By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year.

When will we see a see a new Nintendo system?

Handheld, 2016 60 22.14%

Home console, 2016 109 40.22%

Handheld, 2017 15 5.54%

Home console, 2017 17 6.27%

Handheld + Home console, 2017 58 21.40%

later 12 4.43%

Total:271
Neodegenerate said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

What I meant is that it seems more like he's implying it than outright saying it.

Of course he isn't outright saying it.  If they suffer delays or unexpected setbacks then they won't make those profits and people will want to know why he was saying things that didn't come to pass.

I understand. I just hope that it's successful whether it's a handheld console, a home console, or even both.

Around the Network

Only thing certain is that it will be revealed on E3.

RolStoppable said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Source? This is the first time I heard of him saying that.

Q&A 3 from the following link:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160203qa/index.html

With regards to the financial performance, I believe you said that the fiscal year ending in March 2016 has been about balancing revenue and expenses, while the next fiscal year (ending in March 2017) will be a step towards aiming for Nintendo-like profits. Have these priorities changed at all? It seems like a lot of new endeavors, such as smart device business and amiibo sales, will need to go smoothly in order to realize Nintendo-like profits. If you had to provide one example of an area where you can be sure to achieve Nintendo-like profits, what would that be?

(...)

The question was to pick one area with which we will be able to achieve Nintendo-like profits, but I would like to suggest two areas. One area is our NX business, and another is our business for smart devices. I believe that keeping these two endeavors on track will be key to achieving Nintendo-like profits. I don't have any further details to share about the next fiscal year at this time, but we will explain about our plan and when we will aim to achieve Nintendo-like profits at a future date.

Umm... this sounds like NX is coming next fiscal year to me...

This fiscal year is about balancing revenues and expenses.

Next fiscal year (March 2017-March 2018) is about achieving Nintendo-like profits. Kimishima seems to be putting the NX in the Nintendo-like profits bucket - (next fiscal year) and will explain at a future date...

Unless I'm misinterpreting something?

Gamemaster87 said:
Pavolink said:
Desperation. Now that every leak points to being released this year you are in desperation. I wonder how you will react when they announce it and the release this holiday season.

Oh, btw, by that logic we can confirm no Zelda or new games coming to Wii U in 2016.

So I'm in desperation because I actually want Nintendo to be successful once again and not like the vast majority of this community?

Oh and btw, there's a difference between a game and a console.

In your fairy world a 2017 release date is better just because you expect them to release more games on the Wii U, something that it is clearly not going to happen as we are in March and they haven't announced any new game. Your own logic is beating you. Priceless.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mike321 said:
Only thing certain is that it will be revealed on E3.

I wouldn't even say that's certain as it could be revealed before E3.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
It's not 'safe to say' anything...

Its safe to say I would get banned if I voiced my true opinions about this user

ktay95 said:

This

[] [] [] {} [] 

SJReiter said:
I agree that it's very odd that we're now a day from March 1st and they've said nothing about it. In January I would've guaranteed that Nintendo would unveil details about NX in a February Direct. Despite this, I still think it's releasing this year because of all the leaks. I question Nintendo's strategy though of waiting so long into the year to unveil it.

Nintendo is too scared of secrets leaking, by now we should know something about the NX.

I mean the Playstation & xbox are already released its not like they can copy & change their current consoles anyways as a reaction to whatever bright Idea nintendo might have had.

I hope they reveal the new console and start talking about it soon, I dont think bringing a new console to market without any marketing behinde it is a smart idea.

ktay95 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
It's not 'safe to say' anything...

Jar-Jar is sad. Don't make Jar-Jar sad :(

RolStoppable said:
Hedra42 said:

Umm... this sounds like NX is coming next fiscal year to me...

This fiscal year is about balancing revenues and expenses.

Next fiscal year (March 2017-March 2018) is about achieving Nintendo-like profits. Kimishima seems to be putting the NX in the Nintendo-like profits bucket - (next fiscal year) and will explain at a future date...

Unless I'm misinterpreting something?

The wording in the question is pretty clear. The investor is asking about Nintendo-like profits in the fiscal year ending in March 2017. There's no mention of 2018 whatsoever.

Ah, my bad - I'm a month (and an entire fiscal year) ahead of myself.