By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

Would you quite Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

yes 197 44.57%

no 245 55.43%

Total:442
BasilZero said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It'll work longer than either of us will.

l0l

Yeah, NES cartridges and the NES system are immortal - dat nintendo seal of quality yo.

Maitenance includes blowing into cartridge every 6 months. Gently caress cartridge with your tongue nightly and it will never ever break on you

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

A lot more of my money would go retro, that's for sure. I wouldn't quit playing altogether, but I would wait for sales. No pre-orders...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Nope. I already buy a proportion of my games digitally. Whether it be via PSN+ monthly "free" games. Or because there are specials on the PSN store / Steam.

I never buy new release games digitally because new release games are always cheaper to buy physical for PS4. And I have never bought a new release PC game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm planning on going full digital on the NX and I already have 56 games on Steam, so it doesn't make a difference for me =P

StarOcean said:
I wouldn't quit. My problem isnt digital as it is the way games can be played on a system. Like for example, I love the PSP Go, its a digital only system. And I love the DS which is physical only. However I'm annoyed with the Vita that has exclusive physical and exclusive digital only games x~x If I'm going to be forced to do digital I want it ONLY digital, no physical option at all. Dunno if thatll make any sense to people XD

Wait, really? I thought there was a rule that they have to release the game on psn too. Any games come to mind?

Around the Network
naruball said:
StarOcean said:
I wouldn't quit. My problem isnt digital as it is the way games can be played on a system. Like for example, I love the PSP Go, its a digital only system. And I love the DS which is physical only. However I'm annoyed with the Vita that has exclusive physical and exclusive digital only games x~x If I'm going to be forced to do digital I want it ONLY digital, no physical option at all. Dunno if thatll make any sense to people XD

Wait, really? I thought there was a rule that they have to release the game on psn too. Any games come to mind?

Well, there are some Vita games you have to import as physical version, because they aren't in your local PSN region.

No I made my peace with full digital in the past years and I actually prefer it to physical media. I have a big physical collection of games. But its just simpler and easier to have it all digital.
As long as you can play offline I am fine with it.

I would quit gaming as a hobby (as in playing several hours a week, buying several games a month) and just play for the odd Halo, Gears or Mass Effect title every now and then.

I'm primarily a PC gamer so no, it's OK even though I'm not a big fan. Without PC, I'd have to seriously consider the possibility though.

I would keep on buying them. In fact I would buy more of them because digital games are a cheaper option for me.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"