By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V Review Thread - MC: 77/ GR: 77.07%

Tagged games:

FentonCrackshell said:
Ruler said:

Metacritics opinion is for crap imo, Indies who cost 40€, lack content and are boring (most users agree) like the witness get 90%. Metacritic in general is very biased against Japanese games, Famitsu, 4gamer and other Japanese review sites arent allowed there.

I'm not lockstep with your entire post but most of it is true. Reviewers love to dish out high marks for indy trash. When you pay some of the highly scored games you're left wondering if you bought the right title. But I seriously don't understand how 84/100 is a disappointment.

back then i thought they only give indies good scores because they were cheaper but ever since the Witness its proven they dont consider the price of a game into the score

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Capcom can't fool me into buying an incomplete game.

Much like Killer Instinct the game will be added in installments of DLC. I believe they said the DLC wont come at an added charge unlike Killer Instinct though.

padib said:
Azzanation said:
No suprise on its reviews. KI was also incomplete and that got hammered hard by reviewers but atleast that was a free game. This isn't and Capcon expect you to wait for the content you paid for. . Why would they let us wait? Why release an unfinished game? Are they planning on making a Ultra SFV edition version with the full game? Even though they stated they won't. . I dont believe them. Im passing for now.

Don't you have to pay for DLC on KI?

The game itself is free, you only pay for the characters or you could buy the Ultra Bundle which includes everything. 

Azzanation said:
padib said:

Don't you have to pay for DLC on KI?

The game itself is free, you only pay for the characters or you could buy the Ultra Bundle which includes everything. 

In other words you have to pay

SF model is superior, as is, unanimously, the game.

Roronaa_chan said:
Azzanation said:

Wait so SFV costs $60 and has the same amount of content as a free to play game, but if you brought all the characters in KI it costs you $40. How is SFV superiour? Especially since you dont have a choice in SFV, you just have to wait and hope for the best Capcon can give you, if they give you it.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Azzanation said:

Personally, i think KI model is better because i can play the entire game with 5$ since i'm only interested in one character.

And SF being better than KI is just an opinion.

Azzanation said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Wait so SFV costs $60 and has the same amount of content as a free to play game, but if you brought all the characters in KI it costs you $40. How is SFV superiour? Especially since you dont have a choice in SFV, you just have to wait and hope for the best Capcon can give you, if they give you it.

KI costs way more than 40 and is going to have less content than the finalised SFV. KI is not free, nice try buddy. It was offered on GWG over 2 years after launching as as paid game. Not only that, it launched at a 40 dollar price with way less characters than SFV.

You don't have to hope for anything, Capcom already gave people a content roadmap before the game launched and all the 2015 content is clearly laid out, as are the ways to obtain DLC.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lawlight said:
Capcom can't fool me into buying an incomplete game.

Much like Killer Instinct the game will be added in installments of DLC. I believe they said the DLC wont come at an added charge unlike Killer Instinct though.

The game is still incomplete though. We don't know when the fee stuff will be coming.

Roronaa_chan said:
Azzanation said:

KI costs way more than 40 and is going to have less content than the finalised SFV. KI is not free, nice try buddy. It was offered on GWG over 2 years after launching as as paid game. Not only that, it launched at a 40 dollar price with way less characters than SFV.

You don't have to hope for anything, Capcom already gave people a content roadmap before the game launched and all the 2015 content is clearly laid out, as are the ways to obtain DLC.

ummm, KI is free to play. You can download the entire game with all the modes for free. You only pay for the characters and accesories but you can buy them individually for 5$ each or 40$ for all of them and there is a free character that changes every week so you can try them all.

DeusXmachina said:

ummm, KI is free to play. You can download the entire game with all the modes for free. You only pay for the characters and accesories but you can buy them individually for 5$ each or 40$ for all of them and there is a free character that changes every week so you can try them all.

So it's not free. You have to pay. That's what I said.