By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year.

When will we see a see a new Nintendo system?

Handheld, 2016 60 22.14%

Home console, 2016 109 40.22%

Handheld, 2017 15 5.54%

Home console, 2017 17 6.27%

Handheld + Home console, 2017 58 21.40%

later 12 4.43%

Total:271
RolStoppable said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Thanks. It doesn't seem like he's directly saying that the NX will be coming next fiscal year, though.

It doesn't?

Do you expect a product to make profits when it is not available for purchase?

Itawa expected QOL to contribute to Nintendo like profits by March 2017.  Let us know how that turns out.

OT:

I kinda agree with the OP, the only thing that Nintendo has been consistant with this generation is their inability to accurately forcast anything...

3DS hardware and software Shipments (this one is funny as they control some 85+% of the dedicated handheld market), Wii U hardware and software shipments, QOL, Miitomo, multiple game delays including Zelad and Pokemon Go.  I don't see how anyone can trust anything they say with all the above going on.  While signs are showing a 2016 release for NX, Nintendo has had too many missteps to say that even that is on track.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Vodacixi said:

Really? Hmm... that's interesting. Did he mentioned the codename of the project by any chance?

I don't think he had a codename for that one like he did for the 3DS games. I would check to see, but Nintendo apparently had him remove the leak. His personal speculation was either Pikmin 4 or Paper Mario if I remember correctly.

Yeah, Miyamoto pretty much confirmed Pikmin 4 was almost finished. It could be a Wii U game.

As for Paper Mario... I can't believe it. I mean, Intelligent Systems has been making Code Name Steam, Fire Emblem and helping Atlus with SMT X FE. And that's only in 2015. I don't know, if true, I should give them far more credit than I do.

SJReiter said:
I agree that it's very odd that we're now a day from March 1st and they've said nothing about it. In January I would've guaranteed that Nintendo would unveil details about NX in a February Direct. Despite this, I still think it's releasing this year because of all the leaks. I question Nintendo's strategy though of waiting so long into the year to unveil it.

Actualy it not odd, Nintendo said they dont want to talk yet about NX because they fear competition could sell they ideas, they also said they dont want to talk about NX in this fiscal year (that is ending 31. March) because NX isn't part of this fiscal year.

Pavolink said:
Desperation. Now that every leak points to being released this year you are in desperation. I wonder how you will react when they announce it and the release this holiday season.

Oh, btw, by that logic we can confirm no Zelda or new games coming to Wii U in 2016.

He'll react the same way everyone does when they say silly things like this. Pretend they didn't or just say "Well I was wrong".

Gamemaster87 said:

Today is the last day of February, two months of 2016 have passed and we haven't heard ANYTHING about NX. No teasers, no PR talk etc.

I don't know how Nintendo wants to launch a new system this year without promotion long before. They need to promote their new systems, they don't have many consumers left, otherwise it will flop totally.

So, in my opinion it's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year, at least definitely no new home console.

ps4 and xbox one did the same in 2013. both were reveleed between april and june if i remember right.

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:

Today is the last day of February, two months of 2016 have passed and we haven't heard ANYTHING about NX. No teasers, no PR talk etc.

I don't know how Nintendo wants to launch a new system this year without promotion long before. They need to promote their new systems, they don't have many consumers left, otherwise it will flop totally.

So, in my opinion it's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year, at least definitely no new home console.

Lol, I thought hadline is "It's safe to say that Nintendo will launch new hardware this year" no "wont launch".

Basically every info we having about NX is point for 2016. release.

i remember of some of financial talks of this year Q3 that kimishima said that he expects nx to show profits at march 2017...
i think i quite sure to presume it would be a 2016 holiday relase. at least one of the versions of nx, if there are more than 1.

Vodacixi said:

Yeah, Miyamoto pretty much confirmed Pikmin 4 was almost finished. It could be a Wii U game.

As for Paper Mario... I can't believe it. I mean, Intelligent Systems has been making Code Name Steam, Fire Emblem and helping Atlus with SMT X FE. And that's only in 2015. I don't know, if true, I should give them far more credit than I do.

Miyamoto didn't specify what system it's for and it's been 5+ months since he said that and we still haven't heard anything about this nearly finished game. That screams NX title to me.

Does the name of SuperMetalDave ring a bell?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I am 100% sure we will see new hardware from Nintendo this year.
You really think that all these rumors are going to continue this whole year?
Every second thread on VGChartz is about NX... This has to stop!!!