By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V Review Thread - MC: 77/ GR: 77.07%

Tagged games:

Roronaa_chan said:
DeusXmachina said:

ummm, KI is free to play. You can download the entire game with all the modes for free. You only pay for the characters and accesories but you can buy them individually for 5$ each or 40$ for all of them and there is a free character that changes every week so you can try them all.

So it's not free. You have to pay. That's what I said.

You can play the game for free if you want too so technically it's free.

Around the Network
DeusXmachina said:
Roronaa_chan said:

So it's not free. You have to pay. That's what I said.

It's a demo. Let's call it what it is.

"Technically free" is an irrelevant statement or conclusion considering how some of the worst business models in the biz are of "technically free" things and the subject was which model was better, and how "being free" "technically" means "technically" "squat".

Azzanation said:
Roronaa_chan said:

In other words you have to pay

SF model is superior, as is, unanimously, the game.

Wait so SFV costs $60 and has the same amount of content as a free to play game, but if you brought all the characters in KI it costs you $40. How is SFV superiour? Especially since you dont have a choice in SFV, you just have to wait and hope for the best Capcon can give you, if they give you it.

I don't understand your point. Are you saying KI is superior because it's ultimately $20 cheaper and SFV is inferior because it cost $20 more?  You might like the purchase model of KI over SFV but isn't gameplay ultimately what's more important in a fighter?  Especially considering $60 is the norm and not out of line with any other AAA game. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Roronaa_chan said:
DeusXmachina said:

"Technically free" is an irrelevant statement or conclusion considering how some of the worst business models in the biz are of "technically free" things and the subject was which model was better, and how "being free" "technically" means "technically" "squat".

Anyway, there isn't a point talking about KI in a SFV thread so i'll just say again that personally i think KI's model is great because i can play the entire game for 5-10 dollars and if could play SFV and only pay for Juri when she comes out, i would.

Good score!

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
DeusXmachina said:

Your making a fool out of your self, you clearly have no idea what your talking about. KI is a free game, you can play the game for free without spending one cent. It has a rotating character setup. SFV is not free and you have to not just pay for the game at a brand new game price but also pay for the upcoming characters as they release. Steam sells SFV for $59.99 or $89.99 for the Deluxe edition. KI is $49 for everything or free if you dont want any permanent characters and happy with a rotating roster. It is not a Demo.

I love the SF series but lets be honest here, SFV is selling at full price with less content as a free to play game. I was going to buy it but im now waiting. I dont trust Capcon with there DLC at the moment.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI-Quality

game is shit on pc
this game is a flop in my eyes and was obviously rushed

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Azzanation said:

Your making a fool out of your self, you clearly have no idea what your talking about. KI is a free game, you can play the game for free without spending one cent. It has a rotating character setup. SFV is not free and you have to not just pay for the game at a brand new game price but also pay for the upcoming characters as they release. Steam sells SFV for $59.99 or $89.99 for the Deluxe edition. KI is $49 for everything or free if you dont want any permanent characters and happy with a rotating roster. It is not a Demo.

I love the SF series but lets be honest here, SFV is selling at full price with less content as a free to play game. I was going to buy it but im now waiting. I dont trust Capcon with there DLC at the moment.

Who's making a fool of himself implying that having extremely limited/restricted access to the content of a game is playing it for free? It's a demo. "don't want any permanent characters and happy with a rotating roster", said nobody ever. Buying SFV guarantees you more content than paying for KI as the content is not consistently locked by further paywalls. And it didn't launch with 8 characters for 40 dollars. That's 5 dollars per character. At SFV launch it's 3.75 per character and that number will just keep going down as  you keep gaining new characters for free instead of being forced to pay extra on top of what you already did at launch. But if you want to wait +2 years until SFV has been on sale and whatever other promos it will have in the meantime in order to fit your timeline goalposts for trying to make KI sound better you are free to do so.

Whats funny is that in music and film, scoring in the 80s is a rare feat. In games, if a games scores in the 80s people wonder why it didn't achieve higher.

KI model sounds better to me too, at least compared to the actual state of SFV.

BTW I'm getting pretty bad opinions about SFV all around the internet, even 2 friends of mine were telling me how pissed of they were about the game this same morning and now that I'm looking it has a 4.1 userscore. What is happening with this game? because looks like everybody is dissapointed.