By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year.

When will we see a see a new Nintendo system?

Handheld, 2016 60 22.14%

Home console, 2016 109 40.22%

Handheld, 2017 15 5.54%

Home console, 2017 17 6.27%

Handheld + Home console, 2017 58 21.40%

later 12 4.43%

Total:271
Vodacixi said:
shikamaru317 said:

I don't think he had a codename for that one like he did for the 3DS games. I would check to see, but Nintendo apparently had him remove the leak. His personal speculation was either Pikmin 4 or Paper Mario if I remember correctly.

Yeah, Miyamoto pretty much confirmed Pikmin 4 was almost finished. It could be a Wii U game.

As for Paper Mario... I can't believe it. I mean, Intelligent Systems has been making Code Name Steam, Fire Emblem and helping Atlus with SMT X FE. And that's only in 2015. I don't know, if true, I should give them far more credit than I do.

I think Pikmin 4 was Wii U project, but probably was moved to NX.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JGarret said:

Do you think they´ll unveil this system on a Direct or at E3?

E3 is more likely, although they may be holding a separate press event at an earlier point.

Train wreck said:

Itawa expected QOL to contribute to Nintendo like profits by March 2017.  Let us know how that turns out.

OT:

I kinda agree with the OP, the only thing that Nintendo has been consistant with this generation is their inability to accurately forcast anything...

3DS hardware and software Shipments (this one is funny as they control some 85+% of the dedicated handheld market), Wii U hardware and software shipments, QOL, Miitomo, multiple game delays including Zelad and Pokemon Go.  I don't see how anyone can trust anything they say with all the above going on.  While signs are showing a 2016 release for NX, Nintendo has had too many missteps to say that even that is on track.

An expectation for three years into the future is different than one that is supposed to come to fruition in less than a year. Besides, I am even less inclined to trust your judgment because in 2013 you were still using the word "failure" in quotations when it came to the Vita. Not even Nintendo was so delusional this generation and they were plenty of delusional.

...and in 2013 you were pretty adamant that the PS3/360 would stunt sales of the PS4/Xbox1 due to sharing many of the titles and we know how that turned out.  People make mistakes.

Nintendo officially canned QOL this betwee Oct-Dec of last year, unless it was otherwise stated, the forecast was still on the books.  And I'm glad you agree with me on everything else.

by now i'm just morbidly curious about whatever the hell they want to release, since the crazy ideas i hear floating around all point to a head on collision with reality

i think they'll release something this year, whatever that is remains to be seen. i'll check it out come e3 i guess

...from the same guy who just posted an NX rumor that an NX handheld is launching late 2016.

Get outta here!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Safe to say? Uh, have you seen the rumor that one rumor that is all but confirmed?

Sure it is a bit odd for the system not to have been revealed yet, but remember the Xbox One wasn't revealed until late May in the year it released. My guess it Nintendo is waiting until the new FY before revealing the system (so after March 31st).

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Vodacixi said:

Yeah, Miyamoto pretty much confirmed Pikmin 4 was almost finished. It could be a Wii U game.

As for Paper Mario... I can't believe it. I mean, Intelligent Systems has been making Code Name Steam, Fire Emblem and helping Atlus with SMT X FE. And that's only in 2015. I don't know, if true, I should give them far more credit than I do.

Miyamoto didn't specify what system it's for and it's been 5+ months since he said that and we still haven't heard anything about this nearly finished game. That screams NX title to me.

I think it's gonna be multiplatform. I mean, common sense tells me it has mor probabilities on NX than Wii U. But I have a feeling that it will be like Zelda U.

I'm still guessing for a 2017 release but won't be surprised either way

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Wii U and 3DS shipments are very poor this year this is more likely a case of Nintendo trying to protect whatever shipments they have left for both this fiscal year, so probably nothing until the fiscal year ends (Mar 31).

Vodacixi said:

I think it's gonna be multiplatform. I mean, common sense tells me it has mor probabilities on NX than Wii U. But I have a feeling that it will be like Zelda U.

Nah, Nintendo has long shown they're done supporting the Wii U. Zelda is only multiplatform because they already announced it would come to the Wii U and the backlash otherwise would be huge. Plus Wii U already got a Pikmin game so there's no reason to give it another over helping the NX form it's own identity.

While it could release 2016, what is being referenced could very well only be announcing it and promoting it (a step into going back into Nintendo like profits). People make it fit however they want to make it fit, but it doesn't mean this year release.