By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

Would you quite Modern Gaming if its Digital Only?

yes 197 44.57%

no 245 55.43%

Total:442
BasilZero said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
BasilZero said:

That will eventually stop working as all old hardware units have a end life to them.

It'll work longer than either of us will.

l0l

Yeah, NES cartridges and the NES system are immortal - dat nintendo seal of quality yo.

I said they'll last longer than we will, not eternity.

Around the Network

People wouldn't quit gaming but would defiantly make less purchases.

I would probably play less but wouldn't quit!  

I like digital because it lasts forever. You just log into your account on your xbox 100 and you have your games from xbox one with backwards cap.

while physical disc's can get:
- scratched,
- fractured*my dam assassin creed syndicate got fractured by taking it out of box!!!!* and
- lost
- stolen.

If there wasn't a refund policy (like on steam) and they were just as expensive as ever then I'd stop buying new games. I'd just play older games or F2P.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I voted "yes," since it's closer to the truth than "no" would be.

I buy multiple dozens of games every year and have done so for a very long time. If gaming went digital-only, I would buy extremely few. I would want to buy zero, but I can't walk away from things like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

I could walk away from over 95% of them, though.

My simple question to those who would is "Do you play the game or the Box?*
Google what a video game is and what its meant to do and you will find your anwser there.

Yes.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Conina said:
Over 40% of you would stop playing modern games, if there is no retail version? Yeah, right!

A lot of you would cave in, when the new game of your favorite series gets release. Most of the rest would cave in, when 3 - 5 new games of your favorite series are only available as digital versions.

I would stop buying modern games, if they are digital only I'm not paying a penny for them, but if there are ways to play them for free then I will.

I just want to have fun, I don't care if game is physical or digital or mental, but I am selling my physical Carmageddon (PC, 1997) sealed big box on ebay for only 149.99 usd, please buy my product.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.