By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Metriod Til Atleast 2019 Seriously Nintendo?

Metroid33slayer said:
jason1637 said:

Metriod Prime Trilogy launched in 2009

That was a collection of the 3 earlier games. That doesn't count as a new prime game lol.

I said it was the last Prime game to launch never said it was a new game.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Metroid33slayer said:

That was a collection of the 3 earlier games. That doesn't count as a new prime game lol.

Compilations don't count as standalone games.

jason1637 said:
Metroid33slayer said:

It's not a game in it's own right its just a rerelease of old games. So if nintendo say released trilogy hd last year, would you say that we have only gone one year since the last prime game?

EDIT: Nintendo did actually release trilogy for wii u last year in the eshop. So by your logic we have only gone one year without a prime game.

Metroid33slayer said:
jason1637 said:

It's not a game in it's own right its just a rerelease of old games. So if nintendo say released trilogy hd last year, would you say that we have only gone one year since the last prime game?

If they released it last year yes i would have been a year since the last Prime game but not the newest game that develops the story etc. 

jason1637 said:
Metroid33slayer said:

If they released it last year yes i would have been a year since the last Prime game but not the newest game that develops the story etc. 

So theoretically Nintendo could just keep re-releasing old games via Virtual Console and that would qualify as the sustaining the series in your view?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
jason1637 said:

So theoretically Nintendo could just keep re-releasing old games via Virtual Console and that would qualify as the sustaining the series in your view?

No because its basically the older games being rereleased while for the trilogy the first two games were never available on the wii before so they would have to revamp some things like controls and a few other stuff.

Clyde32 said:
Metroid Prime isn't the only branch of the Metroid series.

I'm one of those people that want a metroid fusion sequel rather than another metroid prime

can we just get some indie company to do it? shovel knight took over for the classic castlevania, freedom planet took sonic's place, and hopefully mighty #9 can get here soon enough to bring the megaman magic back

jason1637 said:
curl-6 said:

No because its basically the older games being rereleased while for the trilogy the first two games were never available on the wii before so they would have to revamp some things like controls and a few other stuff.

Even with the updated controls, Trilogy was still a re-release of three games that were already out. That hardly counts as far as signifying the series being sustained, any more than God of War 3 getting a PS4 rerelease represent that series continuing in the current gen.

curl-6 said:

I'd rather they not make another DK or Metroid personally.

I'd like to see them try their hand at either an all-new IP, or a franchise that's been long dormant.

StarTropics!