Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year.

When will we see a see a new Nintendo system?

Handheld, 2016 60 22.14%
 
Home console, 2016 109 40.22%
 
Handheld, 2017 15 5.54%
 
Home console, 2017 17 6.27%
 
Handheld + Home console, 2017 58 21.40%
 
later 12 4.43%
 
Total:271
Mr.GameCrazy said:
RolStoppable said:
Kimishima has confirmed that NX will launch during the upcoming fiscal year, so even if you are desparate for a non-2016 launch of NX, you are left with only a three month window. But realistically, Nintendo will aim for a holiday launch.

Source? This is the first time I heard of him saying that.

Q&A 3 from the following link:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160203qa/index.html

With regards to the financial performance, I believe you said that the fiscal year ending in March 2016 has been about balancing revenue and expenses, while the next fiscal year (ending in March 2017) will be a step towards aiming for Nintendo-like profits. Have these priorities changed at all? It seems like a lot of new endeavors, such as smart device business and amiibo sales, will need to go smoothly in order to realize Nintendo-like profits. If you had to provide one example of an area where you can be sure to achieve Nintendo-like profits, what would that be?

(...)

The question was to pick one area with which we will be able to achieve Nintendo-like profits, but I would like to suggest two areas. One area is our NX business, and another is our business for smart devices. I believe that keeping these two endeavors on track will be key to achieving Nintendo-like profits. I don't have any further details to share about the next fiscal year at this time, but we will explain about our plan and when we will aim to achieve Nintendo-like profits at a future date.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:

What? Because I do some logical thinking? If anybody is in denial then the people who think that I'm in denial.

No, there's nothing that indicates that NX will be released in 2017, yet we have some leaks (true, maybe all of them are wrong), but we even have some Nintendo's info that points to a 2016 release. Plus it just doesn't make sense to drag the WiiU more time. It's failing sales-wise, and it's definitely time to move on. Zelda would be the last big effort we'll see for the WiiU. 



Gamemaster87 said:
RolStoppable said:
Kimishima has confirmed that NX will launch during the upcoming fiscal year, so even if you are desparate for a non-2016 launch of NX, you are left with only a three month window. But realistically, Nintendo will aim for a holiday launch.

Lol. He never said this. You should better do some research before saying this.

Is this thread your audition for Most Ironic Username?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Source? This is the first time I heard of him saying that.

Q@A 3 from the following link:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160203qa/index.html

With regards to the financial performance, I believe you said that the fiscal year ending in March 2016 has been about balancing revenue and expenses, while the next fiscal year (ending in March 2017) will be a step towards aiming for Nintendo-like profits. Have these priorities changed at all? It seems like a lot of new endeavors, such as smart device business and amiibo sales, will need to go smoothly in order to realize Nintendo-like profits. If you had to provide one example of an area where you can be sure to achieve Nintendo-like profits, what would that be?

(...)

The question was to pick one area with which we will be able to achieve Nintendo-like profits, but I would like to suggest two areas. One area is our NX business, and another is our business for smart devices. I believe that keeping these two endeavors on track will be key to achieving Nintendo-like profits. I don't have any further details to share about the next fiscal year at this time, but we will explain about our plan and when we will aim to achieve Nintendo-like profits at a future date.

Thanks. It doesn't seem like he's directly saying that the NX will be coming next fiscal year, though.



I don't see why a 2016 release would be so bad.

Power differences with the competition? Nintendo wouldn't have used that extra time to add power anyway, not without an absolute guarantee that the device would sell and 3rd parties would support it (and that guarantee still isn't clear).

Cutting the lifespam of the WiiU/3DS? Both systems are in clear decline as it is, if anything an early release will avoid an last year software drought.

Lack of games? If the rumours are true, Nintendo is unifying their libraries, that would mean two times the games playable on each piece (Handheld or home console), and avoid redundant developements, like MarioKart HH/HC. Besides, if the NX has been in developement since 2014, we could think they've been preparing games for it since that year, so we have between 2-3 years of unheard of projects in the best case scenario.

Lack of adds? Better market your product extensively in a short timespam than a longer campaign. Attention spam of the market can be pretty sho... hey look, Pokemon Sun/Moon!



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Thanks. It doesn't seem like he's directly saying that the NX will be coming next fiscal year, though.

It doesn't?

Do you expect a product to make profits when it is not available for purchase?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Gamemaster87 said:

Today is the last day of February, two months of 2016 have passed and we haven't heard ANYTHING about NX. No teasers, no PR talk etc.

I don't know how Nintendo wants to launch a new system this year without promotion long before. They need to promote their new systems, they don't have many consumers left, otherwise it will flop totally.

So, in my opinion it's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year, at least definitely no new home console.

Uh .. ? 

 

PS4: First own Media Briefing in February, Console shown later at E3, released in November of the same Year.

XB1: May first Media Briefing, announcing and showing new Console, 2 (or 3) weeks later E3. Launched in the same year.

 

ANYTHING is still possible.



3DS, PS4 & XB1 were all released 6-9 months after the initial reveal. Nintendo can reveal NIXthis spring with a holiday launch.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

All the rumors say it will get a concept reveal in April or May, followed by a full reveal at E3. So, there is definitely still a strong possibility of it releasing this year. Especially since we just had a leak that nailed the codename for Pokemon Sun and Moon, that also said NX would release this year. 



Because they're talking about it at E3?



PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'