By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Now 7.24mil Sold Lifetime! (ahead of SC+DD)

those DLC also helped. I really don't know where the kart series would go. Smash Kart coming on NX. I couldn't think how you could top MK 8. HD Kart with great DLC courses, and very cheap. I think the new MK8 copies are bundled with its DLC.

great sales, and i think it can add around atleast 250k more into its lifetime.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Wyrdness said:

NES, SNES, GB/GBC, DS, 3DS.

These platforms had third party support and first party sales are just as high or even higher not to mention third parties themselves have always used the complaint of first party games being hard to compete with as a reason so I don't get how you've come to the logic that more third party games would decrease the sales of the first party games especially when Nintendo's platforms have always been primarily bought for the latter since their entry as a platform holder.

I don't recall the 3DS getting a lot of 3rd party support.

There it is again, why talk about Nintendo when you don't even know about  Nintendo? 

Wyrdness said:
Lawlight said:

Yet the likes of Square Enix, Capcom, Level 5, Ubisoft, Renegade Kid, Namco, Konami, SEGA, Marvelous AQ, Tecmo, Atlus, Activision and so on all have games on the 3DS and the first party titles have sold more which debunks your earlier statement.

Honestly... Nothing a third party has on 3DS is up to par with Nintendo's own games. The only exception would be Capcom's Monster Hunter, which is just SO GOOD. But as great as other games such as SMT IV, or Tales Of The Abyss are... They just can't compete.

Wii U is another story, the few third parties have games in genres that Nintendo really doesn't (Deus Ex, Minecraft, Warriors, Need For Speed, etc). And those who are up to par with Nintendo's are rare. Maybe Rayman Legends, and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, since Monster Hunter has no competition from a first party title.

OY: MK 8 "snatching wigs" as someone posted in the game's comment section. I haven't gotten it yet, someday. Hopefully the online community will remain active by then.

Lawlight said:
Wyrdness said:

NES, SNES, GB/GBC, DS, 3DS.

These platforms had third party support and first party sales are just as high or even higher not to mention third parties themselves have always used the complaint of first party games being hard to compete with as a reason so I don't get how you've come to the logic that more third party games would decrease the sales of the first party games especially when Nintendo's platforms have always been primarily bought for the latter since their entry as a platform holder.

Western. For Japanese big third party support is still the main platform.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Kuksenkov said:

Honestly... Nothing a third party has on 3DS is up to par with Nintendo's own games. The only exception would be Capcom's Monster Hunter, which is just SO GOOD. But as great as other games such as SMT IV, or Tales Of The Abyss are... They just can't compete.

Wii U is another story, the few third parties have games in genres that Nintendo really doesn't (Deus Ex, Minecraft, Warriors, Need For Speed, etc). And those who are up to par with Nintendo's are rare. Maybe Rayman Legends, and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, since Monster Hunter has no competition from a first party title.

OY: MK 8 "snatching wigs" as someone posted in the game's comment section. I haven't gotten it yet, someday. Hopefully the online community will remain active by then.

Third party games on par with Nintendo's games are rare on any platform. ;)

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
Lawlight said:

In Japan, 3DS has the best 3rd party support. Which is why people dodge comparing PS4 to it lol.

Oh, so it's Japan only?