By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Metriod Til Atleast 2019 Seriously Nintendo?

Metroid fans have it easy, try being a Suikoden or Legend of Dragoon fan 😂 😂

Around the Network

Whatever.

The one who said that there is no Metroid Prime on development (Tanabe) was the Metroid Prie producer. Who is not the same producer for the main numbered series (2D ones and Other M). Metroid V (a sequel to Fusion for example) for example could be on development and Tanabe would not know shit about the project. Not that I believe we'll get any other game besides Federation Force, I'm just clarifying that Metroid Prime ≠ Metroid as a whole and that we have a chance to get a new Metroid before the OP said.

BasilZero said:

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 2/something melt

Come at me bros.

If it can top the original TF, I would be ridiculously excited about this xD

I love Metroid, but I feel like people keep forgetting that it is a NICHE franchise. There's a reason Nintendo doesn't care that much about it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I'd rather they not make another DK or Metroid personally.

I'd like to see them try their hand at either an all-new IP, or a franchise that's been long dormant.

It unfortunaly happens, to a franchise be left for a while.I mean, look at Golden Sun.Its been what, 6 years since a new game has been announced?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Let Retro do a new IP, whatever they want. They deserve it, and it would be a new addition to the Nintendo's family.

jason1637 said:

So i was thinking g about the future of the Metriod series after Federation Force and remembered this.

"If we started for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo's NX console,"

The Metroid Prime creator said there was no game in development. He also said it would take three years to complete one. We know Retro is working on a game since 2014 and since this was said in 2015 its not Metroid Prime. So unless they started development on a Prime game last year then the next game in the series is launching in at least 2018. Are you serious Nintendo? The last Prime game launched in 2009 that's almost 10 years, and its not like the series sells bad since the game sin the series has sold over 1 million units. This is unacceptable from Nintendo.

I really wouldn't expect that they would said in interview they working on new Metroid Prime game, espacily saying something like we started to work on Metroid Prime for Wii U but we moved project to NX. So I relly think they started working on Metroid Prime for Wii U but they moved project to NX, so we could actually have new Metroid Prime game in 2017 or 2018. In any case I expecting some news at E3 about Metroid Prime, even that means only concept art.

I wouldn't mind a 2d version, probably wouldn't take as long to develop.

I think people are too hard on nintendo... Developing games takes much longer than it used to, is much more expensive, and people expect them to churn out a mario game or two, a mario kart, a super smash, probably a Splatoon now and a zelda title each console while also wanting new installments from other franchises like Pikmin, Kirby, Metroid, Yoshi, Star Fox, Mario Party, f-zero, donkey kong etc, while also calling for new IP's to be introduced. Meanwhile, they're also trying to churn out enough games for their handheld simultaneously... This may have been possible in the 16 bit era but it's asking a darn lot today.

Really, I think more than anything that might be what's pushing them to consider linking the two platforms, as there's simply no way they can please everyone with how long games take to develop when they're also splitting their library in two.

This is why I'm in favor of them porting a number of the Wii U games, such as the recent smash bros and mario maker, to the NX. Both games are superb, they'd be hard to top (Sakurai might work himself to death trying to get another one ready), and would free up resources to work on other games while helping their early Nx library. Really, as a wii u owner I'm not at all offended by the idea of them porting some of their games, a few of which went criminally under appreciated. The truth is I've gotten more than enough out of this console and, while I imagine the ps4 will eventually pass it, my library is pretty darn robust at this point.

Otherwise, they might also want to consider doing more collaborations like they did with the dynasty warriors boys for Hyrule Warriors. Might help ease the load a bit.