By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - would you ever "10" a game

Although Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game, I know it doesn't deserve a 10.
However, games I do think deserve a 10 are

- Pokemon: Ruby/Sapphire
- Final Fantasy X
- Megaman Legends 2

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros 3
Super Metroid
Zelda:A Link to the Past
Zelda: Links Awakening
Super Mario World

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I have not yet encountered a game that's worthy of a 10 in my opinion. Highest ranked games for me:

Zelda Ocarina of Time: 9.7
Super Mario World: 9.6
Perfect Dark: 9.6
Super Mario Galaxy: 9.5
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island: 9.5
Advance Wars: 9.5

Words Of Wisdom said:

Why wouldn't you give a game a 10? There's no point in having a maximum score if you never give it to anything.

If you think a 10 represents a perfect score that can never be achieved, then I think you're actually thinking of an 11 (in a 10 point rating scale).

I'll second that.  When it comes to rating a game, a ten on a ten point scale doesn't necessarily have to mean perfection.  

Final Fantasy VI and Super Mario RPG : LoSS. Personal opinion of course. ;)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
tastyshovelware said:
i guess the only game i would "10" would be 'secret of mana' (great active battle rpg, 2 player action, some of the best graphics/sound on the snes, long adventure)

soul caliber would come the closest.

then RE4.

You are very wise!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

10's are used much too often in the review world. You'd think the score would be elusive and something great to achieve, but if you look at games on gamerankings or metacritic, there are hundreds of games that have garnered 10's from at least someone. I really respect IGN for saving the 10 for only the greatest of games, and the two games they did give 10s to are still among the greatest ever made and will go down in history.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Yes.
If I enjoy it to the fullest, & I know the developers did all they could to make it 10 worthy, then yes.

The Ratchet and Clank series would be the games I'd give the highest rating to. Not a perfect 10, though, but certainly close. Don't ask me why, because I don't have a clue why I'd chose this series over any other, I'm just a huge fan of them.

only three

super mario rpg
mariokart 64
mortal kombat 2 (of course especially after one day i had walked into an arcade with 20 bucks and walked out with 100 hehe, dont ask ;))

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049