By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - would you ever "10" a game

There is no such thing as a perfect game, because gaming is not a static environment. Every games value diminishes with time. Can something that is perfect become less then perfect. A perfect sphere is still a perfect sphere today, tomorrow, and a million years from now. Perfection is permanent and immutable. Perfect is unattainable and is merely an illusion. To claim otherwise is to be blind to the reality of our lives.

That said a 10/10 is merely the best of a generation, and probably a dozen games at most will sit at that position. For me the prime consideration for a rating which is basically a justification for purchase must be title longevity of continuous use. I always run the cost benefit analysis. When a title starts to edge near a quarter per hour of play. I know that despite what others say I have a game that is a 10.

For me these are the titles that would be 10/10. They weren't perfect, but they were worth every cent. Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Halo, and Halo 3. Other titles were fantastic, but they never kept me glued to my console for countless weeks and months.

Around the Network

SSBB 10/10!! but if we could go higher it would be over 9000!!!

darklich13 said:
tastyshovelware said:
i guess the only game i would "10" would be 'secret of mana' (great active battle rpg, 2 player action, some of the best graphics/sound on the snes, long adventure)

soul caliber would come the closest.

then RE4.

You are very wise!

thank you good sir.

:)

Brawl, RE4 and SMG are really close to ten

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

I recently "10"d Super Smash Bros. Brawl.. and meant it!

Around the Network
Nintendo Fan Girl said:
You realize what you wrote makes absolutely no sense, right? You're either claiming SSBB is a 9000 out of 9000 which is just another way to word it's a 10 out of 10 or you're implying that SSBB is a 9000 out of 10 which would make it perfect times 900. If the latter's the case this is like trying to one up someone in numbers by yelling "Infinity Plus One!". What are you 16 or something?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Yes I'd 10 a few games. Such as:

LoZ: OOT- 10
LoZ: TP- 10
RE4- 10
SM64- 10

I think those are the only 4's I could give perfect 10s. Those that would come close such as either 9.8 or 9.9 include

Burnout 3
SW: KOTOR
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Super Mario Galaxy
Banjo Kazooie

Yea we'll go with that for now.

Theres no game I'd give a perfect 10. Every game has its annoyances.

CoD4 is amazing but some things such as random grenade throws that kill you, people using the noob tube, people using juggernaut, lag. Stuff like that keeps it from being a perfect 10.

There are perfect games. Why? Well humans don't know what perfect is anyways. Perfection is something that is beyond human knowledge. That's why we call something perfect. It's the incomprehension of something that is perfection.

Thus perfect has been adapted to critics to be more well known as the best in the certain industry. Meaning things can have a few minor flaws, but if it excels over everything before it and makes leaps and bounds in numerous areas, then we have perfections.

But in normal terms, perfection is simply the incomprehension of something or over our heads. Thus it must be perfect. Kinda an arrogant thing man uses as well but whatever.

Onyxmeth said:
Nintendo Fan Girl said:
You realize what you wrote makes absolutely no sense, right? You're either claiming SSBB is a 9000 out of 9000 which is just another way to word it's a 10 out of 10 or you're implying that SSBB is a 9000 out of 10 which would make it perfect times 900. If the latter's the case this is like trying to one up someone in numbers by yelling "Infinity Plus One!". What are you 16 or something?

haha, onyx. you crazy bastard.