By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: GFK (Nintendo client) leaks Nintendo's next gen system info and WSJ Rumor: NX to "work with" PS4, smartphones, PC

Wyrdness said:
What's wrong with 900p, that's what X1 outputs? A home console at that power could be sold for a competitive price, after all they admitted the Wii U is well above the price they'd normally consider.

Even WiiU can output 1080p/60fps, it obviously depends on the game.

Found this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736354

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

The console may not have the best specs but decent ones to ensure ease of game compatibility between the NX portable and NX console. If there's too big of a gap in specs between the two then sharing games between them is likely hard.

So that might explain why Nintendo would go with possibly a somewhat weaker (for 2016/17 standards) console.

Mnementh said:
Wyrdness said:
What's wrong with 900p, that's what X1 outputs? A home console at that power could be sold for a competitive price, after all they admitted the Wii U is well above the price they'd normally consider.

Even WiiU can output 1080p/60fps, it obviously depends on the game.

Found this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736354

When Wii U was being released the games around were PS3 and 360 games though so it'd obviously run those at 1080p/60fps, MH3U is also an enhanced port of a 3DS game, 900p/60fps with the games today is a different ball park altogether.

Wyrdness said:

The X1 would be 3 years older than the NX.

Lawlight said:
Wyrdness said:

The X1 would be 3 years older than the NX.

And?

Around the Network

Emily Rogers (@emi1yrogers on twitter) seem to think that this is a real survey, and she's had correct insider info before. That makes me less sure that this is fake.

Regarding the 900p/60fps thing; could this maybe be some sort of average of what the machine could do? Maybe it'll do 1080p with the cloud or that sublimentary boosting device their patents talked about a while ago?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

V-r0cK said:
If true:

Sensor bar? So motion control is still a big part of it. I wont be liking it as motion control games arent my forte.

A lot of the new "leaked" rumors are indicating a NX home and handheld console. I was hoping more of a hybrid of it being a handheld that you can hook up onto your TV and play with a controller, like the PSP/PSP Go and forgo the whole remote play-like feature.

I'm really hoping the sensor bar is just something to do with a wireless controller, but a traditional one.

I have been waiting and waiting since the Gamecube for another regular home Nintendo console. They are just shooting themselves in the foot if they release yet another gimmicky motion control thing. and I know the Wii U doesn't really have much of any motion control, but the ridiculous tablet controller is just nuts for the traditional casual gamer and Nintendo fan

love the company but if they don't do a regular controller then I won't be buying. its sort of annoying though, I feel as if a LOT of fans just want a decent spec system with a traditional controller. it would most likely help sales to go this route

AlfredoTurkey said:

If that's going to be the case, it's going to be very hard to convince people to buy both products. Part of what made the Gameboy line and original DS so interesting was because it was unique. The Gamboy Advance was a SNES on steroids in an era of full 3D games on home consoles. Metroid Fusion worked so well because it was so different from Metroid Prime. Consumers had reason enough to buy both products. If Nintendo tries to sell two systems that are exactly the same with portability being the only difference between the two? I don't think that's going to give consumers enough incentive. 

I disagree completely. That's literally what sells Apple products that use iOS. Many people on multiple hardware skews for that exact reason.  I think it will be a major selling point for both. 

ZhugeEX said:

Ok. Lets clear this up.

1. GfK is not a client of Nintendo. It is the other way around, Nintendo is a client of GfK
2. GfK are a market research company.
3. This is a real survey sent out to people that asks hypothetical questions about Nintendo in the future.
4. There are other questions in this survey about other hypothetical features such as disc drive or streaming services.
5. This is not a survey commissioned by Nintendo. GfK also would not have access to this sort of info.
6. The slide in the OP shouldn't be taken as confirmation of anything. Especially as some of the 'specs' contradict each other. For example 900p is not a spec, it's a design choice.
7. Specs for the Nintendo NX are likely already confirmed at this point. But again GfK would not have access to this and this is just their own survey on the console market that they've put out. 

Of course no one will read this post at all...... I wonder why I bother sometimes. 

Thanks. The 900p part was o_O

It didn't fit.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spemanig said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If that's going to be the case, it's going to be very hard to convince people to buy both products. Part of what made the Gameboy line and original DS so interesting was because it was unique. The Gamboy Advance was a SNES on steroids in an era of full 3D games on home consoles. Metroid Fusion worked so well because it was so different from Metroid Prime. Consumers had reason enough to buy both products. If Nintendo tries to sell two systems that are exactly the same with portability being the only difference between the two? I don't think that's going to give consumers enough incentive. 

I disagree completely. That's literally what sells Apple products that use iOS. Many people on multiple hardware skews for that exact reason.  I think it will be a major selling point for both. 

I don't think Apple and Nintendo have enough in common to make that comparison. Totally different industries and products.