By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Now 7.24mil Sold Lifetime! (ahead of SC+DD)

AlfredoTurkey said:
Paatar said:

So because they do it like that.... We have to? No. We aren't limited to only categorizing it like that. 

All in all it really doesn't matter how we do it. People will do it the way they want to, and you need to accept that and not try to change how they do it.

I will do what I want, and you can do what you want. How's that sound?

That's what I've been saying this whole time... Except replace you with everyone. Let everyone do what they want when categorizing things. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
And this is why Nintendo should continue to not bring third parties to their console - they'll sell more of there own games.

At least you now know there is no point in going third party. You've come a long way! 

Going third party and having third party games on their systems aren't the same thing. Also, the former is happening with them going mobile.

Paatar said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I will do what I want, and you can do what you want. How's that sound?

That's what I've been saying this whole time... Except replace you with everyone. Let everyone do what they want when categorizing things. 

How am I not letting someone do something? Am I an admin, deleteing threads and/or editing them as I see fit? Having an opinion is NOT akin to stopping people from also having theirs. For me, I find it much more logical to break them down in the same way Nintendo, this site and other official sales sources do. It's illogical to ME to do anything else, but that does not mean someone else can't think it is. They won't convince me otherwise, but they're free none the less.

What I don't appreciate is people almost trolling me everytime I say something. It's rude, it's creepy and it's a total waste of time for everyone invovled. Not to mention, it derails the entire thread. I'm sure the OP isn't too happy about it either. It needs to stop.

There needs to be a rule against members following other memebers around and constantly focusing on them in a negative manner just because they don't like them. It's no good for the forum.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

At least you now know there is no point in going third party. You've come a long way! 

Going third party and having third party games on their systems aren't the same thing. Also, the former is happening with them going mobile.

Microsoft and Sony too by your logic. They are still all 1st party studios. 

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Well, MS and Sony makes more than just one platform (phones, PCs or TVs) so it makes sense for them to build for those platforms. Also, again the point is that the lack of third party games on the WiiU is helping the first party games.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Paatar said:

How am I not letting someone do something? Am I an admin, deleteing threads and/or editing them as I see fit? Having an opinion is NOT akin to stopping people from also having theirs. For me, I find it much more logical to break them down in the same way Nintendo, this site and other official sales sources do. It's illogical to ME to do anything else, but that does not mean someone else can't think it is. They won't convince me otherwise, but they're free none the less.

What I don't appreciate is people almost trolling me everytime I say something. It's rude, it's creepy and it's a total waste of time for everyone invovled. Not to mention, it derails the entire thread. I'm sure the OP isn't too happy about it either. It needs to stop.

There needs to be a rule against members following other memebers around and constantly focusing on them in a negative manner just because they don't like them. It's no good for the forum.

Jeez. Calm down. You're blowing this way out of proportion... Lmao

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

ktay95 said:
curl-6 said:
Adios Double Dash!

Goes to show, install base isn't the be-all-end-all factor in a game's sales.

Wii U has half the Gamecube's install base, but still Mario Kart still sold more on the former.

Well MK8 is the better game

Yes, yes it is. >:D

It also helps that the series has grown since the 6th gen. Mario Kart 7 and 8 may not measure up to the sales of Wii and DS editions, but they show that the explosion of the series in the 7th gen didn't just disappear, and has still left it stronger than it was before.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Well, MS and Sony makes more than just one platform (phones, PCs or TVs) so it makes sense for them to build for those platforms. Also, again the point is that the lack of third party games on the WiiU is helping the first party games.

Always making excuses to when something nintendo is positive huh? Well watever floats your boat 

Lawlight said:
And this is why Nintendo should continue to not bring third parties to their console - they'll sell more of there own games.                                     

If those third party games can get people to buy the console means more money for Nintendo. 

Third party games --> More users --> User's buying Nintendo Games. = $$$$ 

NewBeginning said:

Mario Kart 8 has sold a couple million just by virtue of being bundled with the Wii U since September, hasn't it? So the high attach ratio shouldn't come as a surprise. Not to mention the times it has sold with the Wii U prior to the current bundle.

But it was bundled with Splatoon......... Which  A LOT OF PEOPLE thought it was gonna flop  

Well from my retail shop they always make crazy and random bundles for every console besides the Vita. Im not sure if its the same for others though. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mario Kart 8 gives no F's about install base. It's kicking ass and taking names and none shall stop it!!!