By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you an Xbox Fan, Playstation Fan, or Nintendo Fan.

Read the title

Xbox Fan! :D 68 11.74%

Playstation Fan! :D 295 50.95%

Nintendo Fan! :D 216 37.31%

Total:579

I like Xbox exclusives most.

I enjoy Playstation games but I don't love them as much as most people. I enjoy some of the more simplistic and arcade-y stuff from NIntendo (2D Mario stuff, Splatoon, Kid Icarus: Uprising, etc).

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Nintendo.

Although I have nothing against PlayStation and Xbox and don't mind getting either. I do own a 360 and love it and I don't have a ps2 but there are several games on it that I want... So I know I'll love that. 

But Nintendo consoles are my main consoles.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

5Gen: PlayStation, got much later a N64 when the Gen was over
6Gen: We owned all consoles during this time but at the start and at the generations end my brother and i had only a PS2
7Gen: PC gaming all the way for me, got a PS3 at the very end
8Gen: PS4, and now a Wii U too for some games

nanarchy said:
None of the above. I am a gaming fan.

Exactly this.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

PlayStation since 2005. Was Nintendo before. But the DS totally turned me off, I didn't like all that double-screen touchscreen fanciness. That's why I decided to get a PSP, because it looked more like a beefed up GBA to me, the handheld I enjoyed so much in the years before. I never regretted that decision, the PSP was a blast. It was the first time I actually gave Sony a chance. I somewhat hated the company before, because, y'know, they weren't Nintendo and I was a friggin' stupid child.

Anyway, because of good experience, I also gave the PS3 a chance some time later and also didn't regret that. Since then, I got more and more impressed by Sony. Today I not only have PlayStation consoles, but also a TV, two smartphones, a tablet, a camera, headphones and much much other stuff from Sony. If they wouldn't have killed Vaio, my laptop would also be from them, but now it's an Apple MacBook. =P
10 years ago, I never thought it would turn out this way.

Nintendo will always have dat special place in my heart, because it's what I grew up with. But they just can't impress me anymore today. Not only am I not that much into gimmicky stuff like motion controls or 3D, I also have the feeling that the games aren't too much different from back in the days. I do have a 3DS, but I barely ever touch it. Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country returns and many more games just seem so familiar, they aren't surprising me anymore and so I tend to just play something else. That doesn't mean I think the games are bad, they are actually very well designed. But it's just not for me anymore. Nintendo didn't grow up with me. But anyway, maybe the NX will get me again, we'll see.

About Microsoft, well I'm seriously pissed off at that company for decades now. It all started with my very first computer which had Windows 95 running on it. It was a friggin' mess. Every day, and I mean every day, something went wrong. Constant bluescreens, reboots every hour and stuff like that made me so so mad. Windows 98 was even worse. I got that sucker on day one in the hopes that everything is going to be better, but that shit was just broken. It didn't work. Windows 98SE was okay, I guess, but not mind-blowing either. I pretty soon tried out Linux and while it needed some getting used to, it worked like a charm. My PC ran 6-12 months straight without ever needing to shutdown or reboot while still getting all updates for all the software. I loved that. I used SuSE Linux back then, but switched to Debian later. But yeah, because gaming and stuff, I changed back to Windows with XP and I don't even want to think about it. It was horrible. Same with Windows 7 and 8. I mean the systems do run, but I just don't get why it has to be such a hassle all of the time and why so many things simply won't run for no reason whatsoever. It's really getting on your nerves. I decided to switch to Apple last year because of that (and, like I said, because there ain't no more Vaio =P) and OSX is a blast thus far. It only has some problems with WLAN every now and then but other than that I didn't have any problems whatsoever on my MacBook.

I still got the Original XBox and loved it for what it was - ridiculously overpowered and way ahead of its time. The Xbox 360 gave me a headache though. Needed to send in that fucker 9 times, which reassured me in thinking that Microsoft has no problem with throwing out faulty products. Until today, I see no reason to get an Xbox One. I thought about it, but decided against it time and time again. I'm a big Tomb Raider fan, but I can wait for the PS4 version. So yeah.

About PC gaming, I used to love it as a kid. It was so much fun to build my own machine, upgrade it and benchmark the living crap out of it! But when I got out of school, began to work all day, git a girlfriend and a child, I just didn't have the time for it anymore. So I'm almost exclusively playing on consoles today. Only some games that aren't available on consoles get some playtime from me on my computer. I love Civilization, Kerbal Space Program, Undertale and some others. Just now I'm also playing Punch Club. But that's about it.

I know that's all very personal and I don't want to say that this or that machine or this or that company is objectively the absolute best or anything. It's just how things worked out for me. I also wouldn't call me a fan. I developed trust into Sony and their products, but I'm well aware that it's just a big ass company that doesn't care at all about me, but just about my money. The same is true for Microsoft and Nintendo. So while I am certainly biased, I still give the competition a fair chance to impress me every now and then.

Sorry for the long post. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Playstation & PC fan, Playstation for sony IP and jrpg, and PC for strategy game like civilization etc.

I am simply fan.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

JEMC said:
nanarchy said:

Exactly this.

I find being a fan or having loyalty to a brand or a company demeaning and a little sad. whichever brand/company/product provides me what I want at this point in time gets my dollars and stops getting them the second it isn't what I want. Games are like movies, I play games for my enjoyment, I don't care who makes the game or who gets my money as long as I get my entertainment.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
SWORDF1SH said:
I always get the impression that the PS and Nintendo are about the same size with the Xbox crowd about half.

Personally, I think the Xbox crowd is actually split between those who came on with the 360 vs those who came on with the OG.

I consider myself an extraordinary case but coming off of Xbox, I was pissed off at the Xbox 360 because of the transition and how they dumped the previous gen.

Some ppl try to rationalize it to me like, oh the Xbox did nothing but but redlined profits or that it was a failure so of course MS dropped it and I'm like I don't give a damn what the Xbox did for MS, I cared about what it did for me, which was great. Which was partially the reason I shunned the 360. 

That being said, those who have stayed with Xbox since the OG, I'm certain they are different from the 360ers and Oners, so much so that they deserve their own niche.

Curiously, I started that gen with the Gamecube, but I wanted the Xbox. The only reason I didn't buy an Xbox that gen was because I had a Gamecube for X-mas and I had no way of justifying an Xbox... I eventually had an original Xbox, but that was nearly three years afterwards and I did like it more than the GC. Three months later I had finished 8 games and decided to buy myself an X360 so technically, I am an OG Xbox fan too, but I have stayed with the brand throughly.

Aeolus451 said:
Well, based off of the genres of games that I like, I'm a playstation fan.

If we are on that, I should also be a Playstation fan, but I am not...

nanarchy said:
JEMC said:
nanarchy said:

Exactly this.

I find being a fan or having loyalty to a brand or a company demeaning and a little sad. whichever brand/company/product provides me what I want at this point in time gets my dollars and stops getting them the second it isn't what I want. Games are like movies, I play games for my enjoyment, I don't care who makes the game or who gets my money as long as I get my entertainment.

I agree with this, but Sony and Nintendo just don't have anything that calls to me... I am a MS fan just because they happen to have the games that interest me, rather than out of hating other companies (though I am annoyed with the Japanese companies' latest antics, but that's an stigma I have for all JP companies since they seem to have changed for the worst). I do have brand loyalty to MS though... mostly since I have lots of MS stuff (keyboard, mouse, consoles, tablets, phone...) but it's no different than kids having Apple products. I just don't like Apple. They don't suit me for some reason, though that's just my opinion. 

Nintendo and PC for me. Hopped off the other two for this gen and a bit of last and since this gen MS support is 10 only I'll be sticking more with Nintendo.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"