By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V Review Thread - MC: 77/ GR: 77.07%

Tagged games:

fair scores

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Agree with most peeps here. The foundation of this game and it's core mechanics are frigging awesome. Capcom have really nailed the gameplay and set a solid foundation to build on.

Wasn't going to buy it at launch but the latest beta convinced me to get it day one. The sooner I get it, the sooner I can start earning fight money to unlock stuff.

I really hope they add character customization down the road.

Does anyone know if you can earn fight money via 2 player games and private matches? I mostly play when friends come over or with them but online. We are pretty shit but give each other a good fight. Online with others we just get our asses handed to us.

Good reviews considering the lack of content. it's still close to MK metascore which is still one of the best fighting game this gen.

It's the Splatoon of fighters.

Hm, was expecting this game to get in the 90's easily. Oh well.

Around the Network

Over 80% is good so 84% is doing pretty good in my book.

It's a nice score. It's a shame they couldn't wait to put everything on the vanilla version, but resort to updates later.

BraLoD said:

A shame the history mode wasn't delivered together with the game, even as it'll come as free DLC the game releasing with only that preview mode to the history for each char with cool but static images and dialogue and so short, that game could have been a 90.
Still, it's doing great, that game will be easily over its score soon enough, but it was their choice to release now and avoid that madness later in the year, the story mode also seems great but still missing, so it has to be like that.

Honestly with a game like this I prefer to get it asap even if that means some things like this missing. As long as we get them eventually.

I expected the lukewarm reception. This game is essentially still in beta and got released to the public for full price.

I understand capcom wanting to sell this as a service, but a  service that is requiring full price at the start in an unfinished state is a bit reaching for the consumer.
And its not only the super short story modes, but the roster itself. Way too little.

Nem said:

I expected the lukewarm reception. This game is essentially still in beta and got released to the public for full price.

I understand capcom wanting to sell this as a service, but a  service that is requiring full price at the start in an unfinished state is a bit reaching for the consumer.
And its not only the super short story modes, but the roster itself. Way too little.

The reason this game is releasing so early is the tournament scene. I'm not excusing Capcom but that's the clear reason. They've put a lot of time and money into the Capcom Pro Tour and the tournament season starts in a few weeks. So for a person like me, he lack of inital content is bearable.

For casuals, I'd honestly wait until the March update to pick the game up. I'd be more critical of Capcom, but they've insulated themselves from some of my ire by having most of the content being unlockable for free. The only thing that requires real money is some of the costumes. So unlike the previous game were I was forked out $60 for SFIV, $40 for SSIV, $15 for Arcade Edition, and another $15 for USFIV. I can pay $60 for SFV and unlock everything else with fight money.