By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - would you ever "10" a game

SM64, Super Mario 3, loz:oot, lair

Around the Network

super smash bros, little big planet (even though its not out yet the idea is perfect) and final fantasy 7

yes , if the skale was 100, no if it's 10, for no game deserves a "perfect score" in my opinion

... What's up Onyxmeth's ass?
I don't wanna start a flame/troll war or anything, but seriously. Can't Onyx loosen up a bit? Not only is this a thread where people state their opinion disregarding age, but there's also the fact that there are, in fact, teenagers on the internet. Geez.

Oh, and by the way Onyx, I'm 15, deal with it. And If you argue with me I hope you know that you're trying to win against somebody younger than you... and on the internet. Plus, the "over 9000" is a fad that's developed over the internet. No need to attack somebody's expression by using literal logic.

/debate

On another note, what are the 2 games that IGN gave a 10? Weren't they Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Soulcalibur? I could be wrong.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

I'd give Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 a ten for bringing something diffrent to the RPG world, I'd also give SSBB and Halo 3 tens :3....and Final Fantasy V :D

Around the Network
GiggityNinja said:
... What's up Onyxmeth's ass?
I don't wanna start a flame/troll war or anything, but seriously. Can't Onyx loosen up a bit? Not only is this a thread where people state their opinion disregarding age, but there's also the fact that there are, in fact, teenagers on the internet. Geez.

Oh, and by the way Onyx, I'm 15, deal with it. And If you argue with me I hope you know that you're trying to win against somebody younger than you... and on the internet. Plus, the "over 9000" is a fad that's developed over the internet. No need to attack somebody's expression by using literal logic.

/debate

On another note, what are the 2 games that IGN gave a 10? Weren't they Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Soulcalibur? I could be wrong.

Listen, obviously you're offended because as a 15 year old you want to be taken seriously. I have no gripes with you personally and I'm not entirely sure why you have one with me? Did I indirectly offend you because I made correlations to two other posters' comments and their ages? Tough shit. The fact is, the first one was a bit of a tease to Nintendo Fan Girl, so unless you're her boyfriend, brother, father, mother, a knight in shining armor or just Nintendo Fan Girl in disguise, mind your business.

Secondly the comments London Calling made were offensive to people my age. He's sitting here talking about comparing Call of Duty 4 to Super Mario Bros. when he wasn't around at the time Super Mario Bros. could have been innovative to him. By the time he began gaming he was probably playing Mario 64. He also said people were easier to impress back then, but wasn't there to know whether there's any truth to it or not. I was there playing games in the 80s and early 90s and am offended that someone who wasn't even born is going to tell me I was easier to impress.

By the way, yes, Soul Calibur and Ocarina of Time are the two 10's IGN has given out.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

^^

there are actually like 15 '10's.'

they were for games on handheld consoles. peep ign's retro page.

Ocarina of time, KOTOR, Halo: Combat Evolved, Super Mario Bros., Pong(first video game so it is definitely a 10), Super Mario 64, Sonic the Hedgehog(the first one not the gay one that came out a year ago), Street Fighter 2, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy VII, and finally Bioshock.

Those are some of the great games i could play 10 years from now. The true perfect game is the one you could play years after you've played it.

- gta iv

- mgs4

- gt5

- gears of war 2

- maybe re5

I would 10 a few games, but it would be a biased opinion that I probably would have a hard time putting into words, and therefore defending. 10's for me are something that changed how I looked at games and really defined what a good game is to me. This means that tens are usually something that I have alot of nostalgia for, and maybe not something that I played recently.

10's for me:
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Earth Bound
FFVII
SotC