By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: GFK (Nintendo client) leaks Nintendo's next gen system info and WSJ Rumor: NX to "work with" PS4, smartphones, PC

V-r0cK said:
If true:

Sensor bar? So motion control is still a big part of it. I wont be liking it as motion control games arent my forte.

A lot of the new "leaked" rumors are indicating a NX home and handheld console. I was hoping more of a hybrid of it being a handheld that you can hook up onto your TV and play with a controller, like the PSP/PSP Go and forgo the whole remote play-like feature.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sensor bar, those things are dirt cheap to produce, and why not include them? Makes it easier and more accesible for those who want to play with motion controls. The Wii U came with a sensor bar, I believe the only game I ever used it for was Pikmin 3. 

Around the Network

The most important detail here is that it's the first official acknowledgement that the NX is a codename for the handheld AND the console. It's not speculation anymore. Nintendo's official client sent out a survey clearly spelling out NX handheld and NX console.

One platform. Two form factors. And gameplay "flows between" the two. AKA buy a game on one, play it on both.

JNK said:
Wyrdness said:
What's wrong with 900p, that's what X1 outputs? A home console at that power could be sold for a competitive price, after all they admitted the Wii U is well above the price they'd normally consider.

wii u have 1080p60fps games so it would be weaker, im sure its fake

Most Wii U games are 720p at 60fps, 900p at 60fps on average is well above the Wii U even the X1 has a hard time doing that.

Octane said:
V-r0cK said:
If true:

Sensor bar? So motion control is still a big part of it. I wont be liking it as motion control games arent my forte.

A lot of the new "leaked" rumors are indicating a NX home and handheld console. I was hoping more of a hybrid of it being a handheld that you can hook up onto your TV and play with a controller, like the PSP/PSP Go and forgo the whole remote play-like feature.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sensor bar, those things are dirt cheap to produce, and why not include them? Makes it easier and more accesible for those who want to play with motion controls. The Wii U came with a sensor bar, I believe the only game I ever used it for was Pikmin 3. 

I'm sure they're cheap to produce but we're talking about Nintendo here; they didn't include a power adapter with the new 3DS which is something more mandatory.

And the Wii U came with a sensor bar because there are Wii U games that uses Wiimotes; thus need the sensor bar.

So the NX will come with a sensor bar becasue there will be NX games that uses motion controls.

That's how I see it anyways.  

Octane said:

It needs the sensor bar for Wii VC and Wii U BC games that use the Wiimote. I wouldn't put any stock in it negatively effecting NX games moving forward.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
gatito said:
The 900p thing was the giveaway, what a lazy fake.

It's confirmed real. The survey comes from an official Nintendo client. They don't fake things. 900p shouldn't even be a point of contention. It's not saying that the console can only output in 900p. It literally says the console can stream 4k video in the line prior. It's literally just a list of general feature bullet points. Anyone with the most minimal knowledge of how consoles work can figure that out.

What's confirmed real?

We have a twitter link to a cropped image which easily be faked + what is this a survey of?

900p/60fps should be a point of contention until more context is given. It's doesn't make any sense for 900p60fps to be listed as a feature when the system is capable of more. It doesn't add up. 

teigaga said:

What's confirmed real?

We have a twitter link to a cropped image , what is this a survey of?

900p/60fps should be a point of contention until more context is given. It's doesn't make any sense for 900p60fps to be listed as a feature when the system is capable of more. It doesn't add up. 

The survey is.

No, it shouldn't. It's just a thrown out number. There's nothing to add up. PS4 is supposed to support 4k gaming. Not one exists. 1080p 60fps. Few games are. It's just a number thrown out there. It's not up to the console manufacturer - it's up to the developer. 900p 60fps means absolutely nothing. If a dev doesn't want to use those numbers, they won't. If they want 1080p 60fps, they'll make it so. If they want 1080p 30fps, they'll do it. 720p 60fps? They'll do that. 720p 30fps? They'll do it. 900p 60fps/30fps? They'll do what they want. There's no way the NX will bottleneck the system to output blurrier visuals than their prior console.

teigaga said:
spemanig said:
gatito said:
The 900p thing was the giveaway, what a lazy fake.

It's confirmed real. The survey comes from an official Nintendo client. They don't fake things. 900p shouldn't even be a point of contention. It's not saying that the console can only output in 900p. It literally says the console can stream 4k video in the line prior. It's literally just a list of general feature bullet points. Anyone with the most minimal knowledge of how consoles work can figure that out.

What's confirmed real?

We have a twitter link to a cropped image which easily be faked + what is this a survey of?

Maybe rather then resolution they're more focused on fps showing that at 60fps you can get 900p, 1080p/30fps and 900p/60fps are even trade offs essentially but they went with the one that highlights better performance as not many games run at 60fps now days unless on PC.

BraLoD said:
GFK is pretty legit stuff.
I wonder how will it work with the PS4...
About the 900p/60fps, if it's like that it can pretty much do 1080p/30fps as well.
If it "works" with the PS4 it shouldn't be much different from it.

It may be cross console multiplayer, which is one of the more obvious things it could be. Since it seems neither Sony nor Microsoft view Nintendo as a direct rivial. It could also be something more Nitnendo like share gameplay data between titles.

Meh, this means nothing.

It's just a survey from GFK that is probably looking into how the market would react to that kind of machine. But that doesn't mean that this is Nintendo's plan or anything.

We don't even know if the survey comes from GFK itself to improve their own data gathering methods, if they have been hired by Nintendo itself or if it's from another client (for example GAME to know how much shelf space to allocate to the new machines).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.