By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: GFK (Nintendo client) leaks Nintendo's next gen system info and WSJ Rumor: NX to "work with" PS4, smartphones, PC

Sensor bar!!!
Yeees

I love the pointer that Wii brought.
I miss the gameplay capabilities that Mário galaxy, Pandoras tower and metroid prime trilogy brought.
Screw the swinging controlers from zeldas and Wii sports. Keep pointers all the way!!!

Around the Network

Seems to..... Safe.

Apart from the 900p thing... That seems stupid. Games will probably vary, like they do now.

zorg1000 said:

Yep and like I said earlier, nobody is forced to buy both just like iPhone owners aren't forced to buy iPads or iPods or vice versa. Apple just cares about getting as many people to use iOS as possible, If u just want the bare bones device for a kid than get the iPod, if u want a device to take with u everywhere u go than get the iPhone, if u prefer a device with a bigger screen to use at home than get the iPad. It makes no difference to Apple, as long as each device is profitable & the overall number of iOS owners is growing than they succeed. That's what Nintendo needs.

Bingo.

AlfredoTurkey said:

So you're talking about company philosophy. I could agree there, to an extent. But what I was refering to was consumer base and product line. I don't think selling iPhones, iPads and Macs really compare to selling dedicated home and handheld consoles. They are in different industries selling to different demographics. Saying that Apple gets away with this or gets away with that doesn't really have much weight when we're talking about what Nintendo can do imo. 

I think the overlap is definitely there. Most of these are luxury devices, and the demographics aren't nearly as different as you make them out to be.

binary solo said:
Isn't 900px60fps overall better than what PS4 and Xb one achieve? PS4 pretty much always hits 1080p, but only for 30fps games. Typically 60fps games are sub 1080, or they are graphically relatively undemanding.

But still, it's not a major technical improvement over PS4 and Xb one, so trying to drag the PS/Xb audience away through having a nottably more powerful machine would clearly not be in their minds if that output turns out to be true.

It is in regards to games today, what people here are struggling to comprehend that you did is when they say Wii U outputs 1080p that was in regards to the games around at the time.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep and like I said earlier, nobody is forced to buy both just like iPhone owners aren't forced to buy iPads or iPods or vice versa. Apple just cares about getting as many people to use iOS as possible, If u just want the bare bones device for a kid than get the iPod, if u want a device to take with u everywhere u go than get the iPhone, if u prefer a device with a bigger screen to use at home than get the iPad. It makes no difference to Apple, as long as each device is profitable & the overall number of iOS owners is growing than they succeed. That's what Nintendo needs.

Bingo.

Bingo! ho ho ho ho

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think with Nintendo and their track record 900p is very likely. Also if you look at their scaling of handhelds, the next one up in power would be about that of the Wii U. I think the people who expect Nintendo as a company to make a machine on par with the current gen are fantasists as the Iwata era track record speaks for itself and this is essentially his final console. They aren't going to retool it at the 11th hour.

My firm belief is Nintendo will try and keep their handheld development relationships with 3rd parties and make a handheld which scales up onto a TV. This makes absolute sense for them as they could develop twice as many games as a first party for a single handheld unit (and sell a home unit as a secondary peripheral) and likely port Wii U games across ontop of that just at a slightly lower res and with worse textures if space is an issue.