went far enough to start a petition to get game cancelled when they make the next metroid and paper Mario

Around the Network
Rain2 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

You're on!

Don't cry when you're wrong chump

Einsam_Delphin said:

I don't really care, just being able to say I was right is enough for me!

Yeah, I like you as a user, don't care to actually get anything out of it. However, I'd agree to any terms if you wanted some

Oh come on, at least bet that the loser has to include in their sig "Rain2/Einsam was right and I was wrong about Colour Splash selling/not selling 1 million" for a month or something. :P

Its funny how people think they have to power to cancel a game.

This is the dilemma for Nintendo. Churn out the same game over and of over and they get crit for being safe and lazy. Attempt to innovate by experimenting with core mechanics and they get crit for releasing something that's not exactly the same as past games. The Paper Mario franchise has always been experimental though, so fans should give it a chance.

curl-6 said:

Oh come on, at least bet that the loser has to include in their sig "Rain2/Einsam was right and I was wrong about Colour Splash selling/not selling 1 million" for a month or something. :P

I'm down if he's down for it I suppose

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network

The sad truth about pretty much any "fandom", is that I have found "fans" of every single thing I like, be it sports, be it wrestling, be it movies, or music, or gaming, comics, etc. etc. etc., there are the whiny, the entitled, the blind loyal fans, the trolls, the outright assholes, you name it. Modern fandom, in the internet age, has transformed from what once used to mostly be a bunch of people who all enjoyed and celebrate their love of the same thing, to being this really ugly and splintered....................whatever you want to call it.

Paper Mario fans remind me of Smash Bros. Melee fans, in all honesty. They won't accept anything if it isn't basically a remake of Melee/TTYD, and shit on everything else. Me personally? I wanted another Super Paper Mario game, because it was a blast. But I'm not going to cry that this new one isn't that. It's still, by all accounts, an a rpg, and you know, if they don't like it, they don't have to fuckin' buy it.

But just on a surface, adult human being kind of level, you really do have to laugh at just how entitled and hilarious it comes off, for a bunch of grown men (and some women) to be throwing what fundamentally equates to temper tantrums, over two gaming franchises that are super cute, cuddly, and cartoony as they come. It's like Brony outrage. Paper Mario and Smash are both great franchises. But people really need to find better things to do than be mad over shit like that.

CWegzz said:
This game is an insult and I almost for sure won't be buying it, but starting a petition to cancel a game is just stupid and will get nowhere. Just don't buy the game. Simple as that.

No offense, I'm legitimately interested......

Why and how is this game an "insult"? We've barely seen any footage of it, or gotten much if any info on it. From what I could tell, it certainly looked like a traditional rpg Paper Mario. I personally wanted another Super Paper Mario game, because I loved the fusion of platformer and rpg elements. Was that game an "insult" too? I'm just curious.

Personally, I think the "repainting the world" mechanic is, if nothing else, interesting. And like I said, outside of that one gimmick, we have no idea what the game as a whole is going to be like.

hershel_layton said:
How about we shut up and stop complaining?

Seriously, people nitpick at almost everything.

Don't like Amiibos? Guess what? They're useless, only used for neat add ons.

Hate the game? Then don't buy it. Simple as that. We don't care if you're going to protest it with your other buddies. We have better issues to focus on

How about you ignore them?  Just because you want to march in lock step with your fuhrer doesn't mean others have to "shut up and take it."  

If one petititon you don't agree with is swaying your focus, whatever you were focused on must not be that important.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

DevilRising said:
CWegzz said:
This game is an insult and I almost for sure won't be buying it, but starting a petition to cancel a game is just stupid and will get nowhere. Just don't buy the game. Simple as that.

No offense, I'm legitimately interested......

Why and how is this game an "insult"? We've barely seen any footage of it, or gotten much if any info on it. From what I could tell, it certainly looked like a traditional rpg Paper Mario. I personally wanted another Super Paper Mario game, because I loved the fusion of platformer and rpg elements. Was that game an "insult" too? I'm just curious.

Personally, I think the "repainting the world" mechanic is, if nothing else, interesting. And like I said, outside of that one gimmick, we have no idea what the game as a whole is going to be like.

I was mostly just exaggerating because when I typed this I was still salty from the announcement.  I was hoping for a real traditional Paper Mario when all those rumors of a Wii U Paper Mario were coming out and this announcement really bummed me out.  

You said this looked like a traditional Paper Mario game, but I would disagree.  It's seems to be just like sticker star.  There's no badge system and no partners, which are in my opinion, the best part of traditional Paper Mario games.  The game also appears to have the same battle system as Sticker Star with cards as the replacement for stickers.  It's also pretty much confirmed that there is no level up system in this game and I'm assuming that the way that you get more HP will be the sam way that you do in Sticker Star, by collecting +5 HP hearts in certain levels.  So with this, you could easily just skip over every single enemy and not have any trouble with the game.  There's also going to be a world map where you just play through levels instead of a large connected world like the first two games.  Also, in this game From what's been shown the games going to be full of generic toads and now new original characters, apart from the paint bucket, although I guess this may not be entirely true and we will need to wait until the games comes out.  

I personally love Super Paper Mario so I do not think it is an insult, but I do think Sticker Star is an insult of a game.  If this game manages to be a good game that isn't like a traditional Paper Mario like Super Paper Mario managed to be, then my opinion of it will change, but the game seems way to similar to Sticker Star for that to even be possible.

I know this seems like I'm complaining about the game too much before it is even out, but that's mostly becauase of how much I love old Paper Mario games, with The Thousand Year Door being my personal favorite game of all time, while Sticker Star is one of the worst games I have ever played.  I know it's still very early, but this game seems way too much like Sticker Star to be any good, but of course I can always be wrong, which I really hope.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

IkePoR said:
hershel_layton said:
How about we shut up and stop complaining?

Seriously, people nitpick at almost everything.

Don't like Amiibos? Guess what? They're useless, only used for neat add ons.

Hate the game? Then don't buy it. Simple as that. We don't care if you're going to protest it with your other buddies. We have better issues to focus on

How about you ignore them?  Just because you want to march in lock step with your fuhrer doesn't mean others have to "shut up and take it."  

If one petititon you don't agree with is swaying your focus, whatever you were focused on must not be that important.

I do ignore them. I play the games I like and avoid the ones I don't.

Also, a petition made to cancel a game? It's easier to just let the people who are excited for it to play the game.

Not everyone is going to be satisfied with a game. Have to accept it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.