By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Metriod Til Atleast 2019 Seriously Nintendo?

curl-6 said:
Mike321 said:

And it did, kinda, because while the sales where nothing amazing the franchise made an amazing, unexpected comeback and it made a name for itself, then other m came out and well that's when everything went wrong.

Yeah, from 2002 to 2010 we got four console Metroids, plus Hunters on DS. Prime did revive the series; then eight years later Other M stabbed it in the heart and urinated on its corpse. :(

Maybe the story and character I guess (didn't really feel offended by it), but I think the gameplay was nice being different. Made Samus more of the superhuman she was depicted to be from what I've researched and all. My opinion though.

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, from 2002 to 2010 we got four console Metroids, plus Hunters on DS. Prime did revive the series; then eight years later Other M stabbed it in the heart and urinated on its corpse. :(

Maybe the story and character I guess (didn't really feel offended by it), but I think the gameplay was nice being different. Made Samus more of the superhuman she was depicted to be from what I've researched and all. My opinion though.

I thought the gameplay had as many problems as the story personally; annoying controls, (D-Pad movement in 3D, changing your grip) clunky camera, stupid health system, forced pixel-hunting and walking sections, etc.

Yeah, probably. I fully expect their next system to get a Metroid Prime, but that's probably only happening in 2 or 3 years like you said. I bet they've been experimenting with it behind the scenes tho, it's probably in pre-production for some time.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

curl-6 said:
Kai_Mao said:

I thought the gameplay had as many problems as the story personally; annoying controls, (D-Pad movement in 3D, changing your grip) clunky camera, stupid health system, forced pixel-hunting and walking sections, etc.

I think the game is flawed, but the negative stuff tends t oget overexaggerated. I get why since its a beloved franchise, but treating Other M like it is Superman 64 or Ride to Hell is annoying to me.

We'll get a Metroid game besides Federation Force when Nintendo is ready to reveal one, whether it be this year or 2 more years down the line. It has never left their minds as it has been mentioned in previous interviews. The producer of Prime just wants to focus on something he really wants to do (which is Federation Force), so I cannot really deny him that chance if it is HIM that wants to do it.

Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

I think the game is flawed, but the negative stuff tends t oget overexaggerated. I get why since its a beloved franchise, but treating Other M like it is Superman 64 or Ride to Hell is annoying to me.

It's no Superman 64, but it's definitely a bad game in my humble opinion.

Around the Network

Well, they could be making a Metroid game (other than Federation Force) but we may just not have heard about it :p
(unlikely but not impossible)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Dear Nintendo, please do exactly what I want, regardless of whether I'm a vocal minority or not.

That guy is responsible for metroid "prime", not metroid, wich isn't exclusive to retro studios anyway.

...how exactly did we come to the conclusion that there isn't a Metroid game being worked on at the moment, exactly? Not that I'm betting there is one, but I fail to see how Retro working on a game in 2014, and then something said in 2015, suddenly rules out the current development of any Metroid title at all (ignoring FF, obviously).

Looking at how much I loved a top down view Zelda on the 3DS, and considering I do like 2D Metroid more than 3D... a 2D modern Metroid would make me wet. What I mean is, I hope there's no more Metroid Prime.

2D Metroid also means it could come in less than 2 years

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988