By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V Review Thread - MC: 77/ GR: 77.07%

Tagged games:

Nem said:

I expected the lukewarm reception. This game is essentially still in beta and got released to the public for full price.

I understand capcom wanting to sell this as a service, but a  service that is requiring full price at the start in an unfinished state is a bit reaching for the consumer.
And its not only the super short story modes, but the roster itself. Way too little.

Well that depends.  If the majority is to be free, full price doesn't just make sense it's the only option that's fiscally responsible.  If they plan to sell it, though, that's not OK and will never be Ok.  That's why I have been fine with Splatoon's approach and NOT fine with Battlefront's approach.  Splatoon hasn't had one piece of paid content added since launch and the Amiibo stuff was negligible both in terms of the levels (the same campaign played with a different weapon hardly counts) and the gear (in no way the "best" gear).  Stages, gear, and modes have been free.  Battlefront, on the other hand, is trying to push a season pass almost as expensive as the initial game despite the game being very lacking.  So long as SFV is the former and not the latter, I'll be fine with the $60 tag.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Capcom can't fool me into buying an incomplete game.

^ true that

this game is def not worth full price you cant even fight against ai in versus wtf

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
AsGryffynn said:
Did Capcom just pull an MCC?!

No, MCC launched with story/campaigns.

This is more like Killer Instinct.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'll wait for the game when it's less than $20. Then again, at least they didn't pull a Street Fighter X Tekken with the on disc DLC, lol. Because of that, I still haven't bought SFXT, till this day.

We Got It Covered says the gameplay is phenomenal but gives it an absolutely terrible grade. That's some dumb sh!t!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
toot1231 said:
Lawlight said:
Capcom can't fool me into buying an incomplete game.

^ true that

this game is def not worth full price you cant even fight against ai in versus wtf

I'm not gonna argue whether or not its worth full price. But maybe it should be noted a lot of content is still coming for free.

Personally, I'm fine with this strategy because fans like myself get to enjoy the game now. While people with mild interest in the series can wait as long as they want.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ruler said:

Metacritics opinion is for crap imo, Indies who cost 40€, lack content and are boring (most users agree) like the witness get 90%. Metacritic in general is very biased against Japanese games, Famitsu, 4gamer and other Japanese review sites arent allowed there.

I'm not lockstep with your entire post but most of it is true. Reviewers love to dish out high marks for indy trash. When you pay some of the highly scored games you're left wondering if you bought the right title. But I seriously don't understand how 84/100 is a disappointment.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

AlfredoTurkey said:
Ruler said:

Metacritics opinion is for crap imo, Indies who cost 40€, lack content and are boring (most users agree) like the witness get 90%. Metacritic in general is very biased against Japanese games, Famitsu, 4gamer and other Japanese review sites arent allowed there.

Maybe they're rewarding games that feel fresh in a sea of "samey" software? Indie games, at least the good ones, have that going for them. There's alot more originality and freshness in those games than AAA right now.

Yes, I agree. After playing The Talos Principle and The Witness, both excellent games, I have being completely bored by batman arkham knight a supposedly AAA game. Didn't feel AAA to me. 

I can't image modern gaming without fresh indies now. I play a lot of them.

FentonCrackshell said:
Ruler said:

I'm not lockstep with your entire post but most of it is true. Reviewers love to dish out high marks for indy trash. When you pay some of the highly scored games you're left wondering if you bought the right title. But I seriously don't understand how 84/100 is a disappointment.

84 isn't good enough for boasting I guess.

Honestly, I think some reviewers are too generous with the scores given there isn't a lot of content and gameplay (for the most part) feels like another rehash of IV.

I think critics are generous with indie game reviews because they offer some unique experiences that big publishers aren't really doing. Which is worth something when you consider something like SF hasn't change much since the 90s.

Recently Completed

BraLoD said:
Mr Puggsly said:

84 isn't good enough for boasting I guess.

Honestly, I think some reviewers are too generous with the scores given there isn't a lot of content and gameplay (for the most part) feels like another rehash of IV.

I think critics are generous with indie game reviews because they offer some unique experiences that big publishers aren't really doing. Which is worth something when you consider something like SF hasn't change much since the 90s.

The gameplay is a rehash of IV? WOW, seriously, go watch or read something about IV and V, not even the main shift of the systems are the same, which was defense on IV and is now attack on V.

I said "for the most part" to avoid this discussion.

Recently Completed