By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: GFK (Nintendo client) leaks Nintendo's next gen system info and WSJ Rumor: NX to "work with" PS4, smartphones, PC

No power adapter?

Around the Network

Found this on GAF.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

jigokutamago said:

Smash Wii U runs at 1080p 60fps though.

It ran at 1080p/60fps for games during the 360/PS3 era not games this gen.

ZhugeEX said:

Ok. Lets clear this up.

1. GfK is not a client of Nintendo. It is the other way around, Nintendo is a client of GfK
2. GfK are a market research company.
3. This is a real survey sent out to people that asks hypothetical questions about Nintendo in the future.
4. There are other questions in this survey about other hypothetical features such as disc drive or streaming services.
5. This is not a survey commissioned by Nintendo. GfK also would not have access to this sort of info.
6. The slide in the OP shouldn't be taken as confirmation of anything. Especially as some of the 'specs' contradict each other. For example 900p is not a spec, it's a design choice.
7. Specs for the Nintendo NX are likely already confirmed at this point. But again GfK would not have access to this and this is just their own survey on the console market that they've put out. 

Of course no one will read this post at all...... I wonder why I bother sometimes. 

Well this context makes more sense

spemanig said:
The most important detail here is that it's the first official acknowledgement that the NX is a codename for the handheld AND the console. It's not speculation anymore. Nintendo's official client sent out a survey clearly spelling out NX handheld and NX console.

One platform. Two form factors. And gameplay "flows between" the two. AKA buy a game on one, play it on both.

If that's going to be the case, it's going to be very hard to convince people to buy both products. Part of what made the Gameboy line and original DS so interesting was because it was unique. The Gamboy Advance was a SNES on steroids in an era of full 3D games on home consoles. Metroid Fusion worked so well because it was so different from Metroid Prime. Consumers had reason enough to buy both products. If Nintendo tries to sell two systems that are exactly the same with portability being the only difference between the two? I don't think that's going to give consumers enough incentive. 

Around the Network

Emily Rogers is posting the rest of the survey.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

900p called it. I don't see Nintendo going hard and giving us full 1080p60

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

AZWification said:

Emily Rogers is posting the rest of the survey.

As mentioned, it's basically just a bunch of hypothetical questions about 'would you buy if x'

It's just a bunch of random made up stuff and asking if you'd buy it-

Notice the different specs and prices etc...

Here are more of the survey in pictures:

Credits to gaf poster: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192767225&postcount=1151

Looks like this whole thing was a survey for a selective few to take like other have mentioned. 

edits: Damn Zhuge with the ninja edit lol

Edit: Someone already posted it.