By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V Review Thread - MC: 77/ GR: 77.07%

Tagged games:

padib said:
Darc Requiem said:

The reason this game is releasing so early is the tournament scene. I'm not excusing Capcom but that's the clear reason. They've put a lot of time and money into the Capcom Pro Tour and the tournament season starts in a few weeks. So for a person like me, he lack of inital content is bearable.

For casuals, I'd honestly wait until the March update to pick the game up. I'd be more critical of Capcom, but they've insulated themselves from some of my ire by having most of the content being unlockable for free. The only thing that requires real money is some of the costumes. So unlike the previous game were I was forked out $60 for SFIV, $40 for SSIV, $15 for Arcade Edition, and another $15 for USFIV. I can pay $60 for SFV and unlock everything else with fight money.

Everytime you guys say that I can only think of Balrog's death cry.

My fight moneeeeeeeeeeeey!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I guess that sounds fair. It's like Splatoon, though it appears Splatoon's story mode is complete compared SFV's story mode on initial release (based on what I've heard from you guys). I'm excited to get the game once I think about when I can get a PS4. By that time, it should have enough content to justify a $60 price tag. For now, its on my watch list. I love SF (even though I'm a casual fighter in general) so I hope things go well for this latest installment.

Still not in my mail box :(

I'M sure the score would had being better if the history mode was included on the retail disk,
Good luck Capcom and you got my money (got pre order at 38$ at BestBuy).

padib said:
Darc Requiem said:

The reason this game is releasing so early is the tournament scene. I'm not excusing Capcom but that's the clear reason. They've put a lot of time and money into the Capcom Pro Tour and the tournament season starts in a few weeks. So for a person like me, he lack of inital content is bearable.

For casuals, I'd honestly wait until the March update to pick the game up. I'd be more critical of Capcom, but they've insulated themselves from some of my ire by having most of the content being unlockable for free. The only thing that requires real money is some of the costumes. So unlike the previous game were I was forked out $60 for SFIV, $40 for SSIV, $15 for Arcade Edition, and another $15 for USFIV. I can pay $60 for SFV and unlock everything else with fight money.

Everytime you guys say that I can only think of Balrog's death cry.

I think that's why Capcom chose that as the official term.

Around the Network

No suprise on its reviews. KI was also incomplete and that got hammered hard by reviewers but atleast that was a free game. This isn't and Capcon expect you to wait for the content you paid for. . Why would they let us wait? Why release an unfinished game? Are they planning on making a Ultra SFV edition version with the full game? Even though they stated they won't. . I dont believe them. Im passing for now.

Barozi said:
wow that's low considering IV got 93/94. I thought 90 was a lock.

Actually, the reviews might be generous considering the game is incomplete. More content being added over time including the story.

KI didnt review well at launch because it offered so little. But now its one of the best fighting ever.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I think the comparisons to Splatoon are unfair in the sense that at launch splatoon was cheaper than the average full retail price.
For comparison sake, here Splatoon released for 38€ and the online is free. SFV is 65€ and you have to pay PS plus to play online. Its not nearly the same. SFV is very pricy for what it's offering at this point.

Did Capcom just pull an MCC?!

Barozi said:
wow that's low considering IV got 93/94. I thought 90 was a lock.

Games scored higher in general first half of last gen. V is superior in every way, it just lacks (free) content which is coming anyway.