By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Metriod Til Atleast 2019 Seriously Nintendo?

Mike321 said:
Nintendo doesn't care about the franchise and it's fans anymore.

Much as I love the Metroid series, it never really had a consistently strong fanbase, and what fanbase it did had was overwhelmingly American.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
Mike321 said:
Nintendo doesn't care about the franchise and it's fans anymore.

Much as I love the Metroid series, it never really had a consistently strong fanbase, and what fanbase it did had was overwhelmingly American.

I agree with that, however nintedo could have treated their fanbase better by not putting the name "metroid prime" on a game with some chibi looking robots that play soccer. The best thing they can do for their fanbase at this point is not disrespect the franchise anymore.

Mike321 said:
SanAndreasX said:

I agree with that, however nintedo could have treated their fanbase better by not putting the name "metroid prime" on a game with some chibi looking robots that play soccer. The best thing they can do for their fanbase at this point is not disrespect the franchise anymore.

Oh, I agree that Federation Force was a bad idea. It's just too bad it never did well enough to merit regular sequels. For my part, I was disappointed that the series skipped the N64, and I'd hoped that Prime would permanently revive the series.

SanAndreasX said:

Oh, I agree that Federation Force was a bad idea. It's just too bad it never did well enough to merit regular sequels. For my part, I was disappointed that the series skipped the N64, and I'd hoped that Prime would permanently revive the series.

And it did, kinda, because while the sales where nothing amazing the franchise made an amazing, unexpected comeback and it made a name for itself, then other m came out and well that's when everything went wrong.

I would give all my money just to be in the same room with Reggie Nintendo director went he saw Federation Force in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg

Reggie:
Omg yes this is what the fan want,Metroid Soccer The game got a go and will have a spot on stage a E3.

Seriously...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Hmm, that reminds me, is Federation Force even alive anymore?

Good question; unless I missed something, they've been in complete radio silence over it since E3.

Not gonna lie, I'd feel a perverse sense of satisfaction if it was canned.

I actually want to play federation force because it looks fun. The thing is that due to the bad rep there might not be anyone online to play with.

curl-6 said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Hmm, that reminds me, is Federation Force even alive anymore?

Good question; unless I missed something, they've been in complete radio silence over it since E3.

Not gonna lie, I'd feel a perverse sense of satisfaction if it was canned.

Too bad it's not. 

I have disliked every Metroid game I've played, clearly not a fan. I personally wouldn't care if Metroid never returned.

However, I know how it feels when an IP you like gets abandoned. I had to wait nearly a decade for new Pikmin.

So, hopefully, it's revealed at E3 for those who care

[] [] [] {} [] 

Mike321 said:
SanAndreasX said:

And it did, kinda, because while the sales where nothing amazing the franchise made an amazing, unexpected comeback and it made a name for itself, then other m came out and well that's when everything went wrong.

Yeah, from 2002 to 2010 we got four console Metroids, plus Hunters on DS. Prime did revive the series; then eight years later Other M stabbed it in the heart and urinated on its corpse. :(

curl-6 said:
Mike321 said:

Yeah, from 2002 to 2010 we got four console Metroids, plus Hunters on DS. Prime did revive the series; then eight years later Other M stabbed it in the heart and urinated on its corpse. :(

And now federation force is going to finish what other m started