By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight princess HD actually looks a lot better

i think this is already posted.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:

I finished TP HD on Dolphin three-four years ago, why should I be excited now? WW HD doesn't looks like a gamecube game. TPHD looks like gamecube game pretend to be HD.

Windwaker and Skyward Sword styles perfect fit with high resolution. Why they chosen ugly Princess for remastering?

1- The game needed an update because is so blurry is hard to play
2- The game is already 10 years old
3- Is the 30th anniversary of zelda and TP is the best selling zelda ever

True, also I am pretty sure we will have SS HD on NX.

Sony remade Ratchet and Clank and no one bats an eye Nintendo remakes TP and everyone loses their mind. It's a good remake of s title which looks playable again, but it sure as hell isn't a graphical wonder of any sort just like the Gears remaster, Uncharted remasters or even Tomb Raider 2013 and GTA 5 next gen edition. Which are considered lazy ports.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:

I finished TP HD on Dolphin three-four years ago, why should I be excited now? WW HD doesn't looks like a gamecube game. TPHD looks like gamecube game pretend to be HD.

Windwaker and Skyward Sword styles perfect fit with high resolution. Why they chosen ugly Princess for remastering?

>1- The game needed an update because is so blurry is hard to play

The game needed full remake on Zelda U engine with improvement lighting and models.

>2- The game is already 10 years old

And it looks like ass even in HD.

>3- Is the 30th anniversary of zelda and TP is the best selling zelda ever

Why even bother to rerelease it on Wii U then? Skyward Sword is most underrated 3D Zelda.

Boberkun said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:

>1- The game needed an update because is so blurry is hard to play

The game needed full remake on Zelda U engine with improvement lighting and models.

>2- The game is already 10 years old

And it looks like ass even in HD.

>3- Is the 30th anniversary of zelda and TP is the best selling zelda ever

Why even bother to rerelease it on Wii U then? Skyward Sword is most underrated 3D Zelda.

You and so many people dont seem to realize the fact that doing a complete remake of a game like Twilight Princess would require the investment of a AAA game just for a remake and the work of an entire Nintendo studio (instead of a little third party studio). Some of you want Nintendo to waste all that money and time in a simple remake instead of doing another game with that money and time, I dont.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Sony remade Ratchet and Clank and no one bats an eye Nintendo remakes TP and everyone loses their mind. It's a good remake of s title which looks playable again, but it sure as hell isn't a graphical wonder of any sort just like the Gears remaster, Uncharted remasters or even Tomb Raider 2013 and GTA 5 next gen edition. Which are considered lazy ports.

Stop.

STAHP

Are you really saying, first off, no one was hyped or impressed by the Ratchet & Clank announcement? Playstation fans or gamers in general? This game is being "reimagined" as they said, to introduce different story and gameplay mechanics that wasn't in the first one. Its not only going look different its going to be different.

Twighlight Princess HD is a remaster, which when you call it a remake and compare it to Rachet & Clank befuddles me because you clearly know the difference when you later highlight other remasters.

Speaking of the other remasters, I don't know what you are talking about. The main issue people had with Uncharted was that therewas no multiplayer period. Sure you can defend this by saying people don't play Uncharted for the multiplayer or this, that, and the third, but that is still a huge amount of content removed, the type of content that's going to be in Uncharted 4, which apparently no one will play (because you know who plays Uncharted for the multiplayer? Why is it even in the game to begin with amirite?) If you go by the justification of what Sony said about splitting the multiplayer fanbase, why not at least include one of the three? Regardless personally I don't care either way, but that was the huge point of contention there regardless of the level of revamped visuals, which were praised by reviewers.

Gears I think it was because the campaign ran at 30 FPS or something right? The issue people had with this and perhaps Uncharted if resolution or framrate were an issue there because it was expected that the console themeselves were presumed to have the power to have it at 1080/60FPS for remasters. That's really up to the issues people's assumptions of the console's power in that front rather than what the effort put int the remaster itself.

I never checked on Tomb Raider and literally never heard GTAV be considered a lazy port until just now

HoloDust said:

Looks better compared to what?

Wii/GC? Most certainly.

Compared to Dolphin with texture packs? Mixed bag, depends on area and subjective preference of particular textures.

Compared to remake those guys are working on in Ishiiruka Dolphin fork with custom improvements? One would expect Nintendo at least making it that good, but alas....

looks cool too

collint0101 said:
am i the only one that thinks the hosts feel really fake and artificial? its honestly kind of distracting. aside from that yeah the new textures look great

They were very annoying. They didnt show the game very well aswell. They acted like they were entertainers in a bad TV show. It was very difficult to watch.

Kennel83 said:
HoloDust said:
Kennel83 said:
I can't understand how can people compare dolphin with this tp hd. What are the specs needed to play that game on dolphin? Aren't they far higher than a wii u? It's like comparing a beetle with a bmw. I think the game looks great, though I still hate the tree models in hyrule field, god they look awful even in hd xD

Learning how emulators work and why such (relatively) powerful PCs are needed to accurately emulate old hardware would go a long way in helping you understand that.

There are plenty of games on WiiU that look much, much better than this TP HD remaster or even Dolphin - comparing remaster with Dolphin versions is to show how little effort Nintendo has actually put into it.

Well, could you explain to me if the specs needed to perfectly emulate TP in Dolphin are actually higher than a wii u or not? Because as I´m no expert I would love to know it. All I know is what I´ve read on forums, and it looks like there needs to be a powerful computer to play the games. I would love to replay Xenoblade Chronicles with all the packs installed, but as my laptop is six years old I read it was useless for this. 

Actually, we agree on this topic, I also think this wasn´t the best remaster of the world, and I agree that they could have done a lot better than this, but I don´t know how lazy they´ve been with this. 

But as you seem to know the answer, wouldn´t it be easier to remaster TP with a powerful pc rather than for the wii u? Or is it more like how much time and effort they put into the game? Is it hardware related or time/effort related? I´ve always wondered this kind of things :P

Yes, the specs are higher - not as high as some might expect though - Dolphin is (mostly) 2 core beast and high clock Intel CPU is required for smooth sailing (due to much better IPC than AMD's CPUs), but that means $60 Pentium G3260 slightly overclocked will more than suffice...$350-400 rig is quite enough honestly.

This is of course much faster than WiiU...but said PC actually has to emulate Wii. WiiU on the other hand does not...I'm not sure what was last concensus on WiiU's architecture, but, IIRC, it pretty much has TEVs from Wii, CPU is more or less upgraded Wii's CPU, so this is why backward compatibility is so easy. There are actually no technical obstacles for this remaster to have much better geometry and lighting.

So, yeah, in the end, it is indeed lack of effort on their part...it is not fully unexpected however, proper TP remaster would require much more work than WW, and they obvisouly don't think they have to do it in order to sell TP HD.

The textures look fantastic. I just wish they would have put a LITTLE work into upping the poly count, to smooth out the models some. Doesn't have to be 8th gen levels. But smooth them out a BIT. I guess it's ultimately a non-issue, but honestly, it's a little distracting to play a "remake" that looks like a GC game with sharper textures. The blockiness still stands out, these days. The game looked amazing for 2006, especially for GC hardware. It's just aged considering it's now 2016.