By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year.

When will we see a see a new Nintendo system?

Handheld, 2016 60 22.14%

Home console, 2016 109 40.22%

Handheld, 2017 15 5.54%

Home console, 2017 17 6.27%

Handheld + Home console, 2017 58 21.40%

later 12 4.43%

Total:271

Yeah... i also find it hard to believe.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Nintendo is too scared of secrets leaking, by now we should know something about the NX.

I mean the Playstation & xbox are already released its not like they can copy & change their current consoles anyways as a reaction to whatever bright Idea nintendo might have had.

I hope they reveal the new console and start talking about it soon, I dont think bringing a new console to market without any marketing behinde it is a smart idea.

Not true, depending on the concept or the type of innovation they may have in mind it can be copied, for example PS1 and Saturn were already out when N64 was unveiled and shown to have an analogue stick and rumble, both Sony and Sega released controlers implementing this, even concepts like motion controls can be copied. Only thing that can't be copied is power if a company goes for that.

These are hardware concepts mind you the rumours mention a lot of talk about a OS which would be easier to come up with an answer to.

NX will be launched at the end of 2016, it will launch with Zelda U port and Wii U will be completely obliterated the moment NX is on the stores. Also, don't expect anymore anouncements for Wii U this year. Think of TP HD, Pokkén, SMT X FE, Star Fox and Zelda as the sedatives administrated to terminal pacients. End of the story.

Leaks have pretty much confirmed that it's coming in 2016.

RolStoppable said:

Kimishima has confirmed that NX will launch during the upcoming fiscal year, so even if you are desperate for a non-2016 launch of NX, you are left with only a three month window. But realistically, Nintendo will aim for a holiday launch.

Do you think they´ll unveil this system on a Direct or at E3?

Around the Network

lol naw, this only makes me think they're waiting until their Wii U line-up for the year have mostly released, so late April/early May since at that point the only game left is the multiplat Zelda.

shikamaru317 said:
Vodacixi said:
NX will be launched at the end of 2016, it will launch with Zelda U port and Wii U will be completely obliterated the moment NX is on the stores. Also, don't expect anymore anouncements for Wii U this year. Think of TP HD, Pokkén, SMT X FE, Star Fox and Zelda as the sedatives administrated to terminal pacients. End of the story.

^Pretty much this. Except the recently "confirmed" leak from SuperMetalDave did say there was one more unnanounced Wii U game this year. Don't excpect more than 1 for sure though, lol.

Really? Hmm... that's interesting. Did he mentioned the codename of the project by any chance?

JGarret said:
RolStoppable said:

Kimishima has confirmed that NX will launch during the upcoming fiscal year, so even if you are desperate for a non-2016 launch of NX, you are left with only a three month window. But realistically, Nintendo will aim for a holiday launch.

Do you think they´ll unveil this system on a Direct or at E3?

I'm pretty confident they will reveal it at E3. Iwata (RIP) said that they would only have an E3 conference if they had some hardware to announce. So...

shikamaru317 said:

I don't think he had a codename for the Wii U game like he did for the 3DS games. I would check to see, but Nintendo apparently had him remove the leak from his Youtube channel and Website. His personal speculation for the Wii U game was either Pikmin 4 or Paper Mario if I remember correctly.

There was a Paper Mario U rumor, but it was not part of the Pokemon leak, and I don't remember if it's even from the same source. 

That is the worst fish for replies I have ever seen. No effort has gone into the OP at all. Seeing as you had a "safe bet" thread that was near identical to this close to January's end, (right after pertrubedkitty's identical thread) I look forward to the next identical thread by the end of March - and furthermore I look forward to the reaction threads saying "yeah it will".
We see the sentence in your sig. We don't need to see it copy/pasted on the forums over and over please.
Thanks

#1 Amb-ass-ador