By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V Review Thread - MC: 77/ GR: 77.07%

Tagged games:

Wright said:
Bryank75 said:

No but a lot of people were pissed about titanfall and rotr. As it appeared they were certainly money hatted. 

I just stated that o paid above the normal asking price and I am very happ6 with it. Also anyone that has the game on my friends list were also very pleased. Most of the noise is coming from a very vocal minority, people that don't have the game and haven't played it and people not even on the platforms it released on. 

Anyway if people want it to fail so much, might be the last street fighter. 

I wouldn't call it a "vocal minority" the one doing most of the noise. I see a lot of people displeased in Gamespot, Eurogamer or spanish sites like Meristation, aside from the 77 in OpenCritic (which is not a bad score by the way, just lower than everyone expected but for a reason). I would quote Metacritic user reviews, but historically speaking that's full of people without criteria or just plain trolling, so I won't. You also have a good amount of people here which is not happy with SFV's current situation.

No one wants Street Fighter to fail. But people - definitively not a local minority - is disliking this "Early Access" model, priced at 69,99.

Is there anything to prove all these people actually have the game? 

I am saying from the people I can verify have the game, they all seem happy.

Anyone can go on a forum or metacritic and say whatever with no proof. 

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:

Is there anything to prove all the people who apparently enjoy the game aren't simply doing damage control without owning the game?

You could upload a picture holding the game, fair enough. But lack of evidence works whenever we're talking about those anyones in the forums.

And the OpenCritic reviews are all done after playing the game.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Ruler said:

Have you bought it?

Nope, but my friend have it on Steam. I'll probably get it in the future, when all content is released.

So why are you complaining?

Wright said:
Bryank75 said:

Is there anything to prove all the people who apparently enjoy the game aren't simply doing damage control without owning the game?

You could upload a picture holding the game, fair enough. But lack of evidence works whenever we're talking about those anyones in the forums.

I trust the people who like this game more than the haters, the people who spend money on it sure know more what they want than the supposed gamers who are upsett

Ruler said:
Wright said:

I trust the people who like this game more than the haters, the people who spend money on it sure know more what they want than the supposed gamers who are upsett

I approve this message!

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
That doesn't make any sense, SFV isn't the first nor last 3rd party deal Sony has made for PS4. I mean, were PS4 owners really insulted they didn't get to play Ryse?

And there's nothing "entitled" about being unsatisfied with SFV at release. They have all this other content coming for a reason, they know they done goofed.

No but a lot of people were pissed about titanfall and rotr. As it appeared they were certainly money hatted. 

I just stated that o paid above the normal asking price and I am very happ6 with it. Also anyone that has the game on my friends list were also very pleased. Most of the noise is coming from a very vocal minority, people that don't have the game and haven't played it and people not even on the platforms it released on. 

Anyway if people want it to fail so much, might be the last street fighter. 

Well according to many here, games like SFV and Titanfall and ROTR aren't actually moneyhats. So I guess it's all good. And I doubt many people were insulted by Ryse or Dead Rising 3.

I'm glad you paid more than the game is worth (MSRP wise anyway, that is what I took away from your comment, maybe I understood it wrong) and are still happy with it. I hope a lot of people are ok with buying the game in its current state. SF is a good franchise and I'd hate to see not only its future put into doubt but the other great fighters Capcom might make in the future be put into doubt due to one shoddy launch. Your happiness doesn't change reality though.

So you think most of the people bitching have never played the game and never will because they don't own a gaming PC or a PS4, and you also made a thread saying reviewers are biased because the game is a "PS title" (even though it's also on PC). Seems you just have issue with any complaints about SFV. Good luck with your theories though.

Ruler said:

That's because you enjoy the game. People who purchase the game and find a barebones fighting game have all the right to be disappointed. Which again is reflected upon the general critic outlook the game is getting. No one is arguing the game is bad.

Wright said:
Ruler said:

That's because you enjoy the game. People who purchase the game and find a barebones fighting game have all the right to be disappointed. Which again is reflected upon the general critic outlook the game is getting. No one is arguing the game is bad.

I havent bought SF5 because its not my type of 2D fighting game since it went 3D, but i dont aprove the hatetirade which is going on