By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Metriod Til Atleast 2019 Seriously Nintendo?

Mike321 said:
Clyde32 said:
Metroid Prime isn't the only branch of the Metroid series.

I'm one of those people that want a metroid fusion sequel rather than another metroid prime

well, 2d metroid does have established gameplay. 3d metroid still needs experimentation. Even though prime was ok, the first person perspective doesn't fit the franchise, so we need a better way to play 3d metroid. Other M 3rd person sections were a step in the right direction.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
Mike321 said:

I'm one of those people that want a metroid fusion sequel rather than another metroid prime

well, 2d metroid does have established gameplay. 3d metroid still needs experimentation. Even though prime was ok, the first person perspective doesn't fit the franchise, so we need a better way to play 3d metroid. Other M 3rd person sections were a step in the right direction.

Don't get me wrong I love the prime games they are my favorite of all time, the reason I want a fusion sequel is because I want nintendo to continue the story.

I want both to be continued. Metroid 5 definitely needs to happen. Perhaps they can both come out at the same time.

Clyde32 said:
I want both to be continued. Metroid 5 definitely needs to happen. Perhaps they can both come out at the same time.

But how would prime continue? It was all about phazon but that's already gone, unless they do something with the hunters of the DS game.

Mike321 said:
Clyde32 said:

But how would prime continue? It was all about phazon but that's already gone, unless they do something with the hunters of the DS game.

It would either be about the hunters(One of their ships was seen at the end of Prime 3), or some remnants of Phaaze. Retro said it's up to the fans whether or not Phazon returns

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Mike321 said:

It would either be about the hunters(One of their ships was seen at the end of Prime 3), or some remnants of Phaaze. Retro said it's up to the fans whether or not Phazon returns

Yeah I remember that last scene with sylux's ship, I would love a new prime game with the hunters because that's actually a really good concept that I couldn't enjoy because the controls of the DS kept me away from the game.

It wasn't just the controls that were bad about Hunters. Pretty much everything but the multiplayer was.

I'd rather the Prime series stay concluded. That's not to say another first person Metroid wouldn't be awesome, (in fact, I'll be controversial and declare that 1st person Metroid > 3rd person Metroid) but the story of Phazon and the being called Metroid Prime is over and doesn't need continuation.

Arlo said:
curl-6 said:

It's Nintendo, they specialize in doing what the opposite of what their fans want.

Besides, I honestly don't think they know what to do with Metroid any more. The series represents everything modern Nintendo shies away from; it's dark, mature, and traditionally both technologically and conceptually ambitious. The Nintendo of today doesn't seem to have the guts to make the grim, gorgeous reboot the series is screaming out for.

Everything this.  Nintendo has lost their ambition and sense of artistry.

Well, that's because the franchise just doesn't sell shit... So Nintendo is going to give up on it someday, like they did immediately after Super Metroid. The same thing almost happened with Fire Emblem until Awakening saved the series.

Super Metroid is one of the best games of all time but it didn't even come close to the sales of Super Mario World or Link to the Past. After Super being a commercial failure the franchise was pretty much dead, it's thanks to Miyamoto that we got Metroid Prime, who was the only one who saw the potential of a FPS Metroid game and revived the series with Retro Studios.

Nintendo can release a bad or controversial Mario, Pokemon or even Zelda game and they would quickly recover from it because these game have a strong fanbase (don't even start with Pokemon) and they actually print money.

The same can not be said for Metroid.

Why in the living hell do people seem to think that Retro can only do Metroid or DK games? I for one want to see them tackle and original IP, and hope that that is what they're working on.

As for Metroid, the only kind of Metroid people SHOULD be hoping for, is an honest to god, 2D (actual 2D) follow up to Metroid Fusion. Or even better, ignore that that game's story happened (game was good, story was dumb), and just do another "Metroid IV" take, taking place after Metroid III (Super Metroid).

If people want a Metroid game, ask for a Metroid game. Not another FPS. The Prime games were good, and in fact I really enjoyed playing through MP3 especially. But I don't need another one. That was a side series. Not what the series should be from now on.