By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Now 7.24mil Sold Lifetime! (ahead of SC+DD)

Puppyroach said:
Now pass SNES version! This game has an insane attach rate.

Heck, why stop there? N64 version, you better watch out :-O

Around the Network

This is probably one of the biggest surprised of 2016 so far. I expected it to be at 6.5m or something, not above 7m so soon! That's quite a feat on such a small base. It might actually surpass Super Mario Kart's sales!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I remember predicting that this game would sell around 8m LT, and I think it's safe to say now that it will surpass my expectations. A pretty remarkable result, considering the Wii U's state. Wonder when/if it'll pass Super Mario Kart.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Damn the tie-ratio is insane for this game!

Pretty impressive, considering it was going to sell 1,99m with luck haha.

Around the Network
Paatar said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

And for those who like to break them down correctly.

Just because it isn't in the format you prefer, doesn't mean it's incorrect. Stop. 

If Nintendo themselves seperate the two in sales reports, then I will too.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html

AlfredoTurkey said:
Paatar said:

Just because it isn't in the format you prefer, doesn't mean it's incorrect. Stop. 

That makes no sense, the link you provided simply shows the top 10 from each platform, what does that have to do with comparing a game to other entries in the franchise?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

That makes no sense, the link you provided simply shows the top 10 from each platform, what does that have to do with comparing a game to other entries in the franchise?

If Nintendo completely seperates the two devices in sales reports (they do) then obviously that's the way they want the world to view their products. I agree with them as well and provided it in this thread for those who prefer it. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

If Nintendo completely seperates the two devices in sales reports (they do) then obviously that's the way they want the world to view their products. I agree with them as well and provided it in this thread for those who prefer it. 

The link you showed also separated Wii from Wii U & DS from 3DS so by your logic we can't compare anything.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

lmao, shame on you Double Dash, you had a bigger install base than the Wii U will ever have and you still managed to sell less than 8... milions *runs away*