By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

Would you quite Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

yes 197 44.57%

no 245 55.43%

Total:442

I would probably quit console gaming and switch to PC. The recent batch of PS2 games that were brought to PS4 showed me once again that buying digital on a console is a really bad idea.

I bought Twisted Metal: Black digitally on PS3 and the physical version on PS2. In other words i already own a linsence for the game. But now they expect me to shell out money once again to play it on PS4.

Though i prefer physical, it's the reason i switched from PC to PS4 only.

Around the Network

I would almost certainly quit console gaming ...

I look up to those platforms because they come with a lot less BS but going all digital is asking for issues ...

Hasn't been a problem for me on PC. I can get used to it on console.

4 ≈ One

I wouldn't quit. My problem isnt digital as it is the way games can be played on a system. Like for example, I love the PSP Go, its a digital only system. And I love the DS which is physical only. However I'm annoyed with the Vita that has exclusive physical and exclusive digital only games x~x If I'm going to be forced to do digital I want it ONLY digital, no physical option at all. Dunno if thatll make any sense to people XD

BasilZero said:
poklane said:
If the PS4/XB1 would suddenly become digital only while not changing their current digital policies (€70 for new AAA 3rd party games, no refund policy) I'd sell my console and get a good gaming PC.

But what about the first party titles? :o

Those are €60, which I find perfectly acceptable since that's the normal price for physical games.

Around the Network

Game prices would have to come down.
I refuse to pay anywhere near the same amount, for a digital copy of a game.

Not really, but it would be pretty sad.

I like physical stuff, I'm a collector, so it would be disappointing to me if games went digital only. But the most important thing is, and always will be, the game itself. So... I wouldn't quit gaming.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I wouldn't quit, but i wouldn't be buying any games at full price, that's for sure.

StarOcean said:
I wouldn't quit. My problem isnt digital as it is the way games can be played on a system. Like for example, I love the PSP Go, its a digital only system. And I love the DS which is physical only. However I'm annoyed with the Vita that has exclusive physical and exclusive digital only games x~x If I'm going to be forced to do digital I want it ONLY digital, no physical option at all. Dunno if thatll make any sense to people XD

You're OCD.  Welcome to the club.

LivingMetal said:
StarOcean said:

You're OCD.  Welcome to the club.

I actually am OCD XD I cannot tell you how tempted I've been to buy a second Vita just so a can have one with my physical games and some with my digital games :P