By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Metriod Til Atleast 2019 Seriously Nintendo?

Johnw1104 said:

I think people are too hard on nintendo... Developing games takes much longer than it used to, is much more expensive, and people expect them to churn out a mario game or two, a mario kart, a super smash, probably a Splatoon now and a zelda title each console while also wanting new installments from other franchises like Pikmin, Kirby, Metroid, Yoshi, Star Fox, Mario Party, f-zero, donkey kong etc, while also calling for new IP's to be introduced. Meanwhile, they're also trying to churn out enough games for their handheld simultaneously... This may have been possible in the 16 bit era but it's asking a darn lot today.

If their current workforce is insufficient, then they need to expand. The current game droughts are not acceptable.

Around the Network

Honestly, I don't know. But it wouldn't surprise me. Nintendo is seriously a big dissapointment this gen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Metroid Prime isn't the only branch of the Metroid series.

curl-6 said:
Johnw1104 said:

I think people are too hard on nintendo... Developing games takes much longer than it used to, is much more expensive, and people expect them to churn out a mario game or two, a mario kart, a super smash, probably a Splatoon now and a zelda title each console while also wanting new installments from other franchises like Pikmin, Kirby, Metroid, Yoshi, Star Fox, Mario Party, f-zero, donkey kong etc, while also calling for new IP's to be introduced. Meanwhile, they're also trying to churn out enough games for their handheld simultaneously... This may have been possible in the 16 bit era but it's asking a darn lot today.

If their current workforce is insufficient, then they need to expand. The current game droughts are not acceptable.

Expansion is not that easy. It has to be reasonable for costs sake. Going from 5000 employees to even a reasonable 6000 does not happen right away. Even now they're still hiring, which is pretty amazing as other companies have done the opposite these days, as Bill Trinen and others have promoted the Twitter page that shows what jobs are available right now at Nintendo (or at least in America). I think they made a good move combining their handheld and home console divisions to create better communication with each developer. 

Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

Expansion is not that easy. It has to be reasonable for costs sake. Going from 5000 employees to even a reasonable 6000 does not happen right away. Even now they're still hiring, which is pretty amazing as other companies have done the opposite these days, as Bill Trinen and others have promoted the Twitter page that shows what jobs are available right now at Nintendo (or at least in America). I think they made a good move combining their handheld and home console divisions to create better communication with each developer. 

Merging their divisions is indeed a good move, and if NX really is a unified platform, that will be even better.

But still, they should have anticipated the demands of HD development and prepared accordingly. They saw other companies go through it back in 2005-2007, they should not have been caught off guard as they were.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Let Retro do a new IP, whatever they want. They deserve it, and it would be a new addition to the Nintendo's family.

Yes let Retro make a new ip but that doesn't stop another studio from making Metroid prime. 

jason1637 said:

So i was thinking g about the future of the Metriod series after Federation Force and remembered this.

"If we started for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo's NX console,"

The Metroid Prime creator said there was no game in development. He also said it would take three years to complete one. We know Retro is working on a game since 2014 and since this was said in 2015 its not Metroid Prime. So unless they started development on a Prime game last year then the next game in the series is launching in at least 2018. Are you serious Nintendo? The last Prime game launched in 2009 that's almost 10 years, and its not like the series sells bad since the game sin the series has sold over 1 million units. This is unacceptable from Nintendo.

The last prime game launched in 2007 not 2009, the same month as super mario galaxy. I remember it well, with those two games it was probably nintendo's best ever holiday line up it was for me anyway.

Metroid33slayer said:
jason1637 said:

So i was thinking g about the future of the Metriod series after Federation Force and remembered this.

"If we started for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo's NX console,"

The Metroid Prime creator said there was no game in development. He also said it would take three years to complete one. We know Retro is working on a game since 2014 and since this was said in 2015 its not Metroid Prime. So unless they started development on a Prime game last year then the next game in the series is launching in at least 2018. Are you serious Nintendo? The last Prime game launched in 2009 that's almost 10 years, and its not like the series sells bad since the game sin the series has sold over 1 million units. This is unacceptable from Nintendo.

The last prime game launched in 2007 not 2009, the same month as super mario galaxy. I remember it well, with those two games it was probably nintendo's best ever holiday line up it was for me anyway.

Metriod Prime Trilogy launched in 2009

Metroid33slayer said:

The last prime game launched in 2007 not 2009

Next year it'll be a decade since the last Metroid game that wasn't a travesty. Now that's a sobering thought.

jason1637 said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Metriod Prime Trilogy launched in 2009

That was a collection of the 3 earlier games. That doesn't count as a new prime game lol.