By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

Would you quite Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

yes 197 44.57%

no 245 55.43%

Total:442
StarOcean said:

I actually am OCD XD I cannot tell you how tempted I've been to buy a second Vita just so a can have one with my physical games and some with my digital games :P

If it makes you feel better, I've re-bought games just because the box or the disc got a small, tiny scratch. I've managed to overcome this OCD, but it still triggers my inner fears whenever I spot one in a game. xD

Around the Network
Wright said:
StarOcean said:

I actually am OCD XD I cannot tell you how tempted I've been to buy a second Vita just so a can have one with my physical games and some with my digital games :P

If it makes you feel better, I've re-bought games just because the box or the disc got a small, tiny scratch. I've managed to overcome this OCD, but it still triggers my inner fears whenever I spot one in a game. xD

Ive had that problem! It mainly stemmed from my used FFX disc. The game played perfect until midway through and then the disc wouldnt let me go any further without the game going completely black and crashing. Ever since, Ive been super cautious about discs x.x

StarOcean said:
LivingMetal said:
StarOcean said:
I wouldn't quit. My problem isnt digital as it is the way games can be played on a system. Like for example, I love the PSP Go, its a digital only system. And I love the DS which is physical only. However I'm annoyed with the Vita that has exclusive physical and exclusive digital only games x~x If I'm going to be forced to do digital I want it ONLY digital, no physical option at all. Dunno if thatll make any sense to people XD

You're OCD.  Welcome to the club.

This is something I cannot phanthom...

Probably not, as long as the games are good and decently priced..

Probably would have to buy an external harddrive though so that is a bit annoying

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

No, but I wouldn't purchase most games at full price ever.

Around the Network

I probably wouldn't quit, but I'd probably be less enthusiastic about gaming overall with the collecting factor gone.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

BasilZero said:
poklane said:

Those are €60, which I find perfectly acceptable since that's the normal price for physical games.

No - I meant your comment about selling your console XD.

You wont be able to get first party titles on PC lol

I'd probably sacrifice them.

Probably would still buy a title or two per year that really interests me. But surely my interest would diminish considerably.

Yes and it wouldn't even be a question. There are many reasons why I play physical games but the most logical one of them all has to do with having total control over the media I purchase. Digital games are a one time, non refundable, non transferable purchase which can not be sold or given away to someone else unless the entire console goes with it along with your user name and account. That is something that I just can't get behind when you have the physical copy 15 min away at a store for the same price.

So if that option ever leaves? If I can't buy physical copies anymore? I'm out because then the thing I loved the most becomes more bad than good for me. At that point, it's an abusive relationship. Some of you may choose to take the abuse because the sex is so good. Me? I'd rather fuck something else.

Yes I would.

I've already halfway quit it already.

I LOVE ICELAND!