By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - would you ever "10" a game

I'd 10/10 a lot of games. A 10/10 doesn't necessarily mean the game's "perfect" but rather it's one of the top games in its genre. If it does something to substantially raise the bar, it deserves a 10.

Around the Network

forgot Battalion Wars

for me a ten means nothing comes close at the time. only ssbm has done that. im still not sure if even that deserves a ten due to balance, but its the closest.

anyone who thinks ssbb is a better game than ssbm does not know ssbm.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

10's arent just the fun factor
its not that hard to make a mindless fun game we get them all the time. To be 10 it has to be ahead of its time and everything has to come together to offer a deeper experience

and the length of a game shouldn't mean much either lets take Bioshock and ICO for example

To name a few

LOZ: OoT
LOZ: TP
LOZ: WW
Ratchet and Clank: Up your arsenal
Soul Caliber
Halo:CE
God of War
FFX
GTA 3
Super Mario 64
Street Fighter 2
Metal Gear Solid
Bioshock
Skies of Arcadia
Half-Life 2

@dante
My friend, your last line saved the day!
I respect everyones opinion about a "10", (even a 15er's) as long as this 10 means something to him or her. There are tons of great games there that were great. From frenetic action to a touchy and an emotive scenario...
BUT, What is the game that made you feel like something you wouldn't even acknowledge that was brought about by a plain sum of digital info??

That's what a "10" is (according to my opinion)
And this 10 for me is Half Life 2.
After a whole evening and night of continuous gaming in an internet cafe (my pc couldn't handle it at the time), I got out in the daylight (i've been through this procedure tens of times) and i looked at the roaring city with a different point of view... It seems had an eye for the Conmbine...

Around the Network

I would give a 10 to Alundra on the psx. I just loved that game so much at the time, going back to play it now its unbelieveable how tough it is. Most other games that people are mentioning i agree with (Super Mario, Zelda, MGS, Goldeneye,etc.)

Sure i can give many games a Ten.

But there is always something that the game could do with to improve it just a little bit.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

There's a few games I would give a 10 to, I think the score is a personal opinion and in someones opinion the game being scored could be perfect for that person so yes games could and should get 10's, the whole Smash Bros series would have 10's by me cause I loved how all 3 played, each one improving over the last, all have sucked many of my hours of life away, and my time is priceless, if a game can do that to me then by all rights it deserves that ten and then some.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Any Game I put 100hours in is a 10 in my book .
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Golden Eye 007 (best fps back in the day)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Mario Kart 64
Super Tecmo Bowl
Diablo 2 (more addictive then crack when patches ruins the addiction! )
Mario Bros/Duck Hunt NES
the first Halo
Phantasy Star Online Ep 2-3 Gamecube

I see no problem with giving games the highest score possible. Why even use a scale if you're going to refuse using all of it?

No game is perfect, but I see giving 10/10 or 100% more as a recognition of the game being one of the best out there and clearly belonging to the highest category of excellence, rather than a declaration of perfection.

What are the games I would rate with the highest score possible? Probably everything listed in the Favorite Games bit of my profile. This is of course based on how much I liked them, rather than an impartial recognition of quality and appeal to everyone that most reviewers are after. I don't like being detached and professional towards something I love as much as my favorite games.