By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - would you ever "10" a game

Griffin said:
Maybe back in the day, but i have not played or seen a game that i would give a 10 to in the last 3+years.

I kinda hate posts like this. No offence.

Its not like games were better back in the day, its just people were easier to impress and video games were new.

Nowadays a game has to be amazing to stand out. Games weren't good at all then compared to now. Like the original mario sucked  compared to what call of duty 4 is now. Probably 16 years from now while were playing PS6 we'll look back on CoD4 and think it sucked.

I'm back...

Around the Network

The only game I'd give a perfect 10 is Pokemon red/blue.

It was flawless. The only glitch was the missingno glitch but it was fun to use!
Not only was it really good but its still really good. Seriously i just finished playing blue for an hour. It is still fun. I've had it since i was about 8 and i play it now when I'm 16. Its challenging, rewarding, entertaining.

The closest games to a 10 I'd give now are:

CoD4 - 9.5
Uncharted - 9
Resistance - 9
Oblivion - 8.5
Halo 3 - 8.5

I'm back...

^^

i think it's all about the experience no matter what. like, with secret of mana (the game i listed), it holds up extremely well cause the graphics are easy on the eyes, the sound is awesome, and it plays great. it may not excel in ways that games like CoD4 do, but it is awesome in all the right ways in terms of its design.

Like others have said, a 10 doesn't mean perfect. When a movie gets a 5-star rating, is it a perfect movie? No. The point is, it's a perfect piece of entertainment.

With that said, I'd give the honours to Galaxy, Brawl, RE4, Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario Bros, and Gears of War.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Baldur's Gate 2 - 10.0
Unreal Tournament - 10.0

There's absolutely nothing in either of those games that I can think of that could have been improved at the time they were released.

Around the Network
London_Calling said:
Griffin said:
Maybe back in the day, but i have not played or seen a game that i would give a 10 to in the last 3+years.

I kinda hate posts like this. No offence.

Its not like games were better back in the day, its just people were easier to impress and video games were new.

Nowadays a game has to be amazing to stand out. Games weren't good at all then compared to now. Like the original mario sucked compared to what call of duty 4 is now. Probably 16 years from now while were playing PS6 we'll look back on CoD4 and think it sucked.

No offense but considering you just admitted to being 16, you're not really in a place to judge the quality of games older than you are. People were not easier to impress back then. We had different experiences than we have today. Back when I was a kid a great mutliplayer experience was getting driven to the arcade and spending $10 owning people at Street Fighter or playing co-op in Virtua Cop. Today a good multiplayer expererience is playing people online. Online is more convenient but i'll take my arcade experiences any day of the week. Maybe when PS6 does come out you'll be knowledgeable enough to judge whether Call of Duty 4 will still be a good game. Comparing Super Mario Bros. to Call of Duty 4 is asinine.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

^^

you are going to town on the 16 year old gamers in this thread, haha.

anyway, bed time for me.

Grim Fandango 10/10

Super Mario 3
Super Mario World
Zelda: Link to the Past
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Donkey Kong Country

So yes, but all are pretty old.

Pretty close:

REmake
RE4Wii
Tales of Symphonia
Fire Emblem: PoR & RD
Super MArio Galaxy

I would only 10 -: SMB3, SM64, LoZ:OoT and SSBB.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions