By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight princess HD actually looks a lot better

DevilRising said:
The textures look fantastic. I just wish they would have put a LITTLE work into upping the poly count, to smooth out the models some.

but they did thatl, look 

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:
Qwark said:
Sony remade Ratchet and Clank and no one bats an eye Nintendo remakes TP and everyone loses their mind. It's a good remake of s title which looks playable again, but it sure as hell isn't a graphical wonder of any sort just like the Gears remaster, Uncharted remasters or even Tomb Raider 2013 and GTA 5 next gen edition. Which are considered lazy ports.

Stop.

STAHP

Are you really saying, first off, no one was hyped or impressed by the Ratchet & Clank announcement? Playstation fans or gamers in general? This game is being "reimagined" as they said, to introduce different story and gameplay mechanics that wasn't in the first one. Its not only going look different its going to be different.

Twighlight Princess HD is a remaster, which when you call it a remake and compare it to Rachet & Clank befuddles me because you clearly know the difference when you later highlight other remasters.

Speaking of the other remasters, I don't know what you are talking about. The main issue people had with Uncharted was that therewas no multiplayer period. Sure you can defend this by saying people don't play Uncharted for the multiplayer or this, that, and the third, but that is still a huge amount of content removed, the type of content that's going to be in Uncharted 4, which apparently no one will play (because you know who plays Uncharted for the multiplayer? Why is it even in the game to begin with amirite?) If you go by the justification of what Sony said about splitting the multiplayer fanbase, why not at least include one of the three? Regardless personally I don't care either way, but that was the huge point of contention there regardless of the level of revamped visuals, which were praised by reviewers.

Gears I think it was because the campaign ran at 30 FPS or something right? The issue people had with this and perhaps Uncharted if resolution or framrate were an issue there because it was expected that the console themeselves were presumed to have the power to have it at 1080/60FPS for remasters. That's really up to the issues people's assumptions of the console's power in that front rather than what the effort put int the remaster itself.

I never checked on Tomb Raider and literally never heard GTAV be considered a lazy port until just now

First off all the playstation 4 hasn't called the remaster station for no reason. PS4 has no gamez remember, even when ut had more support than others. As for comparing Zelda TP with R&C for as far as I care I still pay 60 bugs for both possibly 40 for R&C. If I choose a remaster let's say the Infamous God of War III  (which was lazy as fuck) remaster. I at least got 60fps and it looks better same goes for the last of us, which where both available for 40/45 bugs.

As for better remasters Tomb Raider PS4 had much better graphics, depth of view, a way more natural looking Lara and hair physics. GTA 5 on PS4 maximises the system, those remakes also did cost 60 bugs but they added a next gen experience. I don't see how this game does. Yes it looks better, but for 60 bugs you might expect more, most devs have the decency to ask 40 bugs for a single game unless it looks next gen.

In general remasters aren't loved and why isn't Zelda SS in this deal, the halo (very good remade/remaster hybrid) and Uncharted remaster we got three games or more.They said they made WW HD in 6 months so time couldn't be that much of a factor. So what's the fuzz with TP remastered, it is pretty well done, although a polygon update couldn't hurt.

As for Uncharted MP you got acces to the Uncharted 4 MP bèta to compensate the loss. I hate the fact I can't play Uncharted 2/3 in 3D though. Uncharted MP like TLOU MP is fun but nothing special.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Dravenet7 said:

Stop.

STAHP

Are you really saying, first off, no one was hyped or impressed by the Ratchet & Clank announcement? Playstation fans or gamers in general? This game is being "reimagined" as they said, to introduce different story and gameplay mechanics that wasn't in the first one. Its not only going look different its going to be different.

Twighlight Princess HD is a remaster, which when you call it a remake and compare it to Rachet & Clank befuddles me because you clearly know the difference when you later highlight other remasters.

Speaking of the other remasters, I don't know what you are talking about. The main issue people had with Uncharted was that therewas no multiplayer period. Sure you can defend this by saying people don't play Uncharted for the multiplayer or this, that, and the third, but that is still a huge amount of content removed, the type of content that's going to be in Uncharted 4, which apparently no one will play (because you know who plays Uncharted for the multiplayer? Why is it even in the game to begin with amirite?) If you go by the justification of what Sony said about splitting the multiplayer fanbase, why not at least include one of the three? Regardless personally I don't care either way, but that was the huge point of contention there regardless of the level of revamped visuals, which were praised by reviewers.

Gears I think it was because the campaign ran at 30 FPS or something right? The issue people had with this and perhaps Uncharted if resolution or framrate were an issue there because it was expected that the console themeselves were presumed to have the power to have it at 1080/60FPS for remasters. That's really up to the issues people's assumptions of the console's power in that front rather than what the effort put int the remaster itself.

I never checked on Tomb Raider and literally never heard GTAV be considered a lazy port until just now

First off all the playstation 4 hasn't called the remaster station for no reason. PS4 has no gamez remember, even when ut had more support than others. As for comparing Zelda TP with R&C for as far as I care I still pay 60 bugs for both possibly 40 for R&C. If I choose a remaster let's say the Infamous God of War III  (which was lazy as fuck) remaster. I at least got 60fps and it looks better same goes for the last of us, which where both available for 40/45 bugs.

As for better remasters Tomb Raider PS4 had much better graphics, depth of view, a way more natural looking Lara and hair physics. GTA 5 on PS4 maximises the system, those remakes also did cost 60 bugs but they added a next gen experience. I don't see how this game does. Yes it looks better, but for 60 bugs you might expect more, most devs have the decency to ask 40 bugs for a single game unless it looks next gen.

In general remasters aren't loved and why isn't Zelda SS in this deal, the halo (very good remade/remaster hybrid) and Uncharted remaster we got three games or more.They said they made WW HD in 6 months so time couldn't be that much of a factor. So what's the fuzz with TP remastered, it is pretty well done, although a polygon update couldn't hurt.

As for Uncharted MP you got acces to the Uncharted 4 MP bèta to compensate the loss. I hate the fact I can't play Uncharted 2/3 in 3D though. Uncharted MP like TLOU MP is fun but nothing special.

Document me calling the PS4 the remasterstation 4, or saying that any of the three consoles at any time has no games. This has no merit here. All the consoles were said to have no games during times they were rolling out games. Frankly doesn't make sense to bring up.

What you care to pay for TP or R&C doesn't interest me in the slightest. Objectively, one is a remaster, is a remake/reimagining. The latter is going to have much more substantial changes and will be priced as a new game because it is. TPHD is $60 including the amiibo. It is less without it. Get the game seperately if that is an issue.

Please stop with 'next gen' this and 'next gen' that.  Its no longer 2013-14. Additionally, its been clear that a game on Wii U isn't going to match a game that "maximizes the system", the PS4. And again, get the game without the amiibo. Its significantly cheaper.

Two reasons, Skyward Sword probably isn't together. TP is on average longer than all 3 GoW games and is also longer than all three Uncharted games. Uncharted's is also not 3 full games as I have said before, so this comparison is a irrelavent. Second reason is Skyward Sword plays very differently from Twilight Princess. Its a different artstlye and a very different gameplay mechanics.

Wind Waker HD was made by Nintendo itself. Twilight Princess HD is made by Tanatalus. Nintendo is busy making another Zelda game. Also there is a polygon update. Its shown in the video in the post right above yours

Access to a beta is for a limited time. That is not 'compensation', that is an advertisement for Uncharted 4. Downplaying the multiplayer doesn't change the fact that significant content is no longer a part of the games.

Goodnightmoon said:

1- The game needed an update because is so blurry is hard to play

The GC/Wii versions aren't unplayable blurry mess you make them out to be.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
Goodnightmoon said:

1- The game needed an update because is so blurry is hard to play

Is not unplayable but is kind of an unpleasent experience on modern TVs.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
TomaTito said:

My Wii version plays fine on both WiiU(hdmi)/SonyKDL-50W656 and Wii(component)/SamsungUE55C7000 setups.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Goodnightmoon said:
TomaTito said:

That's a personal issue. I happily play old stuff on my HDTV. I even use a VCR with it. I have no problem watching lower res stuff. Are you gonna turn on 1080p content, when 4k becomes a norm?

archer9234 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That's a personal issue. I happily play old stuff on my HDTV. I even use a VCR with it. I have no problem watching lower res stuff. Are you gonna turn on 1080p content, when 4k becomes a norm?

But not all low resolution stuff is the same, SS looks fine, Mario Galaxy looks fine, Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Smas Bros Melee, Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc etc, they look kind of fine (blurry and jaggies everywhere but fine), however TP is one of those games that already looked blurry then and now is just terrible to watch.

Well, I wanted to play TP today, so I inserted my TP Wii version on my WiiU. And I must say my eyes hurt a lot. It looks like shit on modern TVs. It's too blurry, low-res, and in general ugly to watch. So I'd encouraged people who didn't have the opportunity to play the game to give the remake a try. It's obviously better.

Seems like a pretty minor upgrade to me, but I'll get the full picture when I actually buy it. I've been wanting to play this in HD ever since I finished the GC version, but emulators are way too buggy to be enjoyable. Great game though, can't wait to play through it again.