By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Now 7.24mil Sold Lifetime! (ahead of SC+DD)

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If Nintendo completely seperates the two devices in sales reports (they do) then obviously that's the way they want the world to view their products. I agree with them as well and provided it in this thread for those who prefer it. 

The link you showed also separated Wii from Wii U & DS from 3DS so by your logic we can't compare anything.

The way they are listing their software is per device, not overall. I would assume that if they wanted the handhelds and consoles software to be lumped together, you would see "top 10 best selling software" and there wouldn't be totally seperate tabs on their website. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

The link you showed also separated Wii from Wii U & DS from 3DS so by your logic we can't compare anything.

The way they are listing their software is per device, not overall. I would assume that if they wanted the handhelds and consoles software to be lumped together, you would see "top 10 best selling software" and there wouldn't be totally seperate tabs on their website. 

You are contradicting yourself, Wii is separated from Wii U so by your logic we can't even compare home consoles to one another.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

You are contradicting yourself, Wii is separated from Wii U so by your logic we can't even compare home consoles to one another.

The point is still there. Nintendo seperates software sales by device. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
Paatar said:

Just because it isn't in the format you prefer, doesn't mean it's incorrect. Stop. 

If Nintendo themselves seperate the two in sales reports, then I will too.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html

You can if you want, I'm not saying don't. I'm just saying just because it isn't the way you prefer, doesn't mean someone elses way is wrong. If it bothers you that much, make the threads yourself before others.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If Nintendo themselves seperate the two in sales reports, then I will too.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html

You can if you want, I'm not saying don't. I'm just saying just because it isn't the way you prefer, doesn't mean someone elses way is wrong. If it bothers you that much, make the threads yourself before others.

Considering these games are Nintendo's and Nintendo presents them seperately, I'd say that's the way they want us to organize and compare them. 

Around the Network

Just wants to point out that Wii U's installbase was not a problem for these sales.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spurgeonryan said:
I am mainly happy for it passing the GC. That is a black mark on Nintendos history and the Wii U, another black mark has surpassed it. Now if only the Wii U can end up around the GC it will be wonderful!

The Gamecube is probably Nintendo's best system of all time next to the SNES so I'm not sure why anything related to it should be considered a 'black mark'

also its extremely unlikely the Wii U gets that close the Gamecube in hardware sales

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

who caresss

by your logic we can't 'compare' software sales of Nintendo versus Sony simply because the corporate ladders don't openly release data with it displayed

stop being so uptight and silly.

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

So once again by your logic we can't compare the software sales of any device to the software sales of any other device because Nintendo seperates them, so your "fixed" list is incorrect as well because we can't compare Wii U to SNES/N64/GC/Wii.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

• Wii Sports

82.72 million pcs.

• Mario Kart Wii

36.53 million pcs.

• Wii Sports Resort

32.87 million pcs.

• New Super Mario Bros. Wii

29.51 million pcs.

• Wii Play

28.02 million pcs.

• Wii Fit

22.67 million pcs.